Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:00pm
R.I.P.   Nelson Mandela

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:17pm
PIH....POST INFLAMMATORY HYPERPIGMENTATION

The following info was copied and pasted

HQ, retinoids, chemical peels, are all useful, as well as Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C AHA), Azelaic acid, Topical Corticosteroid Creams, and Microdermabrasion.

Sunblock is a must!!!

In addition, the following ingredients reduce the incidence of PIH

1. The Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Salicylic Acid is a chemical exfoliating agent often used to fight acne. Salicylic Acid is oil-based and does not work on the surface like Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), but rather penetrates oil-clogged pores and breaks down the dead skin cells found there so they can slough off. By reducing inflammation, BHA creams also reduce the occurrence of PIH.

2. N-Acetyl Glucosamine* inhibits the production of melanin in skin cells thereby preventing the formation of PIH.

3. Niacinamide* (Vitamin B) inhibits the movement of melanin up to the visible skin layers. Excess melanasomes (cells which transport melanin to the surface) are trapped where the dark pigment won’t show. Eventually the cells die and the debris is absorbed by the body.

* N-Acetyl Glucosamine and Niacinamide have been shown to be more effective in combination than either one alone. Scientists theorize this is because the combined formula attacks hyperpigmentation at two different points: melanin production; and melanin transportation.

The results of three rigorous clinical trials of N-Acetyl Glucosamine combined with Niacinamide were presented at the 2006 mid-year meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. The complex produced visible improvement in pigmentation after eight weeks.

Before and after photos (courtesy of P&G Beauty) were taken under polarized lighting conditions, optimized to produce an evenly lit color image.

[The studies also showed increased collagen production. This would be of interest to anyone with the type of hyperpigmentation referred to as age spots, which is commonly accompanied by thinning skin and wrinkles.]

4. Azelaic Acid (available in prescription Finacea) is believed to be toxic to melanocytes (the cells which produce melanin) and to prevent their proliferation.

5. Your doctor may prescribe steroidal glucocorticoids to stop the inflammation which triggers PIH.

The following Ingredients Speed up the Fading Process of PIH:

- Hydroquinone is the most effective skin lightener and has the longest track record. It is available OTC in 1 to 2% concentration. Adverse reactions are rare at these lower concentrations. Hydroquinone is not stable and needs to be kept away from light and air. If it turns brown you know it is no longer effective.

- Kojic Acid

- Licorice Extract

- Arbutin

Other ingredients work by exfoliation. By speeding cell turnover, exfoliants hasten the ascent of excess PIH melanin to the surface where it will slough off.

Don't expect overnight results. Melanin is formed at the basal layer of the epidermis and takes about a month to rise to the surface.

So while you're exfoliating the visible layer of skin, new melanin may already be on its way to the surface (unless you are taking steps to stop melanin production and/or transport).

[Extracted from: Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation]

Edited by Benni - Dec 05 2013 at 5:19pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:36pm
I seriously just lost a post.... Are you kidding me !!!

Screw it. I am not doing it over now.
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 1:28pm
So I had a bit of a meltdown last night when my post disappeared. I don't like wasting time.

Anyway. I think I made a proper decision to alternate my use of KS soap. and LA lotion. As exfoliation progresses, the less aggressive I must be with the Acids, but it is working out quite well.
I did KS soap for 45 mins on the body, but the last 5 mins I applied it to my face and neck. I have not been putting LA lotion on my neck, just hydrocortisone cream and Oils. The PIH is lightening with a little residual itching.
Elbows are blending in perfectly with my arms .
I have been applying LA lotion to the soles of my feet, and last night after I used the Ped-Egg and removed so much dead skin it was scary. My feet feels so soft and smooth this morning.
Continuing to apply Oils this morning, and LA lotion planned for after shower.
I have had to figure out what to do depending on the needs of my skin at any given time. Exfoliating safely.

THOSE WHO NEVER CHANGE THEIR MIND, PROBABLY DON'T HAVE A MIND TO CHANGE

Edited by Benni - Dec 06 2013 at 1:34pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 2:24pm
Today is supposed to be KS soap day, but it's 59 degrees and raining. I am not used to this weather, and will have to remain unclothe for about 45 mins . I will do it though, but keep putting it off. This regimen is working great for me. It is mostly effortless, and progressive.
It is hard to keep any treatments on my hands because I am always having to have my hands in water. Last night I layered 2 LA lotions and slept with non-latex and cotton gloves. Maybe tonight, KS soap and gloves

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:13am
I shed a layer of skin while showering today. Freaked me out!!! I don't know where the heck it came from. I did not notice any area of my body peeling prior to showering. I had KS soap on for about 50 mins, no burning or discomfort. There was just skin in the drain filter. At first I thought it was hair until I cleaned the filter, and realized it wasn't. I never expected to see anything like this. Microexfoliation was what I expected. Anyway, I oiled my body very well, expecting to touch a raw area, but NADA !!!!
My skin is looking great though, especially my elbows.

DO WE HAVE NEW EMOTICONS ?? THANK YOU BHM
Janeru-W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janeru-W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 3:52pm
That skin peeling part freaked me out too Confused!! If I was to see that I'd be so scared lol but glad everything's looking great!
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Janeru-W Janeru-W wrote:

That skin peeling part freaked me out too Confused!! If I was to see that I'd be so scared lol but glad everything's looking great!

Hi Janeru-W; I had dreams about it last night .   On the Hair section of this site I have posted about Hair loss, so I have a fine strainer over my drain, and have been saving my hair week to week. This morining I looked at that stuff again, and it crumbled in my hands .
Thankfully it is okay. I didn't see where it came from, maybe it is a combination of placeson my body, but I certainly was not expecting it.

Thank You for responding

Edited by Benni - Dec 08 2013 at 9:56pm
Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by scarpenter scarpenter wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Hello,</span><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I was wondering if it would be possible to interview someone for a paper I am writing for an English course on this forum. I am a student at Georgia State University and I would greatly appreciate your help. If you are interested please send me a private message.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Thank you in advance.

Hello scarpenter; I will be happy to help in any way I can, however, this is all new for me. Will pm you tomorrow.

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 10:12pm
This was a day for using my Oils. I just LOVE how my skin accepts, and drinks it up. My skin is blending so well. The more the permatan lifts, the more there is to lift. Comparing photos of myself to 10 yrs ago, the difference in my complexion is obvious, but getting better compared to 1 mth ago.
Tomorrow is LA peel day.....

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System