Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Natural birth or epidural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

I think I'll do a water birth also but the idea of me sitting in the after birth grosses me out.
Idk how true it is but my old black history professor said in Africa the women have their babies squatting because it's easier for both the mom and the baby. He also said it made the pain more bearable so maybe I'll squat.

Most midwifes do not allow you to deliver the placenta in the pool. It makes draining the pool much more difficult. The placenta is caught in a bucket and disposed of. Some women save theirs. 
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by kimbledawn kimbledawn wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

thx Kimble, did you see the pic?

I did, that's what I was calling beautiful! Scientific studies say that women who have natural birth go through these hormonal changes and that once the baby is born, her body is flooded with hormones and endorphins that make her love and protect her baby. They also say that sometimes epidurals block these hormones. Not saying moms who have epidurals love their kids less...just saying thats what they say.

That's been proven. This was taught in my birthing class as well.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by kimbledawn kimbledawn wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

thx Kimble, did you see the pic?

I did, that's what I was calling beautiful! Scientific studies say that women who have natural birth go through these hormonal changes and that once the baby is born, her body is flooded with hormones and endorphins that make her love and protect her baby. They also say that sometimes epidurals block these hormones. Not saying moms who have epidurals love their kids less...just saying thats what they say.
Embarrassed yeah I have to poof quick cuz of the crazies on bhm, she was 5 minutes old there. I remember the contractions hitting & I was like it's now or never.  Time to push her out cuz once she's out the pain subsides.  So that morning I told my boys they aren't going to school cuz I was in labor.  My husband drove, they were in the back seat.  I gave one good push & her head & shoulders were out.. I told my dh to pull over & take her out the rest of the way.  He looked down & was likeShockedConfusedShocked.  He pulled her out, placed her on my chest, then drove the rest of the way to the hospital.  My boys were in the back likeConfusedClapGeek

I held her close & was relieved to hear her cry. All that gook on her & I didn't wanna suck stuff out of her nose old school style if she had a problem breathing.  Thank goodness all was wellCry
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:34pm
I'll admit, my 1st was with an epidural & I did not feel close to him immediately due to fatigue & exhaustion.  He was born around 5pm & it wasn't until around midnight when I woke up & WANTED MY BABY NOW!!! I was crying for him walking to the nurses station half dressed.  They wheeled him to my room & we finally bonded like nobody's business.  He will always be my sugarpuss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:42pm
Aww Bunnyahh, that was beautiful!!Heart
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Aww Bunnyahh, that was beautiful!!Heart
thx.Embarrassed  I always feel bad for the ladies that don't have good pregnancy & labor experiences. It can be quite rewarding if all goes well.  Smile
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 8:09pm
I was gonna get the epidural and do vaginal delivery, but ended up getting a c section last minute. Thank God I did, my baby was over 10lbs and her head was huge, my vagina would've been shredded to pieces
Gumdrop92 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumdrop92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 8:29pm
I want to go natural, but we'll see how that goes.
Occasionally, I watch itsjudylife (daily vlogger) on yt and they're organic only/natural everything. When she went into labor,  she wasn't having contractions for too long before she asked for that epidural LOL

And I love the option of water births, but I'm really weird about the temp of my water. Also, I never take baths because I hate the thought of possibly sitting in dirty water. I probably won't even think about that once I see the baby though...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:25pm
My bf had 2 natural births. She had her son in the morning and said was ready to sign out and go home that afternoon.LOL

If I have kids I hope to give it shot but who knows.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Most midwifes do not allow you to deliver the placenta in the pool. It makes draining the pool much more difficult. The placenta is caught in a bucket and disposed of. Some women save theirs. 

..& some women eat theirsDead
I remember that thread.
Gross.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair