BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My RPG Show Experience...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My RPG Show Experience...
    Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:01pm
So if you know about lace fronts i'm sure you know of or have heard of RPG show. Getting the wig I expected HIIIIIGH quality and for it to last me almost a year with infrequent use...

The wig stinks! and this isn't some slight smell, it nearly stunk up my whole room. 

I thought it was normal because I had never heard anyone complain about a smell before so I figured it was typical to wash the wig once you get it (youtube reviews mainly) so I tried the wig on and cut the lace (I will regret cutting that lace for a long time). 

Long story short - I have washed this wig at least 15 times (I am not exaggerating), I have soaked it in ACV and it still smells. I made a complaint through the rpg show site and they (unapologetically) told me to soak it in lemon juice. I did this and left it to soak all day and it still smelt. 

I complained again but it's as if once you cut the lace they don't give a crap about your problems. The woman just said the smell will go just wait ... I've already had this wig for a month and a half and it shouldn't be smelling in the first place with what it costs. All the washes have (as you can imagine) tired it out a bit (they didn't care). I am now left with a wig that I can't wear out without people thinking I don't wash "my" hair.

This was my first RPG show wig and first lace wig. If anyone can help me with this i'd really appreciate it. I asked if I was meant to dilute the lemon juice or not but she ignored my question Ermm 

P.S The wig I purchased was the Ciara (ombre) wig in medium brown

Edited by MissAnnaMC - Dec 05 2013 at 7:01pm
Sponsored Links

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:17pm
I never had an RPG show wig before but if the wig reeked and did not smell goo why did you cut the lace off in the beginning? You should have immediately contacted them about sending it back and getting you back. Sucks that you are now out of money and can not wear the wig. Next time do not cut the lace until you are fully satisfied with what you have received.
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:09am
I would say check the weave section and type in qhp. Some of those topics should have good advice on getting rid of the smell you are experiencing in your hair
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

I never had an RPG show wig before but if the wig reeked and did not smell goo why did you cut the lace off in the beginning? You should have immediately contacted them about sending it back and getting you back. Sucks that you are now out of money and can not wear the wig. Next time do not cut the lace until you are fully satisfied with what you have received.

I figured i'd be able to wash it out. I thought it might have had something to do with the fact that i'm in London so it may have been packaged for longer than the other wigs and developed a smell from the storage.

I'm not out of money just not happy that I spent £202/ $400+ on this and have to deal with so much crap. Had I known the smell would be so difficult to get rid of I would have returned it but alas...
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hautsdeseine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 8:54pm
Sorry to hear that.
Why dont you try Febreze on it?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 9:25pm
Wow... I almost bought a RPG wig the other day. Glad I didn't follow through. I ended up making my own and it worked out.
DreamWeaver202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DreamWeaver202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:31pm
Theres a video on youtube made by a girl who got some smelly QHP.  She washed/conditioned it with fabric softener and she said it got rid of the smell and made the hair really soft.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:40pm
Thats nasty. I wonder what the smell is from GeekDead? ?

I never had that problem with the 2 units I purchased from RPG Show.

Tangling and shedding galore yes, but stank no.

antish82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antish82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:46pm
Try the fabric softener. I had some really smelly hair from Whitney Marie and I let that sucker sit for about 2 days fabric softener. Now the smell it totally gone. I shouldn't had to soak it at all since they charge AV prices but it's some of the best hair I've purchased. 
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 8:36pm
I just got a wig from them the other day. Not only did my wig smell, they sent me the wrong freaking wig! I had to keep it seeing that I had somewhere to go and didn't have time to wait another 16 days for a unit. I had high expectations as well and was very disappointed. The only thing I can say that's positive is that the holes on the lace are small. Everything else is garbage. Not worth the hype WHATSOEVER.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic