Perfect Hair Collection

My man doesn't want me to work..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My man doesn't want me to work..
    Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 12:05am
*Sighs I type a long version and it didn't post. Short version: my man has a great job, but it requires him to travel 85% of the time. Today he told me I should stop working and just travel with him. I do work, but he pays all the bills, so I save my money and the money that he gives me. I wouldn't mind not working, but my account needs some more stacks in it for me to feel comfortable...ya heard me. :) Then also, I tired of always thinking of the what ifs and just want to live in the now. I always, like most of us gals, wanted a man that can take care of me and home..but I don't know what to do. He keeps telling me to really think about it. 

input please...
Sponsored Links

missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 12:10am
Sounds like you'd be more comfortable saving up some before going with him.
Which would be smart regardless because then you have a nest egg (that is, if you don't already).

Personally I wouldn't want to give up my career because I enjoy it and find it fulfilling but whatever will ultimately make you happy.
Traveling could be an awesome experience, and you could always go back if you're unhappy with anything.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 12:12am
It's not a "career career", but it's a job I don't mind doing, especially since working is more enjoyable since I don't pay any bills lol.  OT: is that you?
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 12:35am
i think you need to set up a necessary set of security nets. 
are you guys planning on getting married anytime soon? is common law recognized in your state? 

you sound like you're okay with leaving your job, is there something that you can do part-time to make extra money? or maybe even free-lancing?

a trial run should be in the works. 

personally, i wouldn't do it if i were not married and didn't have the legal protection. 

whatever you choose, have fun. 
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 6:22am
Girl go...have a fun and travel the world with him. What is the worst that can happen? You two break up and you have to go back to the 9-5? Okay...enjoy the moment. Doooooo ittttt! 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 7:24am
No we aren't no where near close to being married. And he isn't traveling the world yet, just within the US. I can fly out to see him and spend a few days, but he just doesn't want me to work. Yes, there are things I can do on the side. I actually have a lil side hustle of things I do BEFORE I met him. He keeps telling me if I don't work, I can really focus on that. It doesn't bring in any real revenue though...at least not yet. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 12:51pm
If I would do something like that - quit my sh*tty job because a guy wants me to - I would be smart and have plenty of money saved (maybe 20k+) just in case we break up and he leaves me stranded in the middle of nowhere. Especially because I would have to find a new apt, a new job and all those things take time, therefore, more money spent.

Sure, it sounds like a lot of fun, but you have to be careful. Do you know what he does for a living?
How long have you been dating him?
After I watched a show about a woman who was tricked by this guy into taking drugs to Cuba who ended up in prison there for six years, I would be wary of a guy that travels a lot but I dunno what's his business. You sure he's not a criminal?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

If I would do something like that - quit my sh*tty job because a guy wants me to - I would be smart and have plenty of money saved (maybe 20k+) just in case we break up and he leaves me stranded in the middle of nowhere. Especially because I would have to find a new apt, a new job and all those things take time, therefore, more money spent.

Sure, it sounds like a lot of fun, but you have to be careful. Do you know what he does for a living?
How long have you been dating him?
After I watched a show about a woman who was tricked by this guy into taking drugs to Cuba who ended up in prison there for six years, I would be wary of a guy that travels a lot but I dunno what's his business. You sure he's not a criminal?

NO ma'am, he is not a criminal. I'on mess with those.  He is a legit professional man. Trust me on that lol. Though I know he's not the type to leave me stranded, you really never know. But I just want to do something I've never had the chance to do before. Thanks yall for the input, I will have to think long and hard, but right now I'm leaning more on the NO than yes... 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 2:23pm
I wouldn't quit my job (regardless of how non-career it is) until I got married if I were you. 

Girlfriends don't qualify for spousal support.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 4:05pm
im sure im no help but do you know i would drop EVERYTHING so that i can go travel!! LOL.  i understand your concern, but like someone posted earlier the worst that can happen is that you'd break up and go back to work. lol (in case of a break up make sure you can buy a flight back) but how many get the opportunity to just go and have fun?

im not help like i said. im only thinkin for the moment. psst, ask him if you can bring a friend (me) lmaooo

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic