Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural birth or epidural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Allure. Allure. wrote:

That's really not the case for everyone Bunny.
True, it also depends on age, activtity &  aftercare.  my brothers baby mama had a c section & she looks horrible!! she is 10 yrs younger than me but looks 20yrs older, very ha rd & out of shapeDead

Yikes
Sponsored Links

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:08pm
I had twins I needed that epidural. One of my sons had to be vacumed and even with the epidural that felt like I was going to die. I could only imagine the horror of natural birth.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:21pm
ya'll do realize that they let the baby tear you now? I was cut but i couldn't believe they let it rip now.. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

I had twins I needed that epidural. One of my sons had to be vacumed and even with the epidural that felt like I was going to die. I could only imagine the horror of natural birth.

this has scared me to death.  i want 4 children though.  has anyone had more than 3 c sections?  i know that there may be complications after that.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:31pm
Epidural. This isn't phuckin 10,000 years BC.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 2:57pm
doctors these days rush to give c-sections.
less liability for them if something goes wrong.
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

this has scared me to death.  i want 4 children though.  has anyone had more than 3 c sections?  i know that there may be complications after that.
No, I had my twins natural. I refused to let them give me a C-section without attempting a natural birth. I made sure that epidural was planted firmly in my spine first though.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

ya'll do realize that they let the baby tear you now? I was cut but i couldn't believe they let it rip now.. 

Yes I can Ouch  but you heal, it just takes a long time
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:15pm

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i think i want to do a c-section. but im scared man..what my kids hit me with a ball in the stomach while im trying to heal? it hurts already just thinkin about it. Cry but im so over vaginal delievery. i cant do all that pushing stuff. lol

I've never had a vaginal delivery, so I can't say which is better.  But if you are lucky to be eligible for a vaginal delivery, have it! C-sections are serious abdominal surgery and the healing time after that is very long.  When you come home from the hospital and that pain hit you, it's crazy! Plus, it leaves scare tissue and can (kinda) make losing  he weight or extra fat around that section of the stomach harbecause of the surgery.  My son is 2.5 anmyincision still itches sometime.  For our next child, I would like a VBAC, but since a VBAC has risk, a lot of doctors advice against it. But I don't want to be cut open again.

Honestly, I didn't have pain for long. The worse of my pain was during the three days in the hospital, but that was mostly because they waited until the third day to give me a stomach binder. The pain for me mostly came from my insides feeling loose when I moved, even with the morphine drip. All that did was make me drowsy.

But after i left the hospital, and put on a tighter waist binder, I felt so much better. They prescribed me with Percocet, so I took those for the first week home. I was able to get up and move around just fine, carry my baby, and by the second week home I felt normal again, with just a few aches ever so often. My scar is practically already healed, its small and barely noticeable.

Im 3 weeks post partum, and lost my baby weight already...including in the abs. I only gained 25lbs during my pregnancy though. My waist compressor helped a lot, plus breastfeeding also helps with weight loss. I'm still losing and haven't even started my diet lol.

Overall, my healing process wasn't nearly as bad as ppl said it would be, and I'm thankful for that!

Wow! that was a good experience! I had to stop taking the Percocet the second week in after an incident
where I fell asleep trying to nurse my baby.  When I woke up, he was
stuck between the couch cushions upside down fighting to breath.  I
guess I'm really sensitive to pain medication.  After that, I had to
grin and bear it because the Percocet was a little too strong even
though they helped with the pain.  I wasn't successful with breastfeedingCryCryCry

Omg that had to be scary!! I was so worried something like that would happen to me at the hospital. The morphine had me so drugged up and drowsy, I dozed off everytime I nursed my baby. She was drowsy too from my meds. I made them take me off the morphine drip early because my baby and I wouldn't stay awake long enough for her to get full.
thanks for your input about the c-section. i had already talked myself out of it. my kids play too much for me to be trying to recover...for what everyone says is forever. i'm also glad the baby was found in time.Cry. i wasnt successful with breastfeeding neither. i didnt eat and drink as much as i should've been. i was scared to. i had to get stitches after both babies and it made going to the bathroom difficult. heck it hurt just trying to hold my pee...omgosh.CryCry
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

doctors these days rush to give c-sections.
less liability for them if something goes wrong.
yup and use scare tactics to force you into a c-section. Telling you that the baby is in distress and that they baby is having heart dysrhythmias. And the your decelerating. All this stuff that would make a mother freak out. Im having my baby at a jewish hospital because they prefer natural birth to c-sections. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic