Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My son has been suspended five times. He’s 3.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 12:09pm
I'm starting to think that maybe forced segregation wouldn't be such a bad thing
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by NuAttitude NuAttitude wrote:

ErmmThrowing chairs and spitting on other kids at 3????

right. i truly worry about the environments these children are in...

Edited by ModelessDiva - Aug 03 2014 at 3:30pm
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 3:35pm
my brother was so bad and teachers would just put him in time out and tell us what he did

he grew out of it, he doesn't even believe me when i tell him

idk i thought teachers of little children were used to stuff like that
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 4:29pm
What would y'all do if the kid threw a chair at your child? SQ(serious question)
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 4:34pm
I have 2 boys and never have they spat on others, hit a teacher or thrown a chair in preschool.  Her kids are out of control.  Period.  Yes racism exists, and yes our children need more black teachers in schools, but I'm still not going to accept that the behavior her kids are exhibiting is "typical".

I do believe there is a bias against black boys however, and encountered it as well, but not to the extreme of my boys being suspended.  I communicate with their teachers regularly and can filter thru whats BS vs what are legitimate concerns.  Its our jobs as parents to be advocates like she is doing to fight these biases head on.Thumbs Up
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 4:54pm
I have seen plenty of kids under 3 spit, bite, push, and throw things.
It's unacceptable behavior of course, but I would side eye any child care professional who is ill equipped to deal with this type of behavior and work with the parents to address it.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

What would y'all do if the kid threw a chair at your child? SQ(serious question)

I used to work with kids who were elementary aged that did things like that.  they got kicked out of the program if any of us complained enough about it, but no one really wanted to be the one to get these kids kicked out since they had nowhere else to go after school.  Yeah, at that time in my life I fantasized about doing all types of horrible things to kids.  the parents definitely matter...none of the moms wanted to hear bad things about their kids.  they either completely brushed it off or they overreacted.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Aug 03 2014 at 8:20pm
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 8:22pm
This is why more mothers need to stay at home with their children until they reach elementary school age. I realize many can not, but 2 and 3 is a rough time for some of these kids, and nobody will have the patience for your kids that you will. Just MY opinion. I stayed home till my daughter was 4, it was hard losing the income, but the cost of daycare was cut, so we were able to make it work. ijs.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic