Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedMy relationship...I dont know what to do...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
xtrushorty54x View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Originally posted by xtrushorty54x xtrushorty54x wrote:

We do have children, Her faher is different but he has been there since the day she has been born and we jusr had another child...and now we are fighting abot that. Beacuse he treays his son better than my daighter.

Not good! There must have been resentment from long time ago for someone to shut down on a child. It is almost like his love was temporary/conditional for your daughter. There is nothing that can justify him acting that way. In what way does he treat your son better than your daughter?

It has to do more with the attention. He's playing that favoritism thing.
Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by xtrushorty54x xtrushorty54x wrote:

Originally posted by candies candies wrote:

Firstly, he has no obligation to your daughter.  If he was married to you, that would make him your daughter's step father and then he would have some sort of obligation to her but now he's your son's father and your boyfriend.  That's as far as it goes relationship wise.

Maybe you should focus on getting your daughter's father involved in her life so she won't seem left out.

At this point, his relationship with your daughter is up to him and it's not something he has to get on board with because at the end of the day she's not his child, step-child, adopted child or else.

And I realize this, but it is extremley upsetting to me to see her get left out in a sense. He has been there since she was born, and always treated her like his own and now that my son is here, it just changed up...its like 99% percent of the attention is to my son and she gets the other 1% percent. It's like "my son this my son that" and Im like hey there's two kids not just one.Confused I mean im fortunate to have someone who is actually taking care of his child but there are two kids and were in this relationship together. I was always told when you pick someone and they have baggage you have to take all that too.

As upset as you are, you still must realize that your bf still has a stronger emotional attachment to his own blood--his son.  You can take an honest look at your relationship and decide to go to counseling to strengthen it or do nothing and watch your argueing continue to tear you apart.

I think you said you were only 20 and in school right now.  You've got so much stuff going on and being a single mom of 2 babies just adds to your stress.  Its time for you to make some hard decisions about your family and your self.  What do you want?  Marriage?  If so... to him?  What does he want to do?  Is he helping in supporting you and your son financially?  Just based on the little info I know, you are at a crossroads now...

I believe you really could use some space as others suggested.  You need some alone time to really think and plan for your future.
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 10:51pm
taking a break doesnt mean you have to break up. Go with what your heart tells you to do then act upon that
H0tg1rl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 11:05pm
wow, is this me talking , just got through going through this, had to cut him loose, it hurts at first but whether you realize it or not he's your poison, thing is me and my-ex broke up on good terms our lives are just taking different directions with our soon-to-be careers as young adults, hopefully one day our paths will cross again
OnYourMind View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Mz.Givemehair Mz.Givemehair wrote:

Originally posted by rinthecutie rinthecutie wrote:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
Oh lawd yes! It absolutely, positively does.

i never really believed that until recently
xtrushorty54x View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 1:28am
Well I have been thinking, and its like it going to be hard to take a break not including emotionally but the fact of the kids. I dont want to seperate the family..I dont want to be involved in all the drama bullish. I just..idk...I considering couseling, but for some reason I dont think it will work cuz the way I think of it, at the end of the day we still have to go home together.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic