Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 35>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:16pm
Yesterday (Monday), LA peel 50% was done on Legs, Feet and Arms for 3.5 minutes. Did not do Face and Neck as intended because I felt rough areas on my Neck which appeared to be the start of peeling. However, I did do LA peel on my Face today , will have to save the Neck for next week if it's condition permit. Showered with Dudu Osun today, and applied LA lotion to the body. I no longer see the need to wait too long before and after peels to use these soaps, or LA lotion. My body, for the most part seem to have become acclimated to them. Face and Neck still need to be babied.
Still taking Vitamin C Crystals.
Finally ordered MSM powder today. Some say the taste is not too bad, others say it taste like an Aspirin came apart in your mouth . Either way, taking the powder form will be better for me since it will be readily absorbed along with the Vit-C. I understand the powder form of MSM can be added to body lotion, hair products, added to water and sprayed on the body, so it's versatile. I ordered from Vitacost, and for some reason did not have to pay sales tax , which made the $4.99 S&H .

Edited by Benni - Jan 14 2014 at 8:22pm
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:01am
Los Angeles required A/C today...SHAKE & BAKE. I was awake for the Earthquake this a.m, then 85 degree weather, with humidity!!! . I could not avoid being out today. I needed food and water , truth !! Who woulda thunk??? Could not wait to get home and shower with KS soap for a few minutes, then lather in LA lotion.
My neck.... The bane of my contention. After all is said and done, was pinkish/red this p.m. I lightly LA lotion, after a few hrs, HQ 4%. Hopefully no PIH in the a.m. I would like to think that after the last few months, I have a handle on things. It is damn difficult to soap, or lotion certain parts of my body, while avoiding others . I am so an all or nothing person. Maybe I should move to Alaska . This is my life. I live in Calif, and Vacay in the Caribbean. I just need to deal with the weather and keep repeating, Permatan removal...Not whitening; Permatan removal...Not whitening;   Permatan removal...Not whitening. Permatan removal...Not whitening. This crap plays with your mind after a while. .
When you have a picture in your mind of where you see yourself, things get mentally screwed up no matter how much lighter you become.   Gladly I am recognizing that, and not getting caught up.

Loving Los Angeles weather in mid-Jan though
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:49pm
I may be way too impulsive. Act now, think later..Usually with regret . I don't normally go outdoors 24-48 hrs after LA peel, the skin is way too sensitive. Yesterday was extremely hot in Ca, and my skin responded . However, I skipped applying LA to my neck on Monday, and Tuesday because I noticed my Neck was beginning to peel. What in the heck made me put KS soap, and LA lotion on it yesterday . Yes, IMPULSIVE, and reactive. Thankfully I have learned from my previous experience, and now keep my $ store Hydrocortisone on hand. It's still too early to tell the level of damage (hopefully there will be none ). Fingers, and toes crossed.
Noticed that my back stung a little when I applied my LA lotion tonight. Really !!! After 2 1/2 months !!! Talk about slow to react.

Surprise, surprise !!! My MSM arrived at noon today . I was not expecting it so soon, so I was still working up my nerves for it. Now I understand the 'no tax' thing, it came from Vegas. It is a white crystal. 1/2 tsp = 2.6 gms (2,600 mg). I will start with one dose in the a.m and build my way up over the next week. Another reason I did not start today is, I heard insomnia is a side effect, so starting earlier in the day should avert that...Hopefully . Eventually, I will like to be able to take approx 6,000 mg/day, for a few months anyway. My hair will hopefully get a much needed boost from it also.

Also in my little package was Vit-E 45,000 i.u's. There is a nice mix of Macadamia, Evening Primrose, Borage, Camellia, Black Currant, and other oils in it. It is going to be a great oil for my hair along with my skin.

Tomorrow is after all...Another day !

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:56pm
I got this Recipe from the BETHENNY SHOW today

BATH SALTS

Ingredients:

2 cups of sea salt
2 cups of baking soda
1 cup of oatmeal
2 tsp. of chamomile and rosemary
1/2 cup of dry milk

Directions:
Blend ingredients in a food processor. When finely blended, pour the salts into small, decorative glass jars or wrap them in muslin with twine, and use whenever you draw a bath. Add essential oils (like lavender) to finish off the mixture. These are also great gifts!

Edited by Benni - Jan 16 2014 at 10:57pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 1:51pm
So preparing for my powdered MSM this a.m. Cored an Apple, and peeled an Orange, just in case. They recommend putting 1/2 tsp in 8 ozs water. Now, I don't want to prolong this process, so I used as little water as possible, anything to get this down quickly, and not torture myself.
What a let down . This MSM barely had any taste at all . Whatever faint backnote it had, was not unpleasant. This is do-able. However, I did not drink it until about 11:30a, so we shall see how it may/may not affect my sleep pattern, which is questionable anyway. Not the worst that could have happened, but I had 2 Fruits for breakfast

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 3:09pm
The Neck situation is turning out nicely. PIH averted with H-cortisone cream. If I can only remember not to apply any Acids to it until it has peeled and healed. Hopefully incorporating MSM in my Vit regimen will help it along.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:46pm
Neck still show no signs is PIH
Sleep pattern was normal last night, except it came a bit early, 9:30p. Still woke up 5 hrs later . Felt a little ambitious though.
Today I took 2 doses of MSM 3,200 mg along with 2,000 mg Vit-C. If no unusual side effects tonight, I will repeat the same tomorrow.

My KS soap is orange in color, but I am noticing a brown color drainage when I rinse... Is this exfoliation of dead skin cells or ???
Tomorrow is Bath day, however, from now on it will be referred to as Spa Day. Mind over matter. Spa Day sounds much better than SSB day (Sea salt Bath).
As my permatan lifts, the underlying skin is lighter. I am getting so used to it, and somehow I am seeing it as the same old darker skin. This is so weird, because I know it is lighter, but I am sometimes seeing myself as before. Something to consider.
I will be seeing a cousin that I have not seen in over 15 yrs this coming weekend. He is coming from Canada, and we will be meeting in Vegas. If he says something, then I will know if there is a change in me. Must keep in mind that this permatan developed over the past 5 yrs.
Am I playing mind games with myself

If these mind games persist, then it will be mission abort !!!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 8:51pm
No Spa day on Sunday, opted for showering with SS soap instead.
LA peel today, decreased strength to 35% body and face with better tolerance (3-5 mins). Still avoiding the Neck
Continuing with Vit-C 2.5gm & MSM 5.2gm/day. No side effects from MSM. Sleeping well, no increase in appetite or headaches.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:16am
So WT I am seeing my face as it looked 3 months ago. Is this an optical illusion. Is it that my skin is getting so much lighter, that the contrast is messing with my mind .
IDK, but will keep up with this. Just keeping it real

I showered with Dudu Osun. Used HQ on my neck, underarms and elbows, but LA lotion on the rest of my body. Also applied LA lotion to my Face, but immediately felt something unusual on the sides of my nares, so I just used a washcloth to pat it off gently a few times, and slathered H-cortisone cream to the area. Live and learn .

For me, using LA lotion just past 24 hrs of LA peel, has not affected me... So far anyway. When I first started, I avoided KS soap, and LA lotion 24 before and 48 hrs after LA peel. I judged my reaction, and adjusted my routine accordingly.

Still on the Vit-C and MSM, The only diff have noticed in the past few days are loss of appetite (who is complaining , and a just a tad too much energy. I am not doing flips or anything like that, but I am just too ambitious. Just want to do stuff... eeeoouuiii !!! . Activity is just not my thing      Although, I do work for a living, and I am self-supportive, and totally independent, OKAY I just don't want to do anything until I am darn good and ready to do it. I just don't need stuffpushing me along. Will have to consider MSM. If it helps my skin and hair, I may give it a pass

I am in an ugly zone
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:18am
Posting so late. I am PO'ed. Don't have a landline, but lost my mobile . Caught up with a friend on FB and asked her to call me. Some Dude said he found my Mobile at a Mall . I don't do Malls !!! Went to (2)PD's to file a report...NADA !!!

Anywho..I have been doing the same old,   same ole. Tonight however, I noticed redness on the anterior aspect my ankles on both feet.... I need to elaborate.   For the past 2 nights I have been applying LA lotion to my feet, waited 20-30 mins, and re-applying LA lotion and waited an additional 10-15 mins, then putting a plastic bag on my feet, topped with 2 pairs of socks. I do not get the opportunity to LA peel the soles of my feet so, I did this.
Like I've said, this is my first rodeo. I am learning and reporting. It's all trial and error for me. Just trying to remove a permatan and even out my skin tone. Life should not be that damn difficult .

Will deal with AT&T in the a.m
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 35>