BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natural birth or epidural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lolliren View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lolliren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:29pm
When did you get back? ^
Sponsored Links

Bekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:49pm
I wanted to go natural with my daughter but I kept an open mind.. 
I ended up with an epidural anyway after hours of labor because they gave me pitocin to speed it up which made contractions 10X WORSE and then they decided I needed a c-section. Luckily I was able to talk them out of the c-section and deliver naturally. They try and pressure everyone into one. Don't believe the hype!
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 4:56pm
I had all plans to go natural but got an epidural and it was the worst decision of my entire labor and delivery

They had me on a constant drip and i'm sure I received 5x as much as I should. I couldn't even feel the urge to push which I've been told everyone does at least. I slept during the entire thing. Falling asleep in between pushing. I looked just like a narcoleptic. It was horrible
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Natural 

No children yet, but I've been researching this topic for some time, and have come to the conclusion that I want an at home natural water birth when I start having children. 

This right here. I heard and read and interviewed many women and warm water GREATLY reduces the pain of labor. Natural birth in general is more manageable than an augmented birth.

The way I see it, I am not sick I am having a baby. Four years ago I started a thread on
"The Business of Being Born."
That changed everything and took away my fear about giving birth. It's a BEAUTIFUL thing to behold a child coming into this world. I would greatly encourage you all to watch (at home) natural births on youtube. HUGE difference from most hospital births where women have no power and are told what to do.

Ob's are surgeons, I still don't understand why surgeons are delivering babies as opposed to midwives.

I would highly recommend the book;
Ina May Gaskin's guide to childbirth--whether you have a natural birth or not, this covers EVERYTHING!!!!!
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ina-mays-guide-to-childbirth-ina-may-gaskin/1100619144?ean=9780553381153
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I had all plans to go natural but got an epidural and it was the worst decision of my entire labor and delivery

They had me on a constant drip and i'm sure I received 5x as much as I should. I couldn't even feel the urge to push which I've been told everyone does at least. I slept during the entire thing. Falling asleep in between pushing. I looked just like a narcoleptic. It was horrible

That sounds good to me.
I don't wanna feel sh*t.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:12pm
The idea of a home birth sounds noble and empowering but i don't think i'm brave enough.

eta: Hi Lolli.  

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 16 2012 at 5:13pm
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:24pm
I now live in a country (The Netherlands) where giving birth at home and NATURAL is the norm!
I just about flipped out when I heard that but I have neeever had the desire to be a mother really ... so not my problem.

However, I have a lot of Black American girlfriends here that married Dutch guys and they all gave birth in the home (except for the ones that were older or had specials circumstances) and everything turned out just fine! They bounced right back like it was nothing - so I do believe it's better for mother and child. 

They have a whole 'system' here where someone comes to your home (like a midwife) to prepare you for the birth in advance for X months ... does the birth and ... does the aftercare every day for about 2 weeks! I think it is really incredible so I am not so much against home births etc (for OTHER PEOPLE though .. because I could never do this.) 
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

adoption

This.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:26pm
Epidurals with both.

Looking back, I would have gone the natural route with the 1st but not the 2nd.

Epi slows down the labor part dramatically.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 5:29pm
Natural. I've heard horror stories of epidurals going wrong, and then sometimes with epidurals you go so numb you can't feel when to push. I'm trying to pop the baby out and get on with my life.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic