BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 7:48pm
I put off doing the body peel today for as long as possible. Temps in the 60's does not work well for me. Considering I have to take 2 showers, and be unclothed for at least 15 minutes . But I did it, starting with my feet,legs, arms, torso and lips.
Have not been doing peels on my face, it is becoming too light, probably because of the Nadinola. There are still some discolored areas there, very little, but I notice them .
Things are working out well with my current routine. Loving the Oils on my body, and they are doing double duty because I am also using it on my hair

[<:o)]
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 7:57pm
I guess scarpenter was a troll. Luckily I did not respond to her/him right away.

Thank You BHM Monitors
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 12:58pm
Yesterday was spent moisturizing .   When I did my 2nd body peel I also did my lips for the first time, and my bottom lip peeled by the next morning. This week my top lip has started to peel. Bottom lip is starting to look pink . I can start back on my KS soap, and LA lotion today, but with the cooler temps it is very discouraging. Definitely not conducive to being unclothe for any length of time .
Guess I will have to pull up my big girl knickers and just do it.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:40pm
I did it !!! Yes, I did KS and LA lotion today. To fill in the time the KS was on, I D/C'd my hair , I kept warm and filled my time with something productive. My neck tolerated both KS and LA lotion also.
I LOVE it when things come together.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:41pm
This journey is going well, but exfoliation will come to an end at the end of this month . I have started researching products to even out my complexion. I am satisfied with the way it all worked out. When I place my arms over my chest, it no longer looks like night and day, it's more like sunrise and daylight. My face is relieved of most if the permatan. Overall, I am not one tone, there are still some blotchy areas, even though there are small I still see them !!!
Today was just LA lotion. Tomorrow KS soap and LA lotion.

Edited by Benni - Dec 12 2013 at 11:43pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 7:05pm
Great day for doing KS today....Temps in the 70's . My biggest complaints have always been "It's too cold to remain unclothe".

My face which in my opinion was the deepest permatanned part of my body, was the first to recover and come closest back to natural. I think the Nadinola really helped once I exfoliated the tougher outer layers of skin. I was not as diligent with applying Nadinola to my elbows and knees, but am now encouraged.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 1:46am
5 Little Known-Facts Every Hydroquinone User Needs to Know – Immediately!
via: http://www.futurederm.com/2012/02/28/5-little-known-facts-every-hydroquinone-user-needs-to-know-immediately/

1.) Hydroquinone should be used in four-month cycles, alternating with kojic acid, azelaic acid, arbutin, and other lightening agents. (Especially if you have darker skin).

Hydroquinone works by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase, which is important in skin melanin (pigment) development. So for as long as you continue to use hydroquinone, you will inhibit tyrosinase, and hence pigment production.

Unfortunately, when you discontinue use of hydroquinone, your skin’s natural supply of tyrosinase will no longer be inhibited. Slowly but surely, your skin’s natural pigmentation will return.

If you’re thinking that you should never stop using hydroquinone, think again: In darker skinned patients, continued hydroquinone use has been associated with ochronosis, a darkening of the skin. It has been proposed this occurs because hydroquinone inhibits homogentisic acid oxidase within the skin, which in turn causes the dark-colored homogentisic acid to build-up within the skin with continued use. Interestingly enough, this phenomenon has only been documented in darker-skinned patients.

Still, to be on the safe side, most dermatologists recommend using hydroquinone in four-month cycles, alternated in the off months with other milder tyrosinase inhibitors, such as azelaic acid, kojic acid, and arbutin.works great when alternated for four months with hydroquinone, as mentioned above.

2.) Do NOT use any other products containing benzoyl peroxide while you are using products containing hydroquinone.

Use of hydroquinone with any products containing benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, or other peroxides may cause temporary staining of the skin (Drugs.com). This staining is temporary and can typically be removed with soap and water washing, but it’s best to avoid benzoyl peroxide-based acne treatments and oxygen-infusing skin care treatments, which typically contain hydrogen peroxide.

3.) Do NOT use any products containing resorcinol while you are using products containing hydroquinone.

Remember that skin darkening I was talking about earlier (ochronosis)? Unfortunately, ochronosis occurrence in persons with darker skins is a well-documented occurrence with combined use of resorcinol and hydroquinone. Hundreds of ochronosis cases have been documented from using resorcinol/hydroquinone combination treatments in South Africa before 1984 (Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 1997).

So I definitely would not recommend using hydroquinone with any of the new resorcinol skin lightening treatments, including Clarins Vital Light Serum and philosophy� Miracle Worker� Dark Spot Corrector�(shown above).�While I love these products on their own, I would not recommend combining them with any treatments containing hydroquinone, even for those with lighter skin types.

4.) Do NOT get hydroquinone anywhere near your eyes.

Despite popular belief that hydroquinone may cause cancer, hydroquinone’s most serious human health effect is pigmentation of the eye and permanent corneal damage (Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venearology, 2006). While this only occurs when the eye is directly exposed to hydroquinone, it is still a risk factor. It is therefore vitally important to avoid the eye area in applying hydroquinone-based creams.

5.) Hydroquinone has NOT been directly linked to cancer in humans – only mice.

Some believe that hydroquinone may cause cancer. This is false. How this rumor arose stems from a study that demonstrated mice exposed to hydroquinone developed liver tumors. However, these results were reported in a misleading fashion, as dermatological experts explained in a 2006 review in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology:

Instead of being harmful to the skin, hydroquinone increased the number of benign (non-cancerous) liver tumors, reducing the proportion of cancerous liver tumors in the mouse, showing a protective effect of hydroquinone. (For you science buffs out there, there was an increase in hepatic adenomas and a decrease in hepatocellular carcinomas).

As for other studies associating mouse kidney tumors with hydroquinone use, it has been argued that these are not relevant to humans. As Dr. David J. Goldberg, a clinical professor of dermatology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine states, “Over 100 scientific articles confirm hydroquinone is a safe topical for humans; no independent studies prove the opposite.”

Bottom Line

Of the skin-lightening and age spot-brightening agents out there, 4% hydroquinone is the most effective. Overall, it is considered to be safe, but it is important not to use hydroquinone in conjunction with any creams containing peroxides or resorcinol, to avoid the eye area completely, and to switch off with other agents every four months to lower the risk of ochronosis (skin darkening from the build-up of homogentisic acid). In addition, if you have darker skin, you may wish to speak to your dermatologist first, as ochronosis is much more common in those with darker skin tones.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:01pm
Something new today . Today I used Dudu Osun soap for the first time. I have been hearing so many different things about this soap, good, bad, and indifferent. Picked up a bar of it at a local Korean BSS for $2.99.
Things I've read...
It stings/burn on contact with the skin.
It is very drying.
Don't allow it to come in contact with your 'bits and pieces'.

It can be used as a Shampoo.
It exfoliates.
It lightens and brightens the skin.
It leaves the skin squeaky clean.

With conflicting reviews I just had to try for myself . Once I was in the shower and had my hair wet, I rubbed the soap in my wet hands and went for my scalp....OMG !! It suds up right away, so I massaged and rinsed. My hair was soft, not at all the drying feel of some shampoos. I even did it twice .
Feeling full of myself, I then suds up my glove and started at my feet and worked my way up thinking if I felt anything hinky, I am already in the shower, what's the harm. Well, there was no harm at all .
I actually loved this soap. I felt brave enough to use in on my face and finicky neck.   It was not drying on my skin, which is normal to dry. It worked great as a shampoo, and I also prefer it as a cleansing soap over the Dove while exfoliating. Dove is moisturizing, and maybe left too much on my skin which acted as a barrier for my LA lotion, and peels. I have done well in the past 6 weeks, could it have been better .
I would definitely continue using Dudu Osun soap for the rest of this month.
All in all, a great purchase for $2.99, no waiting, no S&H

This is only the first time use. Hope it does not change after multiple use
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 7:31pm
Dudu Osun..Tropical..Naturals

Ingredients...Pure Honey, Shea Butter, Osun(Camwood), Palmkernel Oil, Cocoa pod ash, Palm bunch ash, Aloe Vera, Lime juice, Water & Fragrance.
It is made in Nigeria, and has an exp date.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 12:39am
Quote from SKINTRIUM

Tips for Using a Face Spot Remover

Sun damage, hyperpigmentation from fluctuation of hormones, acne scars, and age can all lead to unsightly spotting on your skin. As the population who worshipped the sun ages, more people become concerned with these issues. With more products hitting the shelves to address these dark spots, it may be confusing to know the best course of action. Below are some tips on how to lighten spots at home and how to use a face spot remover for maximum results.

Fading dark spots at home

If you want to gradually, naturally reduce the appearance of dark spots on your face or body, you can easily find the necessary ingredients in the kitchen. Lactic acid from milk helps brighten and lighten skin for a more even skin tone, gently fading spots. Simply mix milk and ice cubes together in a bowl, soak a washcloth in the mixture and place it over your face for five minutes before rinsing with cold water. The formula is gentle enough that you can do this every other day (or every day) as needed.

Another easy solution is to use a gentle scrub to slough off that top layer of skin with the discolorations. Combine a quarter cup of brown sugar with two tablespoons of milk and apply it to your face. Gently scrub, then let sit for 10 to 15 minutes (this may become itchy) before rinsing with cold water. Follow with a moisturizer and sunblock (if you use the scrub during the day, otherwise you can omit the sunblock if you’re just going to bed after the treatment).

When the face spot remover becomes necessary

For very dark spots, large areas of pigmentation, or spots that have been resistant to other treatments, you may need to bring in professional face spot removers. Make sure you read the label and use products that don’t use harmful hydroquinone to lighten the spots. Banned in Europe, hydroquinone might be a carcinogen. Spot lighteners and erasers that rely on kojic acid, glycolic acid or Vitamin C safely and permanently remove spots without exposing your skin to harmful cancer-causing agents.

For best results, prep the skin with a gentle cleanser before using the spot lightening agent.

Apply the face spot remover product specifically to the dark patches, and leave on for period of time as directed by the instructions.

Ideally, you’ll use the spot eraser twice a day; when you apply it in the morning, make sure you protect your skin with sunblock as it is likely to be more sensitive to UV rays. Also, be sure to use a moisturizer to keep it hydrated after treatment.

Preventing dark spots from forming

There’s a reason the saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is so popular in health, beauty, and medical communities. The best way to keep your face flawless is to prevent the spots from appearing in the first place.

The number one thing to do to keep your skin flawless is to always, always use sun protection, rain or shine, whether you spend most of your time indoors or out (especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors!). UV rays causes your skin to produce more melanin to protect itself, which leads a tan—if the development is even, and sun spots—if patches of skin get darker faster than other areas.

Good nutrition also helps keep your skin healthy and spot-free. Tomatoes, green tea, blueberries, safflower oil, and dark chocolate can help with warding off the signs of sun damage and aging, so try to work them into your diet on a daily or weekly basis.

And finally, exfoliate as frequently as your skin can handle—sensitive, dry skin may not be able to withstand much exfoliation, while oily, thick skin may be able to handle exfoliation every other day. Exfoliation keeps debris from building up on your skin’s surface and in your pores. This helps keeps your skin clear of acne and acne-related dark spots.

By combining preventative care with powerful spot removers, you should be able to achieve the spotless skin you want.

Edited by Benni - Dec 15 2013 at 12:42am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>