Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My strange addiction...hoax...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:20pm
I do think it's true. When I was younger I used to volunteer to wipe the chalk board just so I could lick the chalk dust.I grew out of chalk and just continued with pixie stixs since it had sugar in it. I also liked the smell of permanent markers. I know it strange but hey.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:24pm
Wonder , this reminds me of that crazy woman on Dr PHil who injected herself with bacteria  that she grows herself, eww --to make herself sick for attention. Here I am washing my hands 100 times a day to avoid catching a germ and wrapping every little cut so it won't get infected; and she's injecting bacteria into her open [unnecessary surgical] wounds and is still alive and kicking.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 13 2014 at 3:25pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I do think it's true. When I was younger I used to volunteer to wipe the chalk board just so I could lick the chalk dust.I grew out of chalk and just continued with pixie stixs since it had sugar in it. I also liked the smell of permanent markers. I know it strange but hey.

see my thing is that its not that i dont think the addictions themselves are fake, i just think that some of those people claiming addictions are not real.  just like im sure their are people out there having sex with their father but i just dont believe the people  when i see them on jerry.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Wonder , this reminds me of that crazy woman on Dr PHil who injected herself with bacteria  that she grows herself, eww --to make herself sick for attention. Here I am washing my hands 100 times a day to avoid catching a germ and wrapping every little cut so it won't get infected; and she's injecting bacteria into her open [unnecessary surgical] wounds and is still alive and kicking.

omg yes, I have a tinge of panic if i've popped a stick of gum after touching a hand rail...she was a bio hazard with adopted black children.  SleepySleepy  i wonder how many times they've been sick through exposure.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

It's not an addiction, but I love the smell of gasoline.

Every time I fill my tank, you'll catch me sniffing the nozzle.

Trust me, people do and enjoy weird sh*t.

i like the smell of gas too…. 
Cool
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

omg yes, I have a tinge of panic if i've popped a stick of gum after touching a hand rail...she was a bio hazard with adopted black children.  SleepySleepy  i wonder how many times they've been sick through exposure.

I felt for those kids. Didn't one of her daughters write the show for help?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

It's not an addiction, but I love the smell of gasoline.

Every time I fill my tank, you'll catch me sniffing the nozzle.

Trust me, people do and enjoy weird sh*t.

i like the smell of gas too…. 
Cool

Me too! Ever since I was a little girl when the gas station attendant filled our gas tank! Hee hee!

I think the show is real ... people like some weriod stuff!!!
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Actually, harming yourself for attention is very common ... it's called - Münchausen syndrome

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Münchausen syndrome is a psychiatric factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves. It is also sometimes known as hospital addiction syndrome, thick chart syndrome, or hospital hopper syndrome. True Münchausen syndrome fits within the subclass of factitious disorder with predominantly physical signs and symptoms, but they also have a history of recurrent hospitalization, travelling, and dramatic, untrue, and extremely improbable tales of their past experiences.[1] There is discussion to reclassify them as somatoform disorders in the DSM-5 as it is unclear whether or not people are conscious of drawing attention to themselves.[2]

Münchausen syndrome is related to Münchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP/MSP), which refers to the abuse of another person, typically a child, in order to seek attention or sympathy for the abuser. It is an obsessive want to create symptoms for the victim in order to obtain repeated medication or even operations
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:25pm
I think people with these weird addictions may have some type of chemical imbalance going on..

ish is just strange
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 4:45pm
the human body is more resilient than tv would have us think
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic