Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Natural hair but a relaxed state of mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 1.73  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Dap means kind of like a hood handshake. Meaning we're squashing it. 

I'm definitely not about to argue with you but you're trying to redirect the conversation. Nothing in my OP said anything about texture or skin tone and nothing in my OP is specific to texture or skin tone. You brought it up. And yes, although one of my fave youtubers is MahoganyCurls who definitely has a looser texture of hair, I tend to watch mostly people with kinky hair because I have kinky hair so of course I'm going to come across and post more videos of people with kinky hair who happen to be dark skinned because--surprise!--that's what usually goes along with having kinky hair. Actually I got a lot of my ideas from MahoganyCurls and if you know anything about her videos you will know what I mean.

But if I see a video of a woman I think is beautiful I'm gonna post it. I'm not gonna not post because she is light. Give me a break. I have nothing else to say on the matter because once again skin color nor hair type had no part in my OP and I'm too old to be arguing about such things. So if we're finished talking about hair care, let's dap it off.
Oh @ the dap thing
No one was arguing with you. You offered a point of view, I offered a different one. Is it automatically arguing when one has a different point of view? You act as thought what I was saying is absolute. What I was saying reflects on my hair practices and the reasons, if any, behind them which you haven't the first clue about.
No one was saying you are wrong, just that what you are saying doesn't hold true for everyone who straightens their hair.
I'm not trying to turn this into anything else. I bought up a related observation as it too pertains to the realm of the topic you bought up.
But yes. We can do a dap and agree to disagree.

Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

so, is one considered natural after having colored ones hair?

To me, natural is defined as not using a relaxer. End of story.

But I have been on some hair boards where in the comment section, things devolve quickly as some naturals go apesh!t trying to say that any chemical use whatsoever is wrong and not natural.

I use henna and I live for a twist out set with bantus...so I point no fingers lol.
Lol I can't stand when people say that. It's so annoying. Granted I don't color my own hair but many natural haired women do. Unless they get damage, it doesn't change their texture permanently.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 10:26pm
I twisted my hair up tonight and thought about this fun thread.
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 10:41pm
I actually cut my hair out of the 90 degree fro that my hair grew out of in order for it to hang down 2 years into being natural, when I mostly wore braids. The funny thing is, when your hair grows long, it can mimmick the hang down of straightened hair (meaning that even though my hair is natural, it doesn't fro out, but hangs down due to length and getting rid of the layers. It was really just a preference so that I wouldn't have layers and I can maximize the thickness of my ends. I don't like uniform layers on myself. Also, cutting your hair out of layers leaves you less likely to get s.s knots. Her cut is cute and her hair is thick as hayull.

I don't get the issue...your hair is a way for you to express yourself without speaking, just as style... some ppl take things way too seriously (Not nec. the OP, because she was just querying, but I am just saying...)
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:21pm
I thought this thread was funny in that ppl that I know who are natural most of the time in here didn't "take offense" and the folks who weren't natural on a regular basis (wear lf/wigs/weaves) seemed to "hollar" the most.  Amusing!

Interesting POV SweetNov.  I don't straighten for length checks but rather take notice as my twists grow longer down my back/shld. 

I don't activately grab a ruler and measure, but will pull at them and think "hmm my hair is growingBig smile"  Or I see new styles I can do with longer lengths which thrill me as well.   Forgive the rambling, I'm tired and sleepy.

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:22pm
If you color you are no longer natural........color alters your hair and 30 volume and up has the same ph and ingredients as a relaxer.......
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:32pm
Too many....words...written......can't read....

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:41pm
Natural judge what is naturally coming out your scalp...there is no win win situation.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 11:43pm
#teamcoloured
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I thought this thread was funny in that ppl that I know who are natural most of the time in here didn't "take offense" and the folks who weren't natural on a regular basis (wear lf/wigs/weaves) seemed to "hollar" the most.  Amusing!

Interesting POV SweetNov.  I don't straighten for length checks but rather take notice as my twists grow longer down my back/shld. 

I don't activately grab a ruler and measure, but will pull at them and think "hmm my hair is growingBig smile"  Or I see new styles I can do with longer lengths which thrill me as well.   Forgive the rambling, I'm tired and sleepy.

I noticed this. I feel if a person is confident in who they are and what they do then someone else's dissenting opinion shouldn't make them feel any type of way.

See if I ever come on here rude and accusing people of inflammatory nonsense because someone dares question what I believe in...not gonna happen because I know who I am and what I believe and why and I don't need anyone to agree with me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
  Share Topic