Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My review on the Renew Placenta Soap
    Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 4:54pm
I purchased this soap based on a thread where someone was raving about the benefits of this soap.  Unfortunately she didn't say what brand of the placenta soap and not much description.  Based on some clues left in the thread, I found a seller on eBay that sold it for a reasonable price.  The seller was quick and communication was good.  In the auction, the set I received was one placenta soap with goat milk and 2 bars of the placenta Classic.  The goat milk soap is white and the size is about 5 ounces/135 grams.  The classic placenta soap is orange and also 5 ounces /135 grams.  The classic placenta soap has a fruit smell but nothing overwhelming. 

First let me describe my skin.  It is oily but extremely sensitive .  I can't use Cetaphil because it burns, I am not joking.  When it comes to cold creams to remove makeup, I can't use Ponds and that stuff is supposedly the most gentle makeup remover on the planet.  So I am stuck with using a oil like apricot oil to remove makeup.  To top it off, I am acne prone.  Part of it is hormonal but the rest seems like it is internal.  I tested negative for PCOS twice and I don't have a clue what else I should be tested for.  I tried to get a skin prick test but the resident immunologist explained that it was waste of time and money and basically I don't have any allergies in a sense where if I was exposed to an allergen, I don't experience shortness of breath, swelling, death, etc.  Typical of those who suffer from food allergen.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  When I first used this product, I experienced a burning sensation.  I thought it was normal but I rinsed it off right away.  In the first several days, it seemed to heal my acne.  My face was getting smoother and tighter and it seems like my acne was healing.  Somewhere along the way, either it was my fault for adding something into my routine or this soap was too strong, my face started to get raw and irritated.  No amount of moisture would soothe my face and retain moisture in my face.  The soap burned my face no matter what I did.  I wonder if the pH level is off (for humans, our skin ph should be around 5.5 or something like that).  Anyway I was disappointed.  I had high hopes for this soap and it was too strong.

Now this soap might be the ticket for those who have more resistant skin.  This stuff will help speed up the healing process of acne and help lighten and tighten the skin.  But for me, I feel that it is too strong for my face.  According the ingredients, it looks pretty benign:
high grade coconut oil, glycerin, sodium cocoate, sodium palmitate, cocodiethanolamide, placenta extra

Based on the ingredients, it has coconut oil, glycerine, soap made from coco butter, soap made from palm oil, some form of cocoa butter with ethanol and some kind amino acid? and a plant placenta.  Maybe I should test the pH levels and see where it is.

Unless someone can tell me tha Psalms'tre (makers of Renew and Psalms'tre placenta soap line) is not the best and I should have went with another brand, let me know.  I would use the rest of the soap as a body soap and try to even out my skin tone on my body. 

That is my review and I welcome a civil discussions, comments, opinion, etc. 
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2009 at 8:30am
Correction: Sodium cocoate is from coconut oil, not cocoa butter.  
RenGib123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2009 at 6:00pm
well i was doing some research and i decided against Renew because it seemed to be a knock off, because the all phillipine products are by New (not renew).  all the phillipine celebrity endorsers, including miss earth 2009 endorse New products.  take a look;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYKn54wCNio
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 9:24am
Thanks for the info.  
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 1:07pm
i just got the psalmstre soap with goats milk and i used it for the first time last night and my skin has not felt so clean in a LONG time. i'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but i can't but be really impressed. i will give it a week and see if there's a serious difference in skin health.
ElectricLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 8:52pm
I think the person you're referring to is me! Anyways yeah, I couldn't give detail on brand for the simple fact that my soap literally had no brand! I highly doubt it was renew, though. Renew is so light colored..

I think the soap I got was sent from the Phillipines. My mom said the ladies at her job stated so. Either imported or homemade.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 2:42am
Electric you gotta take a pic of your soap when you get it, girl
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic