Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural hair but a relaxed state of mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 1.73  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:41pm
Natural judge what is naturally coming out your scalp...there is no win win situation.
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:43pm
#teamcoloured
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I thought this thread was funny in that ppl that I know who are natural most of the time in here didn't "take offense" and the folks who weren't natural on a regular basis (wear lf/wigs/weaves) seemed to "hollar" the most.  Amusing!

Interesting POV SweetNov.  I don't straighten for length checks but rather take notice as my twists grow longer down my back/shld. 

I don't activately grab a ruler and measure, but will pull at them and think "hmm my hair is growingBig smile"  Or I see new styles I can do with longer lengths which thrill me as well.   Forgive the rambling, I'm tired and sleepy.

I noticed this. I feel if a person is confident in who they are and what they do then someone else's dissenting opinion shouldn't make them feel any type of way.

See if I ever come on here rude and accusing people of inflammatory nonsense because someone dares question what I believe in...not gonna happen because I know who I am and what I believe and why and I don't need anyone to agree with me.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 3:48am

I thought this thread was funny in that ppl that I know who are natural most of the time in here didn't "take offense" and the folks who weren't natural on a regular basis (wear lf/wigs/weaves) seemed to "hollar" the most.  Amusing!

Interesting POV SweetNov.  I don't straighten for length checks but rather take notice as my twists grow longer down my back/shld. 

I don't activately grab a ruler and measure, but will pull at them and think "hmm my hair is growingBig smile"  Or I see new styles I can do with longer lengths which thrill me as well.   Forgive the rambling, I'm tired and sleepy.

inaccurate observation imo,  ITD is natural and so is hd, and others, many people didn't take offense but spoke another pov. If that is what you mean by taking offense.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 3:50am
May I also mention that there is a method of cutting the natural hair that optimizes it's appearance in it's natural state...sometimes called the Deva cut. 

Once again, no need to get up in arms, you don't have to go out and get it, I promise. I'm just making mention that there exists a well known method of cutting and trimming hair with emphasis on the appearance of the hair in it's natural state.

Let me repeat, please don't feel inclined to get it if you don't want it. I don't have it because my hair is not long enough to where it gets that weird semicircle shape when natural. This is not an advertisement. I am just making mention. Let's avoid the defensiveness, drama, and bitterness.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 3:51am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

inaccurate observation imo,  ITD is natural and so is hd, and others, many people didn't take offense but spoke another pov. If that is what you mean by taking offense.

They are natural but may or may not often wear their hair in natural hairstyles. That's what tbaby meant.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 3:56am
Also f8, Ritle for example who usually wears her hair in natural styles offered some alternative views to my OP and yet she maintained a polite and respectful demeanor without making accusations.

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 4:03am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

May I also mention that there is a method of cutting the natural hair that optimizes it's appearance in it's natural state...sometimes called the Deva cut. 
yes you may, thank you. now i'm interested and shall look it up. 

while i get people straightening to clip ends (i'm just assuming it's easier to spot splits, etc when hair is straight), i usually just clip my ends while my hair is twisted. 

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 14 2013 at 4:04am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 4:03am
*dbl post*

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 14 2013 at 4:03am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

yes you may. now i'm interested. 

while i get people straightening to clip ends (i'm just assuming it's easier to spot splits, etc when hair is straight), i usually just clip my ends while my hair is twisted. 

I learned about the clipping ends in twists method from MahoganyCurls and the book Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey.

With the Deva Cut each individual curl is cut as a unit to flatter the overall appearance of the natural hair. I think it's a genius idea. Other salons besides Devachan do natural hair cuts and call it the Deva cut but it may not technically be licensed with that name.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 28>
  Share Topic