BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNape Issues...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Hair ViVi

Author
MsMaya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nape Issues...
    Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 3:51pm
Blueliner is just not working for me anymore. The tape just sticks to my neck but not the lace Cry The tape that I apply directly to my lace ends up sticking to my neck too. What am I doing wrong?

Do yall think I need to try a liquid adhesives?

All suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links

Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 3:53pm
I use Proflex no shine on my nape ... never a problem.Star Try it!
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 3:54pm
Are you cleaning the lace well with alcohol before you apply the tape ?  Or, is the tape old and it is not working?  These are just some thoughts that come to mind. Check the tape on another unit. If it is sticking there, then you probably have some residue on the lace.  Then check the tape, probably, if it is sticking to the skin there is nothing wrong with it.
MsMaya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 4:06pm
Thanks Becky I'll have to check out Proflex.

Celie I'm cleaning the lace with alcohol throughly. I'll try using the tape on other unit and see how that works. Thanks for the suggestion.

I use supertape in the front and have no problems. Supertape has never held down my nape so I can't use it as an alternative...

I'm so tempted to get some Ultrahold but I know it's badPinch

sweetcarib View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Celie Celie wrote:

Are you cleaning the lace well with alcohol before you apply the tape ? Or, is the tape old and it is not working? These are just some thoughts that come to mind. Check the tape on another unit. If it is sticking there, then you probably have some residue on the lace. Then check the tape, probably, if it is sticking to the skin there is nothing wrong with it.

This was my first thought. Try a little dawn on the inside of the cap. This is always my last cleaning step. I got that tip from a member a while back.

Also are you letting the lace dry long enough after you clean with alcohol?
Philigrl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 5:45pm
MsMaya,

I switch between tape and adhesives to give myself a break from adhesives. I used proflex and sometimes my hold is still not that great at the nape when used alone. I have some supertape that is giving me like a 4-5 day hold with adhesives. I just bought some vapon no tape and I will try that with either tape as soon as it arrives. I am seriously about to stop using UH because of many reasons but most importantly I think it is throwing off my period. I want to find something less toxic for my body. I have used secure hold and proflex tape for a 1 week hold and I think that is less toxic for me than the UH. I will go back through the threads to research these adhesives again because I am learning that some aren't for me.

Personally I can not hold tape on my nape without an adhesive for more than a day. I would recommend a light coat of adhesive that is safe for you and proflex or supertape if you need to hold for a week.

Edited by Philigrl - Jan 02 2008 at 5:47pm
ladyfox850 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 6:43pm
I always use one strip of blue liner tap in the middle of the nape area---but I also always use Vapon No Tape. I never have a problem with the nape since learning about that combo

Edited by ladyfox850 - Jan 02 2008 at 6:43pm
MDFLDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Philigrl Philigrl wrote:

MsMaya,

I switch between tape and adhesives to give myself a break from adhesives. I used proflex and sometimes my hold is still not that great at the nape when used alone. I have some supertape that is giving me like a 4-5 day hold with adhesives. I just bought some vapon no tape and I will try that with either tape as soon as it arrives. I am seriously about to stop using UH because of many reasons but most importantly I think it is throwing off my period. I want to find something less toxic for my body. I have used secure hold and proflex tape for a 1 week hold and I think that is less toxic for me than the UH. I will go back through the threads to research these adhesives again because I am learning that some aren't for me.

Personally I can not hold tape on my nape without an adhesive for more than a day. I would recommend a light coat of adhesive that is safe for you and proflex or supertape if you need to hold for a week.

girl, if that was happening to me with UH i would run like the roadrunner from that stuff.  UH has toulene in it and many ladies, such as myself, can't use that stuff.  i causes me to have really bad headaches when i use it, with or without tapes or other adhesives.

i got several recommendations from the ladies here on using Proflex no shine and Supertape with my current favorite adhesive, Vapon No Tape.  so far the hold is really strong.  i applied on Monday and its still grabbing for dear life back there.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 6:56pm
gurl i brush on a little MR.s C's to the tape and stick it to the lace, and pin it to the wig head and then after it dries it STICKS! i use supertape too.

Edited by sexibeach - Jan 02 2008 at 6:56pm
chocolateDiva1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 7:04pm
Sexi,

I also use secure and the tape and it stays for me. Where can I find Mr C. I have heard about it but never found it wholesale. Thanks in advance.
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic