Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 35>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:54pm
I did a green peel and HATED IT (the process) but the results were ahhhmazing. OP I don't know if you have done a Green Peel yet but if you have uneven skin...that will get you to a more even complexion quick. 

After that I wash with Kojie San soap daily 2x use Carowhite cream mixed with the oil on my face once a day. 

I'm gonna incorporate this Skin Lightening Peptide to my regimen soon that I bought from DIY http://www.diycosmetics.com/skin-lightening-peptide/. I'll probably mix a cap full in my Carowhite. 

I did this for a month and my face was about 2-3 shades lighter, very clear, and yellow. I actually had to stop because my bf was thinking I was taking steroids and my body was darker than my face! 

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:31pm
Hi OhMyCurlz; Thanks for the suggestions. Suggestions and feedback is always welcome since we can always learn from each other. Thank You!

I considered the Green Peel but did not want to spend too much money removing a permatan. I decided on LA since I can use it for the Peels, and also in my lotion. Plus..It last a good long time

I have heard wonderful things about Green & Yellow Peeling Oils, and will definitely give it a go when my LA runs out. Hopefully my permatan will fully gone by then.
Did you do it only once ?? Are you also removing a permatan or brightening

Looking forward starting RA/HQ 03/01. I need the next few days off Acids.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:49pm
I cheated, just a little
I spent most of yesterday re-reading just about everything I have read on RA/HQ. After doing my p.m care, I decided to use Nadinola on my face and neck. Since Nadinola contains 3% HQ, I thought why not give RA a test. So, I applied a minute amount of RA (0.05%) along my jaws and chin to check for reaction. NADA !!!
Somehow, along the side of my face has stayed about 1/2 shade darker, maybe it's because I am a side sleeper, and the face crap gets rubbed off.
My confidence is buoyed. Will try it again tonight on my face, but only on the areas that have not kept up with the rest of my face.
I have used RA in the past, eons ago. Don't even remember what strength I used. As usual, I was not using sun protection . I can only imagine what damage that stunt caused. Live and learn

I can see a road trip to Tijuana in my future for OTC RA

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:32pm
So, last night (Monday) I repeated what I did with the R/A & Nadinola.
But, like I have been doing every night, I first applied Vit-C/MSM Serum. Everything has been status quo.

Tonight (Tues) I omitted the serum (getting brave, am I ). I mixed the RA with HQ 4%, applied to the perimeter of my face, neck, decollete', and arms from shoulder to wrist . Getting pretty gutsy. After 30 mins or so, I blended Nadinola to the inner aspects of my face.
What the hey, since I am currently treating the upper body with RA/HQ, I decided to continue using my LA lotion on my torso and lower body. I keep thinking somewhere along the way, I may accidentally touch my face or arms while LA is on my hands. Not too sure what that combo will do because my LA lotion is pretty strong. I do allow a considerable amt of time between these two applications, hopefully that will be my saving grace.
I did not intend to start RA/HQ until 03/01, but having that female chromosome entitles me to change my mind, and also make me impatient.   

Edited by Benni - Feb 25 2014 at 10:34pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:58am
"Houston, we've got flaking" !!!!!
Always wanted to say that. I really need to get a life .

So, flaking/peeling however, did not occur in the stubborn areas I actually targeted, but on the laugh lines, and just at the corner of, and below the left lip.   I have to consider if this happened because I touched those areas with residual RA on my fingers, or when I blended an hour or so later with the Nadinola.
I'll take it anyway, a peel is a peel. Something is happening, so my effort is not wasted. Wasting is so not appreciated in my frugal lifestyle .

Edited by Benni - Feb 26 2014 at 11:08am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:30am
Hopefully this new regimen won't be a pain in the arse .
Tried a different approach tonight. After p.m care I waited approx 1-hr to apply Nadinola to the 'okay' areas of the face.   Waited another hour to do the RA/HQ to the perimeter of the face, arms, decollete'.
I was hoping to find a 'sweet spot' with my timing, "cause, ain't nobody got time for all this".
Okay, exfoliation was necessary first. I totally understand that, but why does one face have to have so many sensitive spots.   I always thought my neck would be the problem, but it has been doing great. Come to think about it, I really should have waited some time between applying LA peels and using RA. I jumped the gun . I originally planned to start RA on 03/01, now I know my face sensitive spots are periorbitals, and laugh lines.   Who knew
No major happenings, but I have learned to listen to my skin. So, I will reluctantly back off the RA for a few days, on the face only !! I will continue to apply to those charred elbows especially , Arms, neck and decollete'

Edited by Benni - Feb 27 2014 at 12:42am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:14pm
So it has been 5-nights since using RA either in combo with Nadinola or HQ on parts of my upper body.   The most difficult parts has been my upper outer arms.   Happy to see they are responding to this treatment .   Doing a silly dance, but no cartwheels yet.   I am thinking the exfoliation has really helped this new process move along rapidly.
After the initial flaking I had earlier this week, there has been no more .   Keeping the skin moisturized, really helps with that.
Will keep up with regimen for about 3-mths unless mission is accomplished before that .
Trying to reconcile with the notion that I can still do LA peels on my lower body.
Using SSS (Sea Salt Soap) every other day since starting RA/HQ, alternating with Black Soap.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:31am
Working up the ambition for a Salt Bath today. It is cool, dismal, and overcast . I need to do it though because I am peeling . The lower face (nothing outrageous), but under the "twins"....Mad peeling . Who woulda thunked. This has been going on for the past 2 days. Anxious to see what would result from a salt soak.

Edited by Benni - Mar 02 2014 at 11:32am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:19pm
So I am DIY genius !!
This past Saturday was approx 2-weeks since I made my first DIY Vit-C Serum, and it was finished .   Needed to make more, but I did not have anymore ph strips . So I decided to use the original recipe, and hope for the best. So here it is......

This Recipe was created by Kassy of SCT

"15% Vit C Serum With MSM 1oz.

•1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
•2 tsp Aloe Vera Gel (any cheap brand you like)
•1/2 tsp virgin coconut oil (it's loaded with vit E and other goodies)
•3 tsp distilled water
•3000mg MSM (for me it’s 3 capsules of Opti-MSM powder) More can be used safely.

1.Use 2 shot glasses.. In 1st glass; measure in the water and nuke in the microwave 5 or 6 seconds (warm) put in the MSM and vit C stirring in each, go on to next glass. In glass 2 measure in your coconut oil, add aloe and stir well.
2.To combine, slowly add and stir the contents of glass 1 into glass 2 a little at a time. It combines pretty well, but you can always add a bit of emulsifier if you want to.. (I didn't, and it’s just fine.)
3.Put into your 1oz bottle and shake well...
4.You can tweak this easily to suit your needs with the addition of FA or whatever you like. For me it was just a simple way to have a great and easy serum, that includes MSM, quickly. The coconut oil is loaded with beneficial fatty acids and loads of vit E.
5.When you apply it, it feels a bit tacky for 3 or 4 minutes, and then absorbs right in. So far I really like it."

My Saturday recipe followed everything...except I replaced

1-tsp (just bottled water) with Rose Water
and the Coconut Oil with a random mix of
Glycerine & Vit-E Oil to equal 1/2 tsp.

I was unable to ck the pH because I did not have pH strips....Or so I thought. I found 1 pH strip today.   Hallelujah !!!!
So, it's 2-days later, I ck'd it, and it was a perfect 2.5 pH !!!!
Bow.. Bow...Curtsey... Curtsey.   Back pat...Back pat. Joking !!!

Continuing with my RA & HQ, doing it my way. This week will be RA one day, HQ the other. Working my way up to getting rid of blemishes, then just using RA 3X/week, or daily to maintain my youthfulness. I just have to see what my skin permits. I have vagabon skin .   It does what it wants, how it wants, and when it wants. I'm just along for the ride.

I will be going in to Lenten season starting Wed 03/05/14.
I will be focusing more on my obligations regarding food eliminations (no meats), and my daily glass of Wine (or 2, or 3 ), and my language, which is normally cringeable . Cover your ears !!. A food fasting here, and there.

It is what I do, and who I am.

Edited by Benni - Mar 04 2014 at 2:53pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:51pm
Stubborn areas are really starting to show signs of lightening especially those ghastly elbows.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 35>
  Share Topic