Forum Lockednatural dreads

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Warrior22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: natural dreads
    Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 8:07pm
Is it true that if hair is left uncombed and unbrushed in black males that the hair will begin to naturally form dreadlocks? if so what do you think of this method?
Sponsored Links

puchi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2007 at 1:25am
Yes. Its called organic locs or freeform locs. Any hair that is not combed on a regular basis will mat and tangle. And since afro hair is typically more coily, it should mat faster than someone with straight here.

I respect those with freeform locs. I think it takes a lot of confidence to do so. Rastas typically have freeform locs. I am loced my self, but I palmroll for maintainance. I would love to freeform, but in this day and age, people are not as accepting of such styles, let alone natural hair. So I twist my roots for a "neat" look.
missdove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 9:22pm
hi puchi!!!!. I have locs started from braids. I mostly freeform. But every 3 months i go ahead and latch them back down....but not all the way down so they still have that wild look. if youwould like more info...check out the website me and puchi frequent. Its called nappturality.com. Enjoy :)
puchi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2007 at 12:56am
Originally posted by missdove missdove wrote:

hi puchi!!!!. I have locs started from braids. I mostly freeform. But every 3 months i go ahead and latch them back down....but not all the way down so they still have that wild look. if youwould like more info...check out the website me and puchi frequent. Its called nappturality.com. Enjoy :)

Hey girl!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic