BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Natural hair advertising...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Alias wowwww, those ladies had amazing progressClap

If that isn't hair p.o.r.n., I don't know what isLOL

I love that there's a wide variety of textures that were dealt with

And Client F (or E?) is Mwedzi...I've seen a couple of her videos on yt as well

Yaaasss!!ClapClap

Alladat hair swinging whew *fans self*LOLEmbarrassed

LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:38pm
Well I went back to natural back in August and BC'd in October of last year. It was more spiritual for me then just following a trend. In my opinion I just hate that soooo many companies are trying to profit on us just being ourselves now. I have yet to pay a sh!tload of money for the Shea Butter products and other stuff and quite frankly, I don't plan to. I'm still using the dirt cheap deep conditioners from DR and Brazil that I was using when I was relaxing.

Its one thing if you wanna have a couple of products catered to us, but right now the market is becoming sooooo saturated with products for natural hair. And the prices are ridiculous. Its like they are tapping into some of our minds and know that although we are natural and proud, quite a few of us still want "manageable naps", so they push a product promising these results and charging a ridiculous amount of money.

Its like whether you weave it, perm it, loc it or sport a fro, these leeches are still after us trying to bamboozle us out of our money. Based on some of the ingredients of some products, you can make the sh!t at home.

I wasn't there at the time, but I highly doubt there was this many products like this back in the 70's and earlier decades when we were being ourselves and sporting our fros.
I'm quite sure that some of these products are great, but I just refuse to spend my money like that.

Just my two cents...

Edited by blaquefoxx - Mar 02 2013 at 1:39pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Every natural hair line have products for curly hair just for styling purposes has nothing to do with texture some women use those same products for twist/braid outs.

A lot of women thing the products are supposed to make their 4b hair into a 3c.

Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Every natural hair line have products for curly hair just for styling purposes has nothing to do with texture some women use those same products for twist/braid outs.

A lot of women thing the products are supposed to make their 4b hair into a 3c.

Yeah they do--I've heard it myself from some..smh
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:08pm
LOL Embarrassed

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Look to the left of your screen LOL

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

well Jane Carter made stuff for her hair...so I can't be upset with that. her butter is great.  Does Shea Moisture advertise? Their moisturizing shampoo is so great I rarely condition after using it.

Of course the advertising sucks for natural hair products. Advertising sucks for everthing. It's suck a vapid industry... who expects anything better?

SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:22am
I think it's great that so many products are coming out for naturals. Naturals still aren't the majority but they do know we are major product junkies and yes they are taking advantage but due to the competition they have to step their game up. But I still have yet to see type 4 natural hair being portrayed as desired or beautiful. The advertising makes turns the focus to striving to become what we are not in stead of accepting what we are.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 3:49am
Can someone please post a link with the hair types because I want to know what mine is.  

Also, how do you find out the prosity & density?
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 3:51am
This looks about right:

Scratch that. Everybody in the bottom row look 4c to me.

How about this?

Edited by SweetNovember* - Mar 06 2013 at 3:53am
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 3:54am
You'd be better off looking on youtube for examples of different hair types. Some people are off a bit with their typing, but you'll get a general enough idea.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 4:09am
Ooooh right! l'll have a look on youtube as well thank you!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic