Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Natural birth or epidural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:35pm
My C-section recovery was easier than recovering from having a wisdom tooth removed. I took the pain pills for about 2 days after I came home from the hospital, then was up and around doing as much as my mother and grandmother would let me. Which wasn't much, but still.

I coulda walked around the block carrying my baby, if they had let me out the house. They old school. Talmbout some "You and that baby not comin out this house for 6 weeks!" What ever. Ermm
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

doctors these days rush to give c-sections.
less liability for them if something goes wrong.
yup and use scare tactics to force you into a c-section. Telling you that the baby is in distress and that they baby is having heart dysrhythmias. And the your decelerating. All this stuff that would make a mother freak out. Im having my baby at a jewish hospital because they prefer natural birth to c-sections. 

i figured.  i was talking to my friend in med school and she was saying that her sister is about to have her third c-section.  i was like what?  i have a hard time believing this 21 year old girl cannot give birth naturally. she said she agreed and knows they pressured her to have one the first time and now they wont let her have a natural birth at all.

she said in FL they do this a lot bc so many of her family members have c-sections.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:41pm
none.

childfree ftw!
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:25pm
Epi or surrogate. My mom was in labor for 36 hours. No thank u
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:28pm
Had a C-section, however I can't see any reason I would want to feel a body squeezed out of my vagina....so epidural if we have another.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:04pm
Sometimes I think I would do it natural then I'm reminded of how bad my cramps are.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:24pm
My sister had no pain relief with twins. Whoa

Epidural for the winLOL
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I coulda walked around the block carrying my baby, if they had let me out the house. They old school. Talmbout some "You and that baby not comin out this house for 6 weeks!" What ever. Ermm
LOL when Thing 1 was born i was happy to stay in the house. everyone had me scared. everyone talkin bout how weak (which they are not)babies systems are and they can catch all this stuff...i was like noooo Cry we stayin in doors. but when Thing 2 was born we stayed at the mall and target lol. i HAD to be out the house.Smile
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 8:06am
You ladies are amazing. Bringing a child into this world is a selfless act and many people take it for granted or take it and motherhood too lightly. Thank god for mothers like you all! 👍
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

doctors these days rush to give c-sections.
less liability for them if something goes wrong.
yup and use scare tactics to force you into a c-section. Telling you that the baby is in distress and that they baby is having heart dysrhythmias. And the your decelerating. All this stuff that would make a mother freak out. Im having my baby at a jewish hospital because they prefer natural birth to c-sections. 

Alladis is the truth.  I went in on a Monday morning for a ultrasound and by noon, they'd told me that they were keeping me and inducing labor because they felt my amniotic fluid was too low.  I was 38 weeks, 5 days prego

To initiate dilation, they placed some type of apparatus (cervidil) up close to my cervix.  After a full day, no dilation.

Day two, Cervidil and Pitocin was started. Contractions throughout the night every 5 minutes, but no dilation.

Day Three: Dilated only 2 cm.  They used the scare tactic that it was best to get the baby out of there, my amniotic fluid was low and therefore, they broke my water. Contractions got worst. 1 hour later, the same 2cm. They used the scare tactic that now my baby's heartrate was slowing down and I had to have an urgent c-section.  I bout lost my damn mind and tried to get off the table when they put the oxygen on my face.

So yeah, I don't think my fluid was low. About two days prior, he had shifted which made walking really painful.  I think that because he was moving downward, they just wasn't measuring right.  I wish I would have had him full term and my body given a chance to go into labor when ready.  He is my first and usually with the first child, sometimes labor don't occur until after the due date.  My body wasn't ready to have him and I feel I was forced into an induction and had no other option but have a c-section when I wouldn't dilate.  The next time around, I want a VBAC.  I feel that there should be enough space in between the birth of my son and the birth of my next child (whenever that will be) to lower the risk of uterine rupture.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic