Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:31am
Ouote
Hydroquinone Cream

Hydroquinone cream is the main bleaching cream that is recognized by the FDA. For this reason, whenever you come across a product that is used for bleaching or whitening the skin, it most likely has the main ingredient, hydroquinone in it. Dark, pigmented spots on your face, arms, neck and hands can be frustrating and embarrassing to deal with. With advancements in skin care science and the development of new compounds and ingredients that can combat brown spots, treating those darkened areas of skin is now easier and more effective than ever.

What is Hydroquinone cream?

It is the effective one to lessen age spots, lighten freckles, and treat other discolorations of the skin. For a number of facts, skin may become discolored. Using birth control pills, pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy or even trauma to the skin are a few that are responsible for the discoloration of skin .A doctor may opt to prescribe the cream for other medical conditions as well. Hydroquinone works by decreasing the production and increasing the breakdown of melanosomes (melanin pigment granules) in the skin’s pigment cells (melanocytes). It does this by inhibiting the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme needed to make melanin.
ProDerma Light 3% Hydroquinone Skin Lightening Bleaching Whitening Face Serum Dr. Kligman’s Formula

If you are using the hydroquinone cream for the first time, apply only a small amount to an unbroken section of skin. And if you see your skin appears red, itches, or forms blisters after 24 hours then you should discontinue it. These allergic reactions will require a doctor’s instant notice. If no allergic reactions occur, it is safe to continue using the hydroquinone cream.

Clinical Test for skin sensitivity is required before using hydroquinone cream. For this you need to apply the cream to a small patch of hyper-pigmented skin. If no redness or itching occurs within 24 hours, begin treatment. First, wash and dry the affected areas of the skin and massage the cream into the areas requiring treatment. Next, wash the hands after handling the cream. The medicine should be taken according to the doctor’s orders. If a patient forgets to take a dose, she should use the medicine again as soon as possible. Apply just enough to cover the affected areas and avoid applying to normal skin, as this will lighten as well. Hence wash your hands after applying unless these are areas of treatment. Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes. Avoid using other medicated topical products (particularly peroxide products) on the same area at the same time unless directed to do so by your doctor. When using non-medicated cosmetics, sunscreens, and moisturizing lotions, apply hydroquinone first, and then wait several minutes before applying them over the top.

Patients who use hydroquinone cream should keep away from too much sun exposure. Sunscreen and protective clothing should be worn to cover areas treated by the cream. The medicine should never be used on irritated or broken skin. Items that contain benzoyl peroxide or hydrogen peroxide should never be used when a patient is being treated with hydroquinone cream, as this can cause dark stains on the skin. If dark stains develop, stop using the peroxide and wash the skin with soap and water.

At times, a specific hydroquinone cream may contain sulfites. Sulfites have been known to cause allergic reactions in some people. If a patient allergic to sulfites is prescribed a hydroquinone cream, she should consult with her physician in order to determine if it contains sulfites. If a woman becomes pregnant, she should speak with her doctor so that he can determine if she should discontinue use of the cream.

Hydroquinone side effects:
ProDerma Light 3% Hydroquinone Skin Lightening Bleaching Whitening Face Serum Dr. Kligman’s Formula

It is quite common that medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome when using Hydroquinone Cream. Cracking or dryness of the skin if applied around eyes or nose; minor redness or mild burning sensation at application site. Seek medical attention right away if any of these acute side effects occur when using Hydroquinone Cream, severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blistering; blue-black darkening of the skin; excessive redness, stinging, or irritation. This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.

Consumers of hydroquinone cream do not have to live with dark freckles, moles, age spots, sun spots, dark underarms or hyper-pigmentation anymore. Before choosing a skin bleaching product be sure to find one that has been formulated for all skin types and can work without causing any possible side effects. Users have to use chemical peels or laser to help even skin tone. One can purchase an affective skin bleaching cream for under $50 and can absorb into the skin quickly and effectively without any known side effects.

The best hydroquinone cream cannot be easily specified. This depends on what results someone is looking for. The average cream is only 2%. Some people love Nadinola extra strength in white/pink/green box. It’s only 3% but works better than ADC’s 4% and it is seen by many of its users. It’s said that Fair and White Exclusive Whitener has 8% and really works. I haven’t used it, so I don’t know. Hydroquinone is a topical bleaching agent that is typically prescribed at strength of 4% but which can be prescribed up to as strong as 8%. While effective usually on its own, it is typically more effective when mixed with tretinoin and mild cortisone. In addition to topical treatments and strict sun avoidance, other treatments which improve melasma are chemical peeling and laser. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist to discuss what combination of treatments will serve you best. But most important is sun avoidance.

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:38am

Natural skin lightening serves the way of getting healthy and glowing skin by natural means. People are now more conscious of their skin than ever. This does not exclude men. Men are also doing efforts in this same process. Fair skin also goes well with any color of fashion-wear and even-toned skin also helps to boost confidence. Now you can get rid of dark spots and be free of any insecurity with the help of effective natural skin lightening procedures and products.

Women are a beautiful creation, and considered the most beautiful to men. And in many cultures women are almost programmed to believe that women’s fairness is must. Keeping up fair and healthy skin is a requirement for most and has been a mantra for women of all ages. Even having fair skin can help boost confidence and eliminate insecurities. There will no longer be the need to cover up even under extreme heat just to hide dark spots and unsightly, uneven skin tone. These days, skin lightening procedures include bleaching/lightening creams, whiteners, toners, skin brighteners, and many more. You should first evaluate the procedures if it is worth it, and the ingredients used to make sure you are applying safe products on your skin.

Revitol Skin brightener cream
Revitol skin Brightening Cream is an ideal one. If your skin is darkening or has aging or sun spots, you may consider using it. Revitol skin brightening cream may be a good way to urge your skins glow and shine back. Not exclusively can the cream make brighter the looks of your skin; however it’ll end the dryness in color, and might even facilitate in fighting the opposed aging method, if used on an each day.

So, to urge back that youth, and therefore the young glow you had in your 20s, you wish to contemplate adding during this cream as a daily defense to dry and uninteresting skin tones. Many user of this product had experienced bad skin resulting in achromatic look. They expressed that when solely some days of application, the Revitol Skin Brightening Cream entirely modified the looks and tone of their color, which when continual use, their skin became firmer, and far better in look. So, not exclusively can you come back to that younger look, however it’ll facilitate in fighting cracked and achromatic look, similarly as giving a healthy glow to your skin tone.

So, in place of getting an expensive prescription from a skin doctor, you’ll need to consider this product.
Skin lightening creams are really essential one to lighten up the affected face. A number of products are there in the market that helps lightening the face. It is so important that one must be aware of choosing product before using. Skin differs from person to person. Identifying the type of face is a must. If you have oily skin then you have to consider the appropriate ones for you. Nowadays a number of skin lightening products are in the market that does more harm to your face than benefit. There are many things you can do to make your skin look lighter, brighter and whiter! But this post will talk about how to lighten skin naturally. There are many things you can do at home using natural techniques to attain the look you want.
How to lighten your skin: Many skin lightening creams holds hydroquinone. This is one element that can guarantee a brief skin whitening but it can result in serious side effects. This is why it is better to opt for more natural approach that can help your lighten your skin without any side effects. Glycolic, Lactic and Kojic peels will allow you to do just that. These natural AHA’s are brilliant in targeting these buggers. Of course in combination with lightening serum and creams that contain natural ingredients will increase your results and allow you to feel free with your new fresher even skin.

Sun Screen is a must when you step out during the daytime. UV rays from the sun is dangerous and can have long term damaging effects to your skin, and if overexposed to the sun, your skin could redden at first and then become dark and blemished. It is one cause of hyper pigmentation. Apply sun block or sun screen to prevent skin from darkening, and to provide protection from UV radiation. With regular use, you could reduce your risk of skin cancer.
Natural skin lightening is the best way to brighten up you face. High powered chemical product may damage your face skin and sometimes you may experience side effects. Scientifically it is proved that natural skin lightening products are more secure than other ways.

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 11:13pm
I had a great day!!!
So, here's the thing....The people I see regularly have not noticed the change in me, the same as I have not noted much difference in myself. I am curvy, and straddle the higher end of my BMI because it is comfy for me. Since my summer vacay I've gained about 10 lbs . Any who, today I saw someone I have not seen in approx 8 mths. She was OMG... you look great!!! You're so skinny!!! What are you doing to lose all that weight, you look so different . I said, I have actually gained 10 lbs, she kept insisting that I have lost weight, and wanted to know how I did it , seriously?? I believe in full disclosure, and wanted to tell her that I've been exfoliating, but she kept focusing on the weight loss, So, what the hey . Maybe I will tell her about it another time. I feel soooo guilty. This is still bothering me

Edited by Benni - Jan 06 2014 at 11:18pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 11:49pm
So today I was more encouraged. I had a shower and waited about 2 hrs before I applied the LA peel. Totally forgot to apply the alcohol (pre-peel).   So I did my feet, then the legs and arms(10mins). Diluted the remainder for my decolette', neck and face (additional 8 mins). It's all good .
The thing is, so many people want to be 3-7 shades lighter in a month, and don't know how they are going to maintain it .
Exfoliation works!!! We are who we are. You lighten 2-4 shades and your complexion does not match your facial features...WTF !!
I have had so many ups and downs in my life. My features are not 100% AA because I am mixed, but I am strong and did not let it bother me when girls of my culture told me that I was not black enough to be in their circle of friends...Seriously ?? This was not when I was a child, actually it was just a few years ago as an adult .
Anyhow, don't know how that surfaced. I'm in a moment I guess.
Message is, be who you are, and love yourself. There is nothing wrong with improving yourself to suit you, no one else matters. MJ said it, "I'm looking at the man/woman in the mirror".   Just do you!!!

{{{{Hugs}}}}
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 10:38pm
So I've been thinking... I started this journey approx 10 weeks ago. first purchases were Nadinola 3 Jars from Walgreens @ $5.79 each online. Then came 4 bars of Kojie San soaps, and Amlactin 2-20 oz bottles. These worked great. Two weeks later I got Lactic Acid 40 oz bottle for $25.   These items have been the foundation of my exfoliation, along with Epsom salts for my bath. I increased the Amlactin by adding LA.   Recently, I purchased Dudu Osun Soap. Dead Sea Salt Soap, and Belo Soap.
My first time using Lactic Acid full body peel, my neck irritated, which was made worst by Polysporin. My MD told me to use Hydrocortisone OTC, she also gave me HQ 4%. H-cortisone worked like majic. literally overnight, and HQ took the discoloration away.
All is good right ??? After 1 month of LA peels, the creases of my elbows started to get irritated with thw peels, no problem because the h-cortisone heals that. I suffered no discolorations, no breakouts.
Permatan has lifted so much, that I am able to use on my face Zinc Oxide Sunblock which originally left a white hue, but my skin has lightened so well, that white hue is no longer visable, along with my now lighter makeup.

I NEED A BREAK...TBC

Edited by Benni - Jan 09 2014 at 10:44pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 10:41pm
So I've been thinking... I started this journey approx 10 weeks ago. first purchases were Nadinola 3 Jars from Walgreens @ $5.79 each online. Then came 4 bars of Kojie San soaps, and Amlactin 2-20 oz bottles. These worked great. Two weeks later I got Lactic Acid 40 oz bottle for $25.   These items have been the foundation of my exfoliation, along with Epsom salts for my bath. I increased the Amlactin by adding LA.   Recently, I purchased Dudu Osun Soap. Dead Sea Salt Soap, and Belo Soap.
My first time using Lactic Acid full body peel, my neck irritated, which was made worst by Polysporin. My MD told me to use Hydrocortisone OTC, she also gave me HQ 4%. H-cortisone worked like majic. literally overnight, and HQ took the discoloration away.
All is good right ??? After 1 month of LA peels, the creases of my elbows started to get irritated with thw peels, no problem because the h-cortisone heals that. I suffered no discolorations, no breakouts.
Permatan has lifted so much, that I am able to use on my face Zinc Oxide Sunblock which originally left a white hue, but my skin has lightened so well, that white hue is no longer visable, along with my now lighter makeup.

I NEED A BREAK...TBC

Why can't I delete this post ???????

Edited by Benni - Jan 09 2014 at 10:52pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 12:32am
So this past Sunday, I enjoyed being in the Tub for the first time. Not sure what switched, but I hope my next bath is as enjoyable. Maybe it was the Quick Oats . Monday I used Dusu Osun soap, and I find it impossible to soap my body and avoid certain places..That being said, Dudu Osun did not burn my 'bits and pieces'.   On Wednesday I started back on Kojie San and LA lotion.
Today, Thursday, I left the KS for about 15 mins. After the first few mins I felt a burning under both arms. I decided to sacrifice the underarms for the benefit of the rest of my body. There is just a slight redness, but I have my trusted H-cortisone cream
This is probably telling me that the creases of my elbows and underarms have reached their exfoliation limits NO MAS.
Okay, I will continue exfoliating the other body parts and avoid these areas in the future. No problem !!
Honestly, I never expected my skin to get as light as is now, especially since all I wanted to do was remove a permatan . I am actually yellow !!. The old scars are still there, but from what I've learned, the exfoliants I am using, will NOT lighten me beyond my natural color. I can continue using them (maybe not as often) and the scars will eventually lighten.
Continuing the Vit-C crystals about 2,500 mg/day. I got it at Trader Joe's. 1/4 tsp = 1,000 mg.
I have considered adding other things to my regimen, but I've finally decided to go the Retin A/HQ 4% route. It is inexpensive; HQ works well for me (past experience); Retin A is collagen building in addition to its other positive attributes, and I really don't have much left to complete my mission.
The most important thing I am taking away from all this is, I need to exfoliate occasionally, and SUN PROTECTION. I am not afraid to go out in the sun, and I do not darken from it, as long as I use sun block.
Going beyond your natural skin color is expensive. Lots of trial and error to find what will work for you, and once you stop using all those creams and lotions, melanin is still being produced in your body, so your natural color will come back, usless you plan to go broke keeping those products in your cupboard forever. That's a long, long time.

I will continue to post my progress when I start RA/HQ, which will be sometome in Feb. I will post costs, that is a big deal with me.

I am so freaking happy with what I've accomplished in such a short time, and was able to Journal it here. I really don't ever recall being this fair, and I can see there is still more damage to be removed.

This is not the end...Still have to lighten those old scars (4), Knees, and Elbows. I will continue with the things I have outlined, and journal my progress.

Edited by Benni - Jan 10 2014 at 12:41am
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 4:04pm
Just to clarify some of the things mentioned in the last posts. I mentioned the'fairness' of my complexion. I don't mean caucasian fair, but the lightened, and brightness that is now showing through. The 'yellow' is there, very evident. Again my complexion is not that of Butter, but I have a very strong yellow undertone, and this is what is see first. I mentioned previously that I am multiracial, and one of my parents is Chinese and black, possibly accounting for the yellow undertone. It is a very in-your-face yellow. I was never a sunscreen/sunblock person, so from a very early age I have had sun damage, as most people of color have,. This builds up over the years, so we truly don't know what our true complexion it. All this is to say, EXFOLIATE...EXFOLIATE before buying skin lighteners. You never know what is hidden all the sun damaged skin. I am loving what I am seeing. Even though I have been exfoliating for approx 10 weeks, I continually see brighter and lighter splotches of skin coming through.

Sometimes the simplest things are not evident until later    so after using KS soap yesterday and feeling the sting/burn in my underarm, I decided to endure it, instead of showering it off thus depriving the rest of my body of it's benefit DUH !!   This morning it occurred to me that I could have used a washcloth to wash off my underarms....Yuh think !!!!. Talk about hindsight being 20-20    

I'll talk about my continuing exfoliation indefinitely another time.
Dr Oz is on, and he mentioned Vit-B3 Niacin/Niacinamide and the skin, Bearberry and pigmentation/melanin, and Epsom salts. How did ke know these things interest me here and now

Edited by Benni - Jan 10 2014 at 4:08pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 12:26am
Tomorrow is SSB day, not dreading it as much as I had in the past.
The whole exfolition process is becoming routine, or I am just more comfortable in that I don't wake up with "today's procedure" in mind, like I did in the early days. Now if I feel like washing my face, and leaving the KS soap on for a few mins in the a.m I do it, if not I just wash it off. I use different soaps for showering, sometimes I will use KS and leave it on for only 3 mins while in the shower with the H2O turned off. This week, I only left it on longer than that once. I know that the outermost, tougher, dead skin cells have been exfoliated, and don't want to be too hard on the newly exposed skin. I am one of those who produce an abundant amt of melanin. I can still see evidence of a surface scratch from my fingernail I got 2 yrs ago !!! I have even eased up on daily use of LA lotion. This makes me feel comfortable knowing I can do this long term and maintain the results I have acquired. Hoping the RA/HQ will quickly even out my problem areas.
Tonight for the first time I noticed my lt elbow starting to flake, they have gotten lighter, but never flaked or peeled .

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:21pm
Mequinol/Tretinoin
Generic Name: mequinol/tretinoin (ME-kwi-nole/TREH-tih-noyn)
Brand Name: Solage

Overview
Side Effects
Interactions
More...
Mequinol/tretinoin is used for:
Treating solar lentigines (darkened lesions on skin that has been exposed to sunlight over a long period of time). Mequinol/tretinoin is used with a total skin care and sunlight avoidance program. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Mequinol/Tretinoin is a combination depigmentation agent and retinoid. Exactly how it works is unknown.

Do NOT use mequinol/Tretinoin if:
•you are allergic to any ingredient in mequinol/tretinoin
•you are taking a fluoroquinolone (eg, levofloxacin), a phenothiazine (eg, chlorpromazine), a sulfonamide (eg, glipizide, sulfamethoxazole), a tetracycline (eg, doxycycline), a thiazide diuretic (eg, hydrochlorothiazide), or other medicines that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about whether any of your medicines increase your skin's sun sensitivity.
•you are pregnant or may become pregnant
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.

Before using mequinol/tretinoin:
Some medical conditions may interact with mequinol/tretinoin. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:

•if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
•if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
•if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
•if you have eczema, irritated or inflamed skin, an increased number of white blood cells, vitiligo (loss of skin pigmentation), or sunburn
•if you are unusually sensitive to sunlight or must be outside for prolonged periods of time
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with mequinol/tretinoin. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:

•Fluoroquinolones (eg, levofloxacin), phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), sulfonamides (eg, glipizide, sulfamethoxazole), tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline), or thiazide diuretics (eg, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of sunburn may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if mequinol/tretinoin may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.

How to use mequinol/tretinoin:
Use mequinol/tretinoin as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.

•An extra patient leaflet is available with mequinol/tretinoin. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
•Mequinol/tretinoin is for external use only.
•Use mequinol/tretinoin twice daily, at least 8 hours apart, unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
•Remove all cosmetics with a mild soap before applying mequinol/tretinoin. Gently dry the area. Wait 20 to 30 minutes to make sure that skin is completely dry.
•Use the applicator tip to apply mequinol/tretinoin to the affected area. Use only enough to make the lesion appear moist. Avoid getting mequinol/tretinoin on the surrounding, normally colored skin.
•Do not shower or bathe the treated areas for at least 6 hours after you apply mequinol/tretinoin.
•Wait 30 minutes after applying mequinol/tretinoin before you apply cosmetics.
•If you miss a dose of mequinol/tretinoin, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use mequinol/tretinoin.

Important safety information:
•Avoid getting mequinol/tretinoin in your eyes, on the inside or angles of your nose, or in your mouth. If you get mequinol/tretinoin in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
•Mequinol/tretinoin may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to mequinol/tretinoin. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
•Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or products on your skin. While you are using mequinol/tretinoin, you may use cosmetics.
•Do not apply mequinol/tretinoin to skin that is sunburned. Wait until the burn is fully healed before using mequinol/tretinoin.
•Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
•Safety and effectiveness of mequinol/tretinoin have not been established in patients with moderately dark to dark skin.
•Avoid using other topical medication, cosmetics, or other products that have a strong drying effect. If you have dry skin from using these products, allow your skin to "rest" before using mequinol/tretinoin.
•If the lesion you have been treating becomes the same color as your normal skin, contact your doctor.
•Do not use mequinol/tretinoin on skin with eczema, or for any condition other than that for which it was prescribed.
•Weather extremes, such as windy or cold weather, may irritate your skin more while you are using mequinol/tretinoin.
•Mequinol/tretinoin may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
•Mequinol/tretinoin should only be used in addition to a comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance program prepared by your doctor.
•Mequinol/tretinoin is flammable. Do not store or use near an open flame or while smoking.
•If you are able to become pregnant, use effective birth control while you are using mequinol/tretinoin.
•Mequinol/tretinoin should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
•PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use mequinol/tretinoin if you are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor immediately. It is not known if mequinol/tretinoin is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use mequinol/tretinoin, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of mequinol/tretinoin:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Burning, dry skin, itching, peeling, redness, stinging, tingling, or warmth at application site; unusual sensitivity to wind and cold.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blistering, crusting, swelling, or excessive redness of the skin; changes in skin color; lightening of the skin surrounding the treatment area.

This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.

If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include clumsiness; dizziness; excessive redness, peeling, and discomfort; flushing; headache; stomach pain.

Proper storage of mequinol/tretinoin:
Store mequinol/tretinoin at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep mequinol/tretinoin out of the reach of children and away from pets.

General information:
•If you have any questions about mequinol/tretinoin, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
•Mequinol/tretinoin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
•If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
•Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take mequinol/tretinoin or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about mequinol/tretinoin. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to mequinol/tretinoin. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using mequinol/tretinoin.

Issue Date: January 1, 2014
Database Edition 14.1.1.001
Copyright © 2014 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 25>