Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMy Stylist will NOT texlax my hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
curlyhair25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Stylist will NOT texlax my hair!!
    Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 4:42pm
So after being on my hair journey for a while and doing a lot of research and learning to stretch my relaxers, i want  to start texlaxing my hair instead of relaxing it bone straight. When I talked to my hair stylist about it whom I've been going to for a while now she said " You either want to be all natural or you want straight relaxed  hair , you can't have it in between or it will all just break off where the relaxed hair meets the texlaxed hair!!". I've been to  many different hair stylist in my area and  i was not  a fan of any of them so she was the best i could find in my area. I wouldnt trust any of my  friends to do it because they dont really know how and I have so much hair i dont think I can do it myself nor do i feel comfortable doing it myself so i dont know how Im going to start texlaxing if she says she doesnt want to.Confused I don't know what to do..
Sponsored Links

Annie225 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2011 at 9:06pm
Find another stylist.   She is right about the hair breakage, but plenty of people in the natural hair forum have transitioned with their hair relaxed at the ends with success - I did when I went natural.  They've managed and you will too if you become texlaxed.

If you haven't already done so, why don't you read more about the process on this forum or go to youtube to see how it's done.  With a better knowledge of under processing hair you can go to different stylists in your area (they might not be that bad after all) and ask how they texlax.  Based upon their answer you can decide whether to make an appointment with them or not.  Personally I would do it at home with some help because it's not difficult to do if you've ever relaxed your own hair bone straight. 

Just wondering, how do you plan to style your hair if you texlax?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Annie225 Annie225 wrote:

Find another stylist.   She is right about the hair breakage, but plenty of people in the natural hair forum have transitioned with their hair relaxed at the ends with success - I did when I went natural.  They've managed and you will too if you become texlaxed.

If you haven't already done so, why don't you read more about the process on this forum or go to youtube to see how it's done.  With a better knowledge of under processing hair you can go to different stylists in your area (they might not be that bad after all) and ask how they texlax.  Based upon their answer you can decide whether to make an appointment with them or not.  Personally I would do it at home with some help because it's not difficult to do if you've ever relaxed your own hair bone straight. 

Just wondering, how do you plan to style your hair if you texlax?
yea, it looks like i may have to learn to do it myself because anytime i mention texlaxing to a stylist they look at me like im crazy, ive never relaxed my hair before though so idk and being texlaxed i will just continue to wear my hair in ps styles like braid outs, buns, updos like i do anyways.
myoic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2012 at 2:33pm
I accidently telaxed. I am not talented at relaxing hair as the new growth would still be curly. And Ive been using this method for 9 months now. So I think the lack of experience may be helpful. Do your research and you'll be fine!
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2012 at 2:36am
Texlax that sh*t yourself! it is sooo easy to do. I'm to the point where I'd rather chemically do my own hair instead of depending on a stylist to do it. half of these stylists dont know what the they be doing anyway. you will learn just as much as they know being on these hair boards. some stylists dont want to learn new information and all they have is that beauty school knowledge so they not really into doing nothing but the basics.  I used a Just For Me Texture Softener and its so easy to use. if you're not comfortable doing chemicals, practice applying and parting with deep conditioners until you feel more used to it

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 1:27pm

Thanks ladies. I think I will try to start doing it myself. When i got to the stylist as im sitting in the chair i was always think of how  careless they are handling my hair and how I could do a better job  lol. My mom relaxed my hair when i was younger for years and did fine so I was thinking me and her could do it together, not to mention i would save so much money.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 3:22am
Please before you start doing these chemicals yourself, talk to your stylist again. This time do not use the amateur terms you hear from the internet. Professionals do not always like to hear about techniques from non licensed people on YT. Tell her you do not want your hair relaxed as straight as she has previously done. You not longer want bone straight, but you do not want to go natural at this point. And if a stylist is handling your hair rough tell them to be gentle or slow down. Nothing wrong with a reminder that your hair is attached to your scalp, lol. Blessings!!!!!!!!!
RachelRegina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 12:15am
I would do it myself
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 10:22pm
My hair has been heat damaged from a flat iron. The hair is straight in some parts and loose wave in others. Can I texlax to get my hair back to a curly state?
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 10:56pm
try texlaxing yourself--its not that difficult.  I did it for a while, but stopped due to my hair reverting quickly to natural status over time.

Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

My hair has been heat damaged from a flat iron. The hair is straight in some parts and loose wave in others. Can I texlax to get my hair back to a curly state?

Texlax loosens existing curl so no it won't "recurl" your hair.  Try deep conditioning your hair and keep it moisturized to see if some reversion might happen in the the minimal heat damaged areas over time.  Best of luck--severe heat damage is non-reversible pretty much.

Edited by Tbaby - Jun 18 2012 at 10:58pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic