Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

My little secret is...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>

Bootiful Cream

Author
bbthamd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbthamd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

My my my, how things have changed LOL

Update 9/23/2312

Hi, I'm: Niké

I love: Coconut Oil, Flaxseed gel

My Splurge is: Terressentials Mud Wash

My Cheap Fix is: Apple Cider Vinegar rinse, Crisco, Castor Oil

I don't get why ladies love: Shea moisture smoothie

My little Secret is: Finger's only. Adding demulcents like Marshmallow root or fenugreek to products and treatments to make them more slippery and conditioning

I want to try: Banana Mask

Where do you get your marshmallow root/fenugreek and how do you use it?
Sponsored Links

Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 9:15am
Originally posted by bbthamd bbthamd wrote:

Where do you get your marshmallow root/fenugreek and how do you use it?

You can find marshmallow root or tea at health food stores

I happen to get the powder from an Indian grocery store out here

You can find fenugreek (methi seeds or powder) at any Indian/Asian grocery. it's food
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2012 at 2:49pm
Hi, I'm: Marisol

I love: Tresemme Naturals conditioner and Apple Cider vinegar!

My Splurge is: Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk

My Cheap Fix is: V05 Shea Cashmere Conditioner for when I am running low on Tresemme

I don't get why ladies love: Anything Miss Jessie's. 20 somethin dollas for petroleum? nuh-uh.

My little Secret is: ACV rinse BEFORE every conditoner wash. Detangles hair as if it were butter!

I want to try: Terrensentials mud wash
jessicag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 7:10pm
Hi, I'm:  Jessica
I love:  Wash & go's and Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo & deep conditioning with Moisture Plus Conditioner mixed with honey & coconut oil
My Splurge is:  None... I'm extremely frugal with my money :-)
My Cheap Fix is:  Mixing the honey & coconut oil in my deep conditioner...  And use the same honey for my daily tea that I drink (I try to use my resources to the fullest. LOL)
I don't get why ladies love:  "All-natural" hair products and products like Miss Jessie's which are extremely expensive...  This leads into my little secret...
My little Secret is: Blue Magic hair grease and water!  I would use Vaseline and water like my mother used when I was a child, but Blue Magic is actually cheaper than Vaseline.  LOL!  I originally tried every all-natural product when I went natural, but quickly found that those products did not work for me.  So, I went back to the basics because I remember as a child my mother only used Vaseline and water on my hair and I had hair down to waist.
I want to try: Curlformers, but don't have the patience because my hair is extremely thick!  I may have to pay someone to put them in for me for that reason.  LOL!
RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedAdmiral101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 11:27am
Hi, I'm: vannesa marie
I love:stretched/stretching my hair,stretched braid outs
My Splurge is:butterfly asscesories,conditioners
My Cheap Fix is:crisco!!!! Been on the stuff for almost 3 years
I don't get why ladies love:expensive hair products
My little Secret is:crisco mixed
with a conditioner a leave in

I want to try-kinky curly knot today just once,probably won't buy again but I just want to...yeah :)

i
I want to try

Edited by RedAdmiral101 - Oct 12 2012 at 11:31am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2012 at 12:14pm
Hi, I'm: Nars

I love: Shea Moisture Shampoos (the ones without tea tree)

My Splurge is:Nothing as of now since I am using up my stash

My Cheap Fix is: Hask Henna & Placenta

I don't get why ladies love: Nothing really since everyone's hair responds to different things.

My little Secret is: I have been using Liv Hairdressing cream to seal my ends.  And some of my hair products contains silicones and I love it.

I want to try: NuNaat Hair Straightening system, Strawllers.

Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 4:58pm

Hi, I'm: Lightangel

I love: Keracare products

My Splurge is: RHO afro kinky curly hair for my weaves

My Cheap Fix is: S-curl no drip and Tresemmé Natural conditioner & water mix spritz

I don't get why ladies love: dunno… my hair is unpredictable, I’ve tons of half full bottles under the sink, specially conditioners and leave ins, they work for some time and then they stop working, I cycle most of my conditioners and leave ins

My little Secret is: Aphogee two steps

I want to try: Nothing for now, my current regimen is working … I’m a PJ in recovery. Please ladies don’t tempt me with amazing products reviews Smile
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:08pm
Hi, I'm: Dijah

I love: Coconut Oil, Hawaiian Silky 14-1, ApHogee 2 Step (really helped with the breakage and heat damage I was having), & Aussie Moist for them rough days!

My Splurge is: CurlKit (for 2013) & Jane Carter Solution Products! LOVE LOVE LOVE the latter!

My Cheap Fix is: Fantasia IC gel to slick down for an easy bun.

I don't get why ladies love: Ms. Jessies. Ewlk, ewlk, ewlk on my hair. Biggest waste of $$

My little Secret is: Deep condition as often as possible (once a week!) and switch up your products every time. I go between La Bomba, Nexxus Humectress, Kera Care, ORS Mayo and ORS Replenishing packs.

I want to try: Hair color! But I know that will come with it's own set of shenaBrothans
cicisweetie120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicisweetie120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:41pm
Hi, I'm: CiCiSweetieBig smile
I love: luks (dominican) deep conditionerHeart
My Splurge is: nothing b/c my man owns a beauty supplyWink
My Cheap Fix is: homemade protein treatments such as the egg yolk oneHeart
I don't get why ladies love: the seran wrap joint i gta try it one dayHeart oh and talia waheed products on curly natural hair EEK! talk about dry and rough!!
My little Secret is: nothingBroken Heart 
I want to try: Argan Oil and castor jamaican oilHeart

Edited by cicisweetie120 - Jan 09 2013 at 5:45pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:09pm

Hi, I'm:Ritle
I love: Touching my hair, lol.
The Herbal Essence conditioners(Hello Hydration is my favorite, it quenches the thirst) but I have a bottle of TRESèmme that I brought with me from vacation and I love it(unfortunately I'm running out and they don't sell it in the stores here), I love the Olive oil brand replenishing shampoo and the deep conditioner (they are the business for my moisture balance), the IC Fantasia serums(great while wearing my hair curly and also great to refresh/preserve a stretched style, haven't tried them all but they're quite similar i.m.o.),Extra Virgin Olive oil, Eco styler gel(Another thing I brought from overseas,the transparent one, but unfortunately only a teenie bit left and they don't sell that here either(never mind, I just saw a web shop has it now yay!). Great for that extra polished look, a little goes a long way).
Oh and I love the diffuser for those moments when air drying just isn't possible.
My Splurge is:Conditioners!I have enough of those at the moment though.
My Cheap Fix is: Water+conditioner spritz mix sealed with an oil.
I don't get why ladies love: /
My little Secret is:

Since I'm back on track after my setback...
Still keeping it simple but without any negligence what so ever.
Wearing my hair curly: Not washing out the conditioner(unless it's of the flaky kind)but that's not really a secret now is it? lol
And I wash in two sections now, simple and tangle free.

Wearing my hair semi-straight: Satin hair hood dryer(should also go on my "I love" list but I type too much , it's also perfect for deep conditioning), only have to sit under it for about an hour on warm setting and a few minutes on cool setting with a wet roller set using snap-on magnetic rollers, after that I only have to pass the flat-iron once on a small section of hair. Less heat, less time, loving it.
I want to try:Apple cider vinegar and grape seed oil.A new color for my hair. Oh and those clay hair masks. Hair vitamins.
Ok I've typed enough, but I had some catching up to do.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic