FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 36373839>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2016 at 7:11pm
So, I made a large purchase of Retin A,  both in Gel 0.1%,  and Cream .05%.   After many months of alternating use,  I find that the Cream works much better than the Gel even though the Gel is a higher %-age than the Cream.  
The Cream gives e a quicker peel.  For me,  just seeing that skin come off lets me know that something is happening.
The Gel spreads easily,  requiring less product use.  I will peel after 3-4 days.  Maybe that's a good thing, but I'm a woman of action.   Peel...Get the dead layer of skin off quickly,  and move on  Wink
Sponsored Links

ReginaGrg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReginaGrg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 1:37am
I was reading through the first part of this thread. So how was your journey with kojic soapa couple of years ago? I'm interested in trying it out as I heard a lot of good things about it. 
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by ReginaGrg ReginaGrg wrote:

I was reading through the first part of this thread. So how was your journey with kojic soapa couple of years ago? I'm interested in trying it out as I heard a lot of good things about it. 

Hi ReginaGrg,  I really love Kojic Acid Soaps and still use it.    It can be drying,  so during the winter months I still use it on my face,  but alternate with African Black Soap and moisturize heavily.
 It's way too cold to use on my body now,  because I'll have to stay unclothe while it does it's thing.   Cali is having a very cold winter,  and I avoid the use of heaters at home.

Good luck, and I hope it does great things for you Beer
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 9:46pm
I just don't understand why my thought process is sometimes so slow to catch up with urgent needs.

It's time to dig out the Humidifier !!!Lamp  Hug
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2016 at 10:29pm
Found an exfoliating paste I made a few weeks ago which consist of Coconut Oil and Baking Soda.   It is very gentle and very moisturizing.   Because of the pH of Baking Soda it's important to restore the skin's pH.   I always apply a mixture of AVG and Tea Tree Oil,  or use my Toner of ACV and Rose water after washing my face.
I love this exfoliator,  but have not been using it much lately because the cooler temperature made it too solid (CO),  which was inconvenient.   It softened a bit because I set it on the window sill in the sun prior to use. 

Hug
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2016 at 6:37pm
Did a 30% Lactic Acid peel today. 
 I realized it's been a year, or close to it since I've done one.Ermm
loveroflife101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveroflife101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2016 at 12:39pm
I made a Lactic acid lotion and lip balm today. The lotion has a 20% lactic acid percentage and the lip balm 5%. I apply the lotion by showering, wearing my robe and waiting until my pores close and then applying the lotion. Now, the reason why I choose to wait a while is, because right after the shower my pores are wide open and since the percentage is quite high, I can imagine it will burn like hell. Now, how long I wait depends, I try to wait at-least 10-15 minutes. The only place it stings a bit is on my face and neck, but I expected that. 

The lip balm is quite mild and I might increase the percentage or use weekly peels. I have hyperpigmentation on my lips, I have a few random dark dots on my lower lip, no idea where those came from. They aren't very noticeable, but my lipstick doesn't get on that smooth in color, because of it

I'll let you guys know how it goes
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2016 at 9:40pm
loveroflife101.  Hi.  I've not heard of an LA Lip Balm.   Sounds interesting.   Would you mind sharing the recipe.

Thanks Cool
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2016 at 7:35pm
Made a 15% Vit-C Serum with MSM today. 
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2016 at 11:49pm
Women doing facial shaving QuestionEmbarrassed
I may need to try this.  I noticed in 10x side of my mirror,  that my 'peach fuzz' is getting longer.  Whatever I am putting on my face is also nourishing the 'fuzz'.  This will definitely affect the proper application of my make-up, and the proper absorption of moisturizer and serumErmm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 36373839>
  Share Topic