Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural hair but a relaxed state of mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 1.73  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 7:59am
It does and it's a bish to color someone's hair after it........metallic and veggie dyes are unstable and speaking from a colorist pov I hate them........
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 8:00am
Sandy when you finna color my hair?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 8:03am
sandy, what do you think about that concept of getting a lil more hangtime by doing a blunt cut?

also, i may need to start coloring soon.  i have a few (one or 2 lol) greys now.  what do you suggest?  i wouldn't mind being salt and peppa but i don't want it to look dusty.  lol.  let a sistah know sumthin...Big smile

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 14 2013 at 8:05am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 8:20am
It's simple layers take out weight which gives hair.......lift or volume........like Domin said the 90 blunt cut leave the longest layers on top......longer layers equal more weight...........when she say 90 degree she mean L.......projection and cut.......you project I and cut __ ........

Redken color gel line has some of the best grey coverage......that's what I use......
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 8:33am
thanks hunny bunny!
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 11:55am
Henna can loosen the curl pattern, but that's not a guarantee and it's not exactly like you can reliably drop a texture from a type 4 to a type 3 after a set number of apps. Some people experience a texture change but many don't. Plus, it takes A LOT of henna apps to loosen your curl pattern. Mine loosened slightly but I'm clearly still a type 4. It's probably part of the reason I have hang time, but it wasn't the goal for why I use henna. It's a great scalp moisturizer...I'm due for a henna app anyway.

Nowadays I do henna rinses anyway instead of full strength henna apps.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 12:10pm
Think I'll do henna.

Anyway, I think this thread title describes my hair care. Natural with a relaxed state of mind.. as in I've learned to relax and just let my hair grow peacefully instead of obsessing about it all the time.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

lol model well i was just wondering since some naturals think chemicals will make your hair snap crackle and pop it like it's hotLOL

the only time my hair ever snapped off (allbeit while relaxed) was after a color.  my friend is a natural who colors religiously (she actually went natural because she colored so much) and i think her hair very damaged still...Ermm

the only time my hair breaks from colour is while natural. Its very strange, but i have no fear of colouring and relaxing, because ive never had a bad experience.  ---but i do DC twice per week though =---although i did the very same thing coloured and natural, but still had breakage....

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

If you color you are no longer natural........color alters your hair and 30 volume and up has the same ph and ingredients as a relaxer.......

thats buvlsh*t. my hair is the same exact texture post colour as it is before colour

and furthermore, in this context, natural means not relaxed, texlaxed or jherri curled, so stfuLOL

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

If a person has a solid viewpoint on a topic it should speak for itself. No character assassination necessary. Discredit the idea, not the person presenting it.

Thumbs Up

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 28>