FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My Tips for a Perfect Rollerset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 45>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLuxurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2006 at 12:19am
I've never done it, but i'm sure you could. Just be sure not to add too much product as you don't want your hair to be too heavy or oily.
Sponsored Links

jlmami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlmami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2006 at 11:16am
Thanks for the replies Kristie and MissLuxurious...I will definitely try your tips as soon as I take me braids out??
MissFallon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissFallon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:05pm
Has anyone trid caruso rollers?
kristie21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:34pm

Your welcome Jlmami! I even did the rollers again lastnight and they came out perfect and in record time.

2bBsL: Like Miss Luxurious, I sometimes flatiron my roots but thats when I'm around 8-12 weeks post relaxer. Before that, I put a little NTM smooth serum on the roots and use this special 2-sided bush to stretch the hair as I blowdry them with a concentrated nozzle. I found the brush in CVS. I will try and get a pic for you. I'm always tring to find new ways to keep the roots straight and this is what seems to be working at the moment. I hope this helps.
kristie21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:38pm
MissFallon I've never used the caruso steam rollers but when I did a quick search of the forums, a coulpe of topics came up that might be helpful to you.
Priestess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priestess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by MissFallon MissFallon wrote:

Has anyone trid caruso rollers?

Every now and then I use these.  My Caruso tips are:

Use end papers.

A good serum can help keep frizz at bay.

Leave the roller on the steamer for about 5 seconds, so the rollers don't get too wet. 

There are a lot of threads about it on LHCF.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLuxurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 6:40am
Originally posted by kristie21 kristie21 wrote:

Your welcome Jlmami! I even did the rollers again lastnight and they came out perfect and in record time.

2bBsL: Like Miss Luxurious, I sometimes flatiron my roots but thats when I'm around 8-12 weeks post relaxer. Before that, I put a little NTM smooth serum on the roots and use this special 2-sided bush to stretch the hair as I blowdry them with a concentrated nozzle. I found the brush in CVS. I will try and get a pic for you. I'm always tring to find new ways to keep the roots straight and this is what seems to be working at the moment. I hope this helps.

Krisite, I would love to see what the brush looks like. It sounds a bit like a vent brush.
kristie21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 9:22am

Here is the brush that I use. Its so much easier to use than a round brush when I'm doing my own hair. Its allows you to grab and stretch the roots to blow them. Its about $6-$8 dollars which is cheap considering that I bought a round brush for $20 at one pointEmbarrassed. Now I only use the round brush when I'm doing other people's hair.

Get It Straight Straightening Brush
by Conair

Conair Get It Straight Straightening Brush

Edited by kristie21 - May 03 2006 at 9:27am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLuxurious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 1:07pm
I've seen those before. Maybe I'll pick one up next time.

Edited by MissLuxurious - May 03 2006 at 1:08pm
lovelynpink926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelynpink926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 5:16pm
I read that those brushes weren't good for hair and that they but too much stress because of the way they "clamp" down
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 45>
  Share Topic