BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 4:05pm
Always anxious to see my face peel.
Finally my forehead is peeling.
Seems like my skin responds better to Gel than Cream RA.
Keeping it well moisturized   
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 5:32pm
Spending most of the day out in the elements even though I wore a hat and long sleeves I just had to come home and shower with KS soap leaving it on for 20 mins.
I believe in taking care of it straight away rather than having this tan build up again.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 3:58pm
It appears I am just doing maintenance now, and hoping those pesky problem areas improve with time.

Vit C during the daytime, and Retin A at night.

I recently purchased a Time Release Retinol System to use in addition with the Retin A at night.

Started last night, and so far it does not seem to be too much Retinol, but I cannot be sure until a few days have passed, to see what the accumulative effects are.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 10:11pm
Decided not to push the envelope, so tonight I just used Retinol XR.
The system is complete with Serum, Eye Cream and Face Cream.

Will use it again tomorrow along with Retin-A gel.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 6:48pm
So far so good. No extreme peeling, redness or tenderness.

Will use Retin A in addition to the XR tonight.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 9:02pm
I finished my on-hand Nadinola, so I am going to give HQ a break.
Starting this morning I used fresh Lemons on my trouble spots, Elbows, Upper Arms....
It's Vit-C after all and it may take longer to work, but worth a try.
Rubbing a 1/2 lemon for 30-45 mins before shower is painless and natural.

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:53pm
Hey Benni - Great information...

question, I have a mark on my neck and I'm went to the derm. and I'm using the hydro. wipes, which was a new product to me.

have you done any body TCA peels?  I was wondering if I could do a TCA peel on the spot on my neck?

any comments you have will be appreciated.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Hey Benni - Great information...

question, I have a mark on my neck and I'm went to the derm. and I'm using the hydro. wipes, which was a new product to me.

have you done any body TCA peels?  I was wondering if I could do a TCA peel on the spot on my neck?

any comments you have will be appreciated.

Hi Sunshine;   Sorry for the late reply, I have been away.

I happen to have a very sensitive neck so I cannot do much to it

I have never done a TCA peel, but originally was able to use KS soap, and a low %-age of LA on my neck.   Nadinola helped significantly after the exfoliation.

AHA products are great.

If the mark on your neck is the result of scarring, it may take some time for it to completely go away.

Not sure how serious this is for you, but a Laser procedure may be an option.

HTH

Good Luck
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 3:46pm
Thanks, I was watching for your response.  First I want to tell your posting are quite great for me, I think you are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you sharing your journey. 

Second, I went to the derma. she gave me a fade cream pad wipe that I am supposed to use on the area two times a day. But I don't think that is enough. I am going to add your steps to my routine. 

You recommended -  but originally was able to use KS soap, and a low %-age of LA on my neck.   Nadinola helped significantly after the exfoliation.

Can you recommend a specific KS soap, I want to make sure I buy the exact one you are referring to.
I also have a low LA from MUAC.

Also Nadinola...where specifically did you purchase this item, I know their are so many "fake" products on amazon and you have to be careful to buy the right items even if the name is the same.

Sunshine
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 6:10pm
Hi sunshine321511

I wanted to ask what caused the mark on your neck.   I know it is a very visible area, and we are very conscious of it.

(1) I purchased Lactic Acid from Lotion Crafter. It was a 40 ounce container of 90% Lactic Acid (cost about $25).   I have been using it since Oct '13 for peels and DIY-ing LA lotion, and still have some left.
I can dilute the 90% to whatever %-age I need by diluting with water.
So, it is very cost effective.

There is an online Batch Calculator that will help you DIY most homemade mixtures.

(2) I purchased 2 types of Kojic Acid soaps originally.

I got Kojie San "Dream White" for my face because it was milder. This is a cream colored soap.

Kojie San "skin Lightening" soap for my body, which is an orange colored soap.

When I first started I left these soaps on for quite some time before rinsing.

Now that I am more exfoliated, they are left on for a lesser time, and I use them less often.

This is all discretionary depending on your own skins tolerance.

My original purchase of the soaps was from (I think) 'Pacific Ave' seller on Amazon, and recently I got from a seller in the Philippines and they are both authentic.

I hope this understandable, if not, I will be happy to give further info.

Edited by Benni - Aug 03 2014 at 6:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>