Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 34>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:13pm
So....I made my Niacinamide 5% lotion It was soooooooo easy. Used the "Batch Calculator", and I looove the lotion. There was a down side .      After 2 hrs I decided to layer with my LA lotion on the 'problem areas' i.e knees & elbows. However, I noted 'briusing'   on my knees (too small to measure). So, now I know that the LA lotion is begining to be a problem, and that is over-exfoliation . I totally understand that because it's been more that three months of hard core exfoliation, and my skin has just about had it !!!     NO MAS   LA LOTION !! (at least for a while).
The B3 lotion is great. It absorbes quickly, and I just need to give it a chance. Old habits are so hard to break. I probably need to hide the LA lotion in my car, in the garage. .

Will follow up. No BIG!!!.   It is the end of an era , and I must move on to unchartered territory.....Growth!!!

Too much going on, no SSB today. Will LA peel Knees, Elbows, Feet & Soles tomorrow. Maybe..., depends on when the Plumber comes, and leaves. My life was pretty much in the toilet this weekend

Edited by Benni - Feb 09 2014 at 10:43pm
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 1:32am
I have been using Niacinamide (B3) lotion for the past 3 days. I am so happy with it. I've noticed as I massage it onto my skin, especially the elbows, there is peeling.   The B3 somehow enhances the action of the LA lotion. My skin is brighter already. I guess it is a good idea to mix things up a little, and not use any one thing continually. I have even applied it to my face at night.
I don't want to get too caught up in this skin even-ing crap much more than this, but I find myself occasionally thinking about making a B3 Serum, and other things .    This is like a black hole, it keeps trying to suck me in.
Still have not done a LA peel this week. Too much going on, but I've got to do it soon because my package has is on its way .

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:39pm
Being better about taking my MSM & Vit-C . Instead of trying to take a dose twice daily in 12 ozs water, I fill my 24 oz bottle with heaping 1/2 tsps and sip when needed. I have been doing this twice daily, so I get a little more than I have been getting in a 'time release' kind of way.
B3 lotion is working well. I find myself massaging it onto my 'problem areas', and get what looks like eraser shavings, then reapply. These areas are slowly becoming lighter. It will be a s-l-o-w process working on my elbows, especially.
Still using it on my face at night, and I am comfortable with that because it is mixed with Lubriderm.

I am giving this process another 4 months. Hopefully I will be at a point where I am quite happy with the results

Edited by Benni - Feb 13 2014 at 6:42pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 10:24pm
Used KS soap and LA lotion for the 1st time in 7-days. As expected, when rinsing off the soap, the water was quite brown.   
Planning on my bath tomorrow, just hoping I don't forego it again. It is becoming a habit.

Still waiting for my package

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:31pm
So, since I have the option to use Sea Salt Soap, or do the Salt Bath, I tend to choose the easy way out .
Did a LA peel (approx 30%) yesterday   . Left it on for about 8 mins. Body oils yesterday and today.
DIY'd a 15% Vit-C & MSM Serum. I had to improvise since it called for Coconut Oil, and Aloe Vera Gel    . This just did not make too much sense, because this Serum has to be kept refrigerated. Coconut Oil will go solid even out of the refrigerator   . I replaced the volume of Coconut Oil with a combination of Vit-E & Jojoba Oil. Love the Serum, it's not thick or oily. Absorbs well, and feels fantastic !! Love the DIY recipes that keep it simple . My frugality is sooooo evident

So my package finally made it to NYC

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 7:53pm
So here's the thing...Last week I have been using the DIY B3 (Niacinamide) Lotion. Althought it's only been a week, I have noticed differences...
In the past I posted the bright the "in-your-face" yellow tone I had. Since using the B3 lotion, it has toned down. I know the difference because I also know how often I am in, or outdoors. My tone is not so much "in-your- face" yellow, but now, more golden.
At first I did not appreciate it, but, it is more realistic.
The Kojic San soap, and LA lotion has made me look more pale, but using the B3 lotion for a week has brought a 'richness' to my tone.
Even though I loved the pale yellow I had, I felt compelled to stay indoors, rather than go out and risk 'darkening' or tanning, which I knew is always a possibality, you know ??
This skin thing really does play with your mind.
Luckily most of my 'gray cells' was geared toward losing the permatan, so I am still okay. This really can make a person lose focus.
Seeing your skin become lighter in some weird way makes you feel different. Just keeping it real, and in perspective.

Being human is not so straight forward. It is a convoluted maze of crap.
Life goes on....

Stay focused.....

Edited by Benni - Feb 19 2014 at 8:05pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:10pm
In addition, Keep in mind that I am also taking Vit C, and MSM daily.

This is all trial for me. I will use what I have on hand, and not going overboard with products.

PERMATAN REMOVAL!!!

Need to even out (or try to) for now. It is my ultimate goal.   Not whitening!!!!

I really loved the lighting effect I had, but avoiding the sun is a .   I know it is not possible to maintain that, and enjoy what is left of my life, joy, and happiness.

SHADE !!! SHADE...

Are we truly that color blind....

Fruit for thought
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:23pm
How fast does the KS start working? I'm ordering some off eBay and I want to get results before spring break March 24th bc I'm going to see my boo and want to look perfect. TIA!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by colemlrch colemlrch wrote:

How fast does the KS start working? I'm ordering some off eBay and I want to get results before spring break March 24th bc I'm going to see my boo and want to look perfect. TIA!

Hi Colemlrch; I actually saw changes within the first 4-7 days. Keep in mind I was also using Amlactin, then added Lactic Acid to it to increase from their 12% to approx 15-17%.
You will get great results by 03/24. Not visual peeling, but lighter skin.
Don't forget your sun protection !!!

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:58pm
Finally!!!!!
Got my package from India .
I will do one last KS and LA lotion today, so by the beginning of March I can start dark spot treating for a week, twice daily, then upper body (face, neck, decollete' and arms).
B3 lotion and Vit-C/MSM serum still working out great. I hope they 'play nice' with with this new regimen .

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 34>
  Share Topic