Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My sister in law is mad that I won't do her hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My sister in law is mad that I won't do her hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 6:15pm
She can stay mad then lol People are too picky when they want stuff done for free
Sponsored Links

HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 6:22pm
what ever. i know how to braids and do twists too. But i do it over the span of like 4-5 days. If i do it for someone else i'll have to do all that time straight through, hell no. The sam way i learned and practiced you can too. And mofo's want that sh*t for free too! 14-16 hrs constantly moving my hands for FREE!!
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 7:55pm
My friends already know, if you're not willing to learn the skill to do it for me too... don't expect sh*t from me.

One friend STAYS in the kitchen with me helping me bake all the time and she also wanted to learn..So when her bday came around, I made her a 3 tiered cake. I learned to do sew-ins, and she agreed to learn as well. Free hair done for both of us

Another friend refuses to learn or even TRY either one..and so I refuse too.

It's not always tit for tat, but a lazy/stingy friend gets a lazy/stingy friend

I tell people all the time. I don't LIKE doing this stuff, but I'll TEACH you how (lashes etc)
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 8:03pm
i love my SIL...but ive stopped doing her hair. I spend hours on her weaves, braids, cornrows etc only for her to always take them out in less than 2 weeks. Now i send her yt links, she gon' learn  Pinch
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

i love my SIL...but ive stopped doing her hair. I spend hours on her weaves, braids, cornrows etc only for her to always take them out in less than 2 weeks. Now i send her yt links, she gon' learn  Pinch

This would piss me off.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

i hate that sh#t. people who dont know how to take care of the hair and snatch it out in a few weeks. those braids are supposed to last 2 months, bish why your hair out 3 weeks later???? they itched?? WASH THEM! wasting my cotdamn time.

or they wanna pay you at a STEEP discount. like 50 bucks for box braids. Gtfowtbs . they want you to come to them, sit on a uncomfortable chair, dont offer you nothing to eat you have to order food, stay in their tiny house for 10 hrs all for $50? niqqas is bold
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Ive had ppl catch attitude because i want to charge them. I only do my mom and sis hair for free.

If thy ain't conversing currency thy refuses to converse.

word. i am in completeth agreement. doeth thoust the funds f'r mineth timeth and w'rketh? nay? then i can't helpeth thou.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 11:29pm
yeah I was thinking that anyone who would need to pay me, I'm not close enough to WANT TO do their hair lol. Folks that I would do, it's gratis.

Edited by PurplePhase - Aug 05 2014 at 11:29pm
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 1:35am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

lol. just say no.
don't give a reason.

This lol

She'll get over it.

Co-sign.

And if she wants to hold an attitude then she can.  The fact that she was bold enough to say that tells me that doing her hair would result in a migraine for you. 

I only do hair for a couple people that I know. I made the mistake of hooking up a friend's aunt. It was a total nightmare. Now I keep everything under wraps. I almost didn't talk to my grandma for a bit when she let it slip that I did micro-links. Had all my aunts and cousins asking me questions.
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 2:41am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Doing someone's hair is so taxing .

Hair stylists have to have a passion bc that ish is aggravating

Lol, I'm not a professional stylist but I know how to do hair. I actually enjoy doing real hair(washing, dc, relaxing, cutting). I know how to do almost any kind of braids and twists but I don't always feel like it. I charge nothing less than $100....even for kids , braiding is time consuming and tiring. I've had people get mad when I wouldn't do it for free for the simple fact that I "knew how" . One of my sister's associates got mad because I wouldn't keep her daughter's hair up(braids for free), but she herself keeps a fresh $300 plus sew in at all times. No bish, no.

Edited by aNgElIc*SoUl - Aug 06 2014 at 2:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic