BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 32>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 3:05pm
I have read up on RA/HQ before using.
This weekend will be 1-month since starting RA. I avoid applying onto the periorbital area because supposedly it 'ages' that area for quite some time before clearing up. Instead, I apply Nadinola around my eyes, and as expected some of the RA will obviously get mixed in with it. This morning I observed my face from a distance, and noticed a distinct reverse Racoon Eyes, along with minor peeling.
Some of my 'research' advised using RA on its own prior to introducing HQ, but that accidental mixture on my periorbital area with Nadinola which has 3% HQ and RA, show otherwise. My peri orbitals are much lighter than the rest of my face
Conclusion.... RA on its own may not be working for me, but mixed with Nadinola or HQ combination may be more effective.
I will complete this week of RA, then lay off for a few days to prepare for a face peel with LA, and follow with RA/HQ or Nadinola for the next month.

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:37pm
Did my LA peel this pm. Tolerated 40% on my body for 3-minutes, 45-50% on my feet for 10 minutes. Applied Oil mixture afterward.
Strangely, maybe because I did not pay attention in the past, but when I rinsed with Baking Soda, I flowed with a brown tinge. I showered prior to the peel, so I know it was not dirt or oils from my skin.

Another thing I noticed this week is that I can use RA on my neck, but only 2-3x/week, not nightly

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:40pm
Made a Vit-C/MSM Serum today, pH 2.0. Last one lasted 1-month and remained pH 2.0-2.5
Continuing my regimen.
Will do Facial peel on Tuesday

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 7:41pm
So I kept KS soap on for approx 2 1/2 mins (have not done that in quite a while). This rinsed out really brown. I am surprised that dead skin cells does not wash off enough with daily showering.   KS soap does leave my skin lighter, but I also know it will tone down in a few days.   I guess KS is just much stronger than the other 'exfoliating' soaps I have been using.
Time to re-stock on KS and forget the other wannabes

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 9:31pm
So I'm a little apprehensive about doing LA peel on my face tomorrow. I know I am to allow 4 days between RA and LA peel, but to be on the safe side I allowed 5-days.    Instead of finishing my last week of RA, I figured why wait??   So I stopped last Thursday.
I will most likely start with a 30% peel, if it is well tolerated I will apply a second layer after 2 minutes.

On a lighter note, my right elbow has pretty much blended with my arm
. Left side...not so much . I may have to occlude the lt elbow to speed things up .

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:51pm
My decision to peel with 30% LA was a good one. From the end of 1st application to baking soda rinse was 5-mins, and just to be on the safe side, I applied Hydrocortisone Cream. I included my neck and ears in this application. Tomorrow I will be better able to access for signs of irritation.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:04pm
As expected, my lower lip has already peeled one layer quite easily. Looks like it will peel again, so I am keeping it lubricated with Vaseline. Tonight I just rinsed my face, no soap. Reapplied Hydrocortisone Cream as a preventative measure.
This is my first time doing LA peel on my face since starting RA, and I don't know what to expect, so I am being overly cautious.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 3:57pm
I am happy that all is well after yesterdays peel. After using my ACV Toner, and Vit-C Serum on my Face & Neck I felt not signs of irritation.
Left elbow flaking today. LA lotion finally working there .

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:53pm
I got a little carried away during my shower this evening with KS soap. Forgot I did LA peel on my neck yesterday, and soaped my neck with KS. Did not realize it until I felt a little stinging. Hopefully no harm was done, or maybe not too much, because my neck is so super sensitive .
Used Nadinola on my face and neck tonight, and tomorrow I can restart RA.
I used RA on my elbows and knees a few weeks ago, and they are just now starting to peel. Going to lay off using the LA lotion daily, and opt for alternating with Oils.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:14pm
No adverse effects from using KS soap on my neck last evening
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 32>