BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 1:47pm
Exfoliatiating daily either with KS, LA lotion, or a combination of both. Using DSS soap or Dudu Osun also. My exfoliating process will continue for another month. Even-ing the skin will require extended exfoliation or the use of lightening products. I am not willing to use lighteners at this point. I most likely will use Vitamin C both externally and internally. External use is not a problem, but I have always been inconsistent with taking oral meds , so that could prove to be a very slow process. I don't mind since my goal was to remove to a permatan, not lighten my skin color. I will continue to research more "natural" ways to even out.
Elbows and old scars are lightening along with my skin, as long as it goes this way, the difference will always be evident. I am in no hurry. My supply of LA and soaps will carry my through for a few more months. I know s l o w and steady wins the race.
My next 'peel day' is Monday, and I will most likely just do my legs, and try to keep the LA on for a longer time. I read that doing the entire body at one time may not be the best idea since the LA does 'excite' Neurons, and send confusing signals to the Brain . Probably because some areas are more sensitive than others. Another Theory for me to test. Makes sense though .
KS today, and don't really want to mix that with Dudu Osun, so it will probably be a Dove day in soapland

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:01pm
So this is really going to be trial and error. Today I did an LA peel on my Legs and feet . Forgot I shaved my legs yesterday. That was not much of a problem. I tolerated it for 12 mins, applying twice, then I did my hands, to my elbows for an additional 8 mins. The only thing I did differently was pre-peel with rubbing alcohol.   
If time allow, tomorrow I will do my torso, and elbows to upper arms.
In this way, the weekends will be delegated to peels. What a life ??
the current LA lotion and peels are not causing any disturbance on my skin at their current %age. So doing my elbows and knees more than 1X/week should not be too much of a problem. Will 'Journal' the results.

Reveal--------
I am now able to use my Medium CC Cream all over my face with a flawless look, it even blends in with my ears
I have read that Kojic Acid is a 'natural' lightener. I have started today using the KA soap 2-3 times/day when I'm at home for 5-10 mins. As long as it gives me my natural skin tone back, without going beyond that, it's good. I will take into consideration DIY-ing KA lotion to use in conjunction with LA lotion.

It's a bloody journey. Oy Vey....
miszscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miszscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 9:23pm
My skin is not the best but I do try and as far as now, it is always soft, and have not broken out with acne in a while even after drinking tons of soda which is bad I know! I have been doing a coconut oil, honey,  sugar mixture on my skin and lips to exfoliate and then moisturize day and night with baby lotion for now and when that runs out, I will use coconut oil or something lighter to absorb easier.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by miszscott miszscott wrote:

My skin is not the best but I do try and as far as now, it is always soft, and have not broken out with acne in a while even after drinking tons of soda which is bad I know! I have been doing a coconut oil, honey,  sugar mixture on my skin and lips to exfoliate and then moisturize day and night with baby lotion for now and when that runs out, I will use coconut oil or something lighter to absorb easier.

Good Luck miszscott. EVOO, Grapeseed Oil, and Jojoba Oil are also good. I have been doing a mixture of Oils, and really like it. So far no problems.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:05pm
So the Holidays are over, I can get back to journaling. I have been keeping up with my LA peels. Concentrating on my Legs lately. The last was on Saturday, and it was 60% LA. There was enough solution left over, so rather than tossing it out, I applied it to my Arms. The increase did not cause any adverse reaction. I will not do this strength weekly, but alternate it with the 45% LA because I also increased my LA lotion. There is a little sting in some areas initially, but that quickly subsided. So far no burns.
My Forearms are more even toned. Upper Arms need more work though , from the Elbows up. Knees, Feet and Ankles are doing great.
I am becomming an Exfoliating Soap JUNKIE !!! Whenever I see an Ethnic store, I must stop to check out their soaps

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:36am
Black skin, white skin, Asian skin – what’s the difference?
last updated on 2 January 2014
tags: Original Articlesby Hessa, filed under The Basics about Skin Lightening.

Surprisingly (or not), it’s more than just skin color that separates a black person from a white person, and a white person from an Asian.

Scientists have discovered structural differences between black, white and Asian skin in terms of its:

thickness
water content
lipids (fat and fat soluble vitamins)

Differences between black skin and white skin
The epidermis of black skin contains less glutathione than white skin. (Reduced glutathione may be responsible for skin color. Inhibition of epidermal glutathione system leads to darker skin, and glutathione in the epidermis has been shown to inhibit melanogenesis.)
In the epidermis of white skin, hyperpigmentation or tanning is always followed by a drop in glutathione reductase and reduced glutathione.

Black skin have larger melanosomes than white skin.
Black skin has a higher electrical resistance than white skin, which suggests greater cohesion and thickness.
Black skin has more and larger fibroblasts than white skin. The fibroblasts in black skin are also more multi-nucleated. This can lead to more abnormal scarring and keloid formation.
Black skin also has larger mast cell granules than white skin, which may also play a part in keloid formation.
The stratum corneum of black skin has more layers and stronger cells than in white skin.
Black skin and Asian skin have thicker and more compact dermis than white skin. This is also why blacks and Asians have fewer facial wrinkles than whites.
Black skin has more casual lipids and more moisture in the stratum corneum than white skin.
Black skin sheds its outer layers more (increased desquamation) than white skin
Black skin has 50% lower ceramides than white or Hispanic skin. Asians have the highest skin ceramide levels.
Black and Indian skin has two times more alkali-insoluble melanin (darker DHI-enriched eumelanin) than white skin, hispanic skin and Chinese skin.

Black skin has a lower pH than white skin.
What does this mean?
The differences between our skin can determine several things.

Effectiveness of topical skin lightening creams and lotions
Safety of chemical peels and skin laser treatments
Our skin’s healing response to wounds and the formation of abnormal scars
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:26pm
So my skin is becoming 'lighter'. I hesitate to use the word lighter because I don't want to seem like I am attempting to change my natural skin color. In essence, that is exactly what I am doing by removing the permatan (not changing the natural), but removing the unnatural, sun damaged skin. Does that make sense
I am now using the exfoliating soap for my face to go at least 1/2 inch into my hair line. That line of demarcation will suck . So I may sacrifice hairline growth for blending. My reasoning....The soap is not affecting my eyebrow, so it should not have a lasting effect on the hairline...The blending will eventually happen, then I can take measures to avoid sundamage from recurring in that area, then concentrate on the hair growth in that area if needed. I apply oils to the hair at the hair line before face washing, hoping it will not be too affected by the soap, and the 50% ACV I use as a Toner after washing will also help.
After 2 months, this exfoliation process is becoming routine, so continuing it indefinitely may not be too much of a problem.
Planning on SSB tomorrow. Still not my favorite thing to do, but necessary. At least for now
My positives for the past weeks....I've had a beautiful red lipstick, and hot pink one that I have not been able to use for the past year as the permatan got darker. Wearing them over the Holidays was such a rush !! I AM BACK baby...Well, almost

Edited by Benni - Jan 04 2014 at 2:31pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 10:18pm
Determined to finish the even-ing out naturally, I have been taking Vit C Crystals orally for the past 2 weeks in water. Not bad tasting, but drinking water is soooooo darn difficult in the cooler months. Still need to add MSM, which is also good for my hair. I love it when I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Frugality rocks.
Accidentally left KS soap on my face for 3 hrs today. Yeah, there was a Henna app involved. Comforting to know that my face can handle KA. Just wish I had considered going into my hair line with the KS soap when I started this exfoliation. There is a definite color diff. Hopefully it will be gone soon . So far, so good with the hair line hairs. Still loving Dudu Osun.

Edited by Benni - Jan 04 2014 at 10:22pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 7:26pm
The best time I ever spent in the tub . In addition to Epsom Salts, I added 1 cup Oatmeal (placed in the leg of a pantry hose to save on the clean up, and not clogging my drain). Also used my DSS. The bath experience was absolute luxury . Today's movie was 'Heat'. 40 mins in the tub was long (for me), but when the tub was also completely drained, I noticed a thick sludge of darkness that was slow to drain . My first instinct was shed skin, but lets face it..Even though the Oats was in a panty hose, they do have specks of darkness, but my skin looks and feel bright and so smooth, I can't stop touching it . Maybe it's a combination of both .
Tomorrow I peel...Yeah !!!
Still taking my Vit-C, and using my Sunblock. I will DIY Zinc Oxide lotion soon, and maybe a nice lotion with actives to lighten out the uneveness.
Overall, I am very encouraged, and pleased with my progress. Keeping it natural

Edited by Benni - Jan 05 2014 at 7:32pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:14am
Skin Lightener Buyer's Guide For 2013

How To Eliminate Age Spots, Sunspots, and Discoloration WITHOUT Spending a Fortune at the Dermatologist

By, Karen Weathers

Senior Editor
Consumers Guides Beauty Advice
Karen@ConsumersGuides.com

With a good dark spot corrector, many types of skin blemishes can become a thing of the past.

A quality dark spot corrector can clear up dark spots and age spots in a few weeks, and other smaller blemishes (such as spots from acne) can be cleared up in a matter of days.

But which product do you use?

Every product claims to offer the best results for the money, but as we both know, product claims can be far from the truth - and on top of that, some of them can be downright dangerous.

So how do you know which one to use? This is where we come in. We looked at all the best dark spot correctors on the market and analyzed each of them to find out which one uses the most effective ingredients, and no dangerous ingredients and of course...which one works best.

Dark spots are a form of hyper-pigmentation. It's a discoloration of the skin due to overproduction of melanin, the substance which causes our skin to tan after sun exposure. As we age, melanocytes, which deposit melanin in our skin cells work less effectively. Melanin builds up in certain areas and causes dark spots.

First - The Ingredients That Work

For a dark spot corrector to be effective, is has to use the right ingredients. Many correctors claim to be using the best, but be careful- many do not use the right amounts of ingredients to really get results. Here's the proven ingredients you need to look for:

•Alpha Arbutin: a compound derived from organic materials, Alpha Arbutin blocks the effects of melanin on the skin, removing dark spots quickly and safely

•Resveratrol: another powerful melanin blocker, this has been clinically shown to reduce melanin production by 50%

•Sepicalm-S: this compound is one of the most powerful anti-pigment and anti-inflammatory agents on the market- perfect for reducing acne scarring

Dangerous Ingredients to watch out for:

Sadly, many dark spot correctors still use ingredients proven dangerous. Using a product with these ingredients can have worse effects than simply not seeing results. These can cause serious damage to your health:

•Hydroquinone: this carcinogenic chemical is actually banned in most countries- except the US! Why? Besides increasing skin sensitivity, it has been linked to tumor growth! This is not something you want to be rubbing into your skin.

•Mercury: Believe it or not, mercury is still used in some skin products. The reason - it's cheap. Be very careful of this as it is one of the most harmful things you can put near your body. Mercury can destroy your kidneys and nervous system. Mercury is used more often the you think, so always, ALWAYS read the label before buying!

Which Products work best?

Which products are most effective while still using safe ingredients?

Out of everything we looked at, sadly only a few made the cut. The majority of products simply don't offer the results they should and many of them still use dangerous ingredients.

However there ARE a few that really do stand out. A couple of the products we looked at did everything right with their formulas. They use all the best ingredients, those which are proven in clinical trials to remove all kinds of skin blemishes. These are all safe to use... and got amazing reviews from all their users.

Below are our top products in the dark spot corrector category. If you are looking for a product to clear up dark spots, age spots, or acne blemishes, these are the ones to use.

What You're Going To Learn:
The Best Product To Correct Dark Spots, Age Spots, Sun Spots And Acne Blemishes.
How To Choose A Safe Dark Spot Corrector
The Ingredients Clinically Proven To Work
Potentially Dangerous Ingredients That You Should NEVER Use

6 Rating Factors In Evaluating Dark Spot Correctors:
1) Safe Ingredients
2) Clinically Proven Ingredients
3) Hydroquinone- and mercury-free
4) Opaque Packaging
5) Proven Reputation
6) Real User Reviews & Results

Safe Ingredients
Real Clinical Trials
Positive User Reviews
Company Reputation
Value
Never Tested On Animals

Rating:

Outstanding

#1 Top Choice: CITY Cosmetics Radiance Illuminator

This is the top product out of all the dark spot correctors we looked at.

City Cosmetics does everything right with its formula. It's completely safe with no dangerous ingredients, and we found no reports of skin irritation from any of the women who used it... and.. this product works!

How Effective is City Cosmetics Radiance Illuminator?

This is the part we love.

We read nothing but amazing things about how well this Radiance Illuminator works.

Women claim this is the product to use for any type of skin blemish.

We read reports of it clearing up dark spots (age spots/sun spots) in as little as 3 weeks. Acne blemishes clear up even faster with women reporting results in as little as 4 days.

One woman even said This product saved her from the $900 she was going to pay for getting IPL/PhotoFacial treatments.

If you're looking for a product that truly works to remove all types of skin blemishes, this is the one to use.

You can check it out with the link below. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you. We know you won't be disappointed.

# 2 Second Choice: Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Fx

The consensus second place pick was Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Fx, which came closest to replicating the results of City Cosmetics Radiance Illuminator.

However, this product uses some potentially dangerous ingredients, and the price tag might scare some consumers away, which kept this product from the top tier of dark spot correctors.

#3 Third Choice: Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum

Rounding out the top three was Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum. This was an excellent product in many respects, but just didn't make a strong enough impact on skin tone and luminance.

Additionally, it was very pricey, which is surprising given that it didn't have any of the compounds that traditionally drive up the price of dark spot correctors.

P.S.While City Cosmetics Radiance Illuminator is the best dark spot corrector we've found, we would still love to hear about any others you've tried. If you have you had a great experience with a dark spot corrector of your own, please send me an email at KarenWeathers44@gmail.com with the details. We'll check it out and if it looks good, we'll post it here.

Sincerely,

Karen Weathers

ConsumersGuides.com

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake