Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural hair advertising...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:23am
well Jane Carter made stuff for her hair...so I can't be upset with that. her butter is great.  Does Shea Moisture advertise? Their moisturizing shampoo is so great I rarely condition after using it.

Edited by EPITOME - Mar 01 2013 at 7:26am
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

well Jane Carter made stuff for her hair...so I can't be upset with that. her butter is great.  Does Shea Moisture advertise? They're moisturizing shampoo is so great I rarely condition after using it.

I like her detangling spray.

Love their products with the yellow label and the smoothie with the orange label.

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:58am
That is why I keep it simple..inexpensive Shampoo, Condish and essential oil...those products are too expensive and really do nothing but make my hair feel weird. I have a total of three hair products..well, make it 4..I've been using a hair mask.
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 10:37am
This is what I came in to say about my hair. Advertising of the hair curl isn't relevant to my product purchase. I know the many properties of my hair and that has proved more useful than the curl typing system.

Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Someones hair looking like mine doesn't determine if im going to buy it either, because that (curl typing) isn't enough or relevant...I know the properties of my hair and know what type of ingredients to look for...
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:22am

This left a bad taste in my mouth

Anti- Shrinkage? Really Dark n Lovely?

With the wave of naturals increasing year by year, I feel like it is imperative for women of color to become smarter consumers, learn your ingredients...We can't have them fooling us anymore, as a chem nerd I cant stress this enough...Understand that marketing is all about making a product appealing, and companies will label a product based on what they know will draw people in...Alot of companies blatantly insult your common sense with their claims, and sadly alot of women fall for it...This applies to everything, from the food you eat to the clothes you wear.

I saw this in Walgreens a few hours ago. Had I not read this post I would probably have picked up something from their line lol. I'll wait til the reviews start rolling out.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:14am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

in general, i don't pay attn to people who are natural or products geared twd natural hair unless their head looks similar to this in texture:

i love Angela Yee and all but seeing her on a billboard for Jessie's is not going to make me use that product.  her hair and my hair are not going to behave the same.  I like to see ppl with my texture using the product so I know what my end result will be.

My hair is just like this texture.

So is mine.

What hair type is this?  I think this might be my texture, too.  I always get so confused because I have very fine hair, but a lot of it, so I don't feel like I can type my hair properly.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by katakana89 katakana89 wrote:

This is what I came in to say about my hair. Advertising of the hair curl isn't relevant to my product purchase. I know the many properties of my hair and that has proved more useful than the curl typing system.

Someones hair looking like mine doesn't determine if im going to buy it either, because that (curl typing) isn't enough or relevant...I know the properties of my hair and know what type of ingredients to look for...

What do you mean you know the properties of your hair? How did you find this out?
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:19am
porosity, density, strand size
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:25am
I hate all of the sh*t. Especially Miss Jessie's and Shea not really Moisture.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 10:22am
Look to the left of your screen LOL

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

well Jane Carter made stuff for her hair...so I can't be upset with that. her butter is great.  Does Shea Moisture advertise? Their moisturizing shampoo is so great I rarely condition after using it.

Of course the advertising sucks for natural hair products. Advertising sucks for everthing. It's suck a vapid industry... who expects anything better?

Edited by Alias_Avi - Mar 02 2013 at 10:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System