Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Nape ! HELP ME!! HELP ME PLEEEAAASEEE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
heeeyximASH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heeeyximASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Nape ! HELP ME!! HELP ME PLEEEAAASEEE
    Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:02pm
let me get right to it MY NAPE .. I don't know what happen or when it happened ..two days ago I dc'd and did all that great hair stuff because I was neglecting my hair a bit. I air dried over night then in the morning I applied everything needed before I flat ironed my hair and there it was ..

I don't understand what went wrong ..this is the first time I ever experienced this...I wear my hair down or in a low ponytail but when its in a low ponytail its NEVER tight . 

ETA; I tried adding a pic 10 times and it won't upload Ouch
finally got it to work so its so big

Edited by heeeyximASH - Jan 04 2014 at 6:07pm
Sponsored Links

prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 9:17pm
It looks like it could be relaxer damage or breakage from 2 textures (stretching). try nexxus emergencee to stop the breakage and prevent further damage. Follow that with a moisturizing dc. Good luck :)
PrettyEyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:17pm
Is there a small bald spot? You will really have to baby that area. Massaging it, use some castor oil and DC regularly. But you do need to find the cause of the problem.
hair_dummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_dummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:28am
Perhaps something is rubbing in that area. Is your nape completely covered with a scarf at night? If not the friction from your pillow case might be breaking the hair off while you sleep.
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:46am
Are you relaxed or natural?

I had this problem but didn't spot it until it was horribly broken off and looked like I shaved the back of my hair. I was careful with it but it still broke off, it wasn't until I went natural that I saw the difference in textures and curl patterns.

(I'm not gonna tell you to go natural lol)

I'm just saying, my curl pattern at my nape is a lot looser and finer than the rest, I'm a 4c in the front and a 4b/4a towards the back. This may be your situation but ofc it's hard to tell when your hair is straight but the same rules apply. What worked for me is doing less to the nape and giving it a bit more protein than the rest. This should work, also apply your relaxers to the back last (if you're relaxed).

Hope this helps =] x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heeeyximASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by PrettyEyes PrettyEyes wrote:

Is there a small bald spot? You will really have to baby that area. Massaging it, use some castor oil and DC regularly. But you do need to find the cause of the problem.

Nope, no bald spot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heeeyximASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by MissAnnaMC MissAnnaMC wrote:

Are you relaxed or natural?

I had this problem but didn't spot it until it was horribly broken off and looked like I shaved the back of my hair. I was careful with it but it still broke off, it wasn't until I went natural that I saw the difference in textures and curl patterns.

(I'm not gonna tell you to go natural lol)

I'm just saying, my curl pattern at my nape is a lot looser and finer than the rest, I'm a 4c in the front and a 4b/4a towards the back. This may be your situation but ofc it's hard to tell when your hair is straight but the same rules apply. What worked for me is doing less to the nape and giving it a bit more protein than the rest. This should work, also apply your relaxers to the back last (if you're relaxed).

Hope this helps =] x

I'm relaxed and I always start my relaxers in the middle where my hair is the kinkiest. I thought about going natural ..but my hair has 3 different textures.
Avoniee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avoniee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 5:17pm
is that the spot where you put your low pony?
ilong2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilong2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 10:22pm
Scarves??!!  Do you wear (fashionable) scarves for extended periods around your neck? 

Scarves give free unwanted "hair cuts".  and the popular infinity scarves (aka SNOODS) are your hair's worst nightmare.
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 3:45pm
i'm confused...Confused
your hair broke off right there? are you rough with that area? is it badly damaged? hair usually doesn't randomly break off lol had you been noticing a lot of long broken hairs that you could have mistaken for shed hairs? do you think you accidentally burned your hair off right there with the flat iron? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style