Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE
    Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 11:42pm
The journey begins...
I used to be medium skin tone, with a culturally mixed background. 5 yrs ago I noticed that my summer tan did not go away, the following year's tan just added to the previous year, and so on. So, I changed from a 'medium' BB/CC cream to dark. All my family members whom I've seen this past year asked 'why are youso dark ?? I have since come to find out this is called a 'Permatan' ????
Our makeup, hair colour, and clothing was somehow incorporated with our skin tone.
This is MY journey, so those who feel the need to say 'accept your skin colour', that is exactly what I am doing, 'cause this ain't it !! I want mine back !!!

Anyway,I have been using Nadinola fade cream for the past 4 days (evening of 10/25).I have seen a very slight difference, then again, I am not expecting miracles.

Today I got my Kojic Acid Soap, and Amlactin Lotion. These are for my 'Exfoliation', which should last 2 months. Not too bad considering I have gone without sunscreen/sunblock for 30+ yrs. Yes, I now know that we should be wearing some type of sun protection even when we are indoors. Especially if we are near windows. I am perky only when the sun is out .   I hate gloomy days.

Today 10/30..
I showered, then rubbed the Koji-Soap over my body, and let it stay on for for 20+ mins.( It's day-1, and I am not in a hurry), the Soap has "Acid" in its name .   It left a white-ish film as it dried. Then I rinsed, and used my body scrubber. Dried, and waited some time to apply Amlactin from neck to toe. I continued to use Nadinola on my face.

I may update daily , or at least weekly.   
Not looking forward to my bi-weekly salt bath I am a shower gal. Yesterday's bath left me exhausted and sleepy.

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 12:12am
Ooops ...forgot to mention I also purchased Neutrogena Age Shield 70 SPF SunBLOCK with Helioplex for my face when outdoors. I will continue to use the SPF 30 Sunscreen I already have when indoors. Right now my face is darkest !!!!

Wearing long sleeves will have to suffice for the rest of my body for now.

I am loving Hats !! It also works well for my hair as well as my face
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 2:25pm
It is the morning after..........
I purchased 2 types of Kojic Acid Soap, the original for my body, and Dream White anti-aging for my face since it is supposed less drying.
My determination so far is that I may not be 'soaping' my face daily in this initial phase. Even though my face is most sun damaged, the skin is still too delicate for this soap. When my facial skin get used to the soap, I will wash with it daily, then twice daily (yet to be determined). For now, it will be every other day.
Loving the Amlactin Lotion . It was $13+ on sale at Costco ($4 off the original price), so I will be getting a few more before the sale ends. I've heard it works wonders for the soles of the feet with exfoliation of those thick layers.

After washing my face this morning, I applied Vit-C serum, and moisturizer with SPF 30. Amlactin lotion on the body.
I will continue to use Nadinola at night on my face and neck.
Use the Kojic Soap on my body, then Amlactin lotion at night.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:17pm
MY SECOND APPLICATION...

So this may be broken into sections while I gather my thoughts

I showered, then rubbed Kojic Acid Soap all over the body to my toes. There was some left over on my hands, so I rubbed it on my face. I know, I said I will do my face every other day, but I did not want to wash my hands because I need exfoliation there. I may have mentioned somewhere on this Forum that I am frugal . I waste NOTHING!!!
To pass the time, I did some mindless exercise which lasted about 25 mins . The rinse and 'scrub' gave the effect of hair after a sulfate shampoo. Kind of dry.

FOR MY FACE.. I dotted with some Nadinola, then rubbed together in my hands a few drops of EVOO to combat the dryness.

FOR THE BODY...Amlactin Lotion. I finally experienced the 'odor' I heard of on SCT. It was mildly acidic. I guess this is normal due to the Lactic Acid in the Lotion and Kojic Acid in the Soap. I was concerned that I may have gotten some 'bootleg' soap from Amazon . Not anymore

Edited by Benni - Oct 31 2013 at 8:20pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 9:52pm
MY OBSTACLES

My face (in my opinion) is similar to that of Flavor Flav. My Neck and decollete' is 2 shades lighter. My chest and torso is similar to my Avitar. My upper arms are splotchy with dark brown and light brown. Elbows are a very dark calloused mess. I don't wear sleeveless anything !!!
Forearms not too bad...a caramel color.
Surprisingly, my thighs are darker than my lower legs which are more exposed...WTH !!

My knees are not too bad just old scars that tends to lighten on their own. Now, my thighs, just above my knees are darker because sometimes when I am sitting I tend to place my elbows there, and that pressure darkens that area.

All in all, my body contradicts itself tone-wise.

I am really just tired of foregoing certain items of clothing because they don't cover the parts of my body that I am self conscious of.

Maybe I can never get an overall eveness, but I hope to get close.

Edited by Benni - Oct 31 2013 at 9:56pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 6:00pm
Plantains, or bananas as they are commonly known, have vast and varied uses in the process to skin care. They can be used for regular skin maintenance as well as to treat some skin ailments. Plantains are particularly useful in treating excessively dry skin. You can let a plantain become overripe, mash it and then mix it with fresh milk cream. This can be applied to areas where the skin is particularly dry. You can also add a few drops of lime juice to this mix. This will sanitize your skin and will also help to lighten the color of the skin from particularly dark areas. The best way to tell if a plantain is over ripe is to examine the skin. If the skin has more black spots on it than yellow spaces, then you know that the plantain is too ripe to eat. Some people also call this the rotten stage. It is definitely the beginning of the rot of the fruit. An excellent fruit pack can also be made with plantain. After a facial, you would need to apply a pack to tone your skin. You can use overripe plantains, peaches and papayas to make a very effective fruit pack. This can be mixed with honey and be applied to your face for excellent toning as well as evening out the color of the skin. This mix will also impart collagen to your skin. Collagen will help to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.

Plantains can also give back the glow your skin may have lost due to age. You can make a pack of one mashed plantain and a whole egg and whip this. This can be applied at least once a week and left on till it begins to dry. Wash with water for excellent results. Plantains are considered to be extremely effective in anti aging properties. This is because they contain all the ingredients that the skin has stopped manufacturing naturally. There is a vast variety of minerals, vitamins and proteins that are required by the skin to keep it looking naturally healthy and fresh. After the age of around 35, the natural production of most of these things decreases, gradually coming to a stop by the time most people reach 50 years of age. In order to replenish the skin with these ingredients, bananas are the best substance to do the job. They can be used every week, and will also not have any side effects.

by Steph in Skin Problems
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 11:34pm
MY 3RD APPLICATION

As expected not much has changed. I did not use the Kojie Soap on my face this morning, but I did use my Toner. I have been forgetting that step. 50/50 ACV and water. Vit-C Serum, and moisturizer with SPF.

I did however notice a rash like appearance on my Neck and Chest. No itching. This afternoon I showered, then rubbed Kojic Acid Soap, and left that of for 20 minutes, rinsed and applied Amlactin after 20 mins. There was a slight burning to the irritated area on my neck, which quickly subsided. Nadinola to my face.

I will be doing a Salt bath this weekend using Epsom Salts. Not looking forward to sitting in a tub for 20-30 mins. No reading in there, I value my Books too much to turn pages with wet fingers. Wish I had a Television in the bathroom

Anyhow, this will be a tedious process, but a viable process just the same.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 2:32pm
I left Kojic 'anti-aging' soap on my face for 15 mins this morning. Rinsed and applied toner. While waiting, before applying Vit-C serum, I noted a tightness to the face. Also, although I have not noted any outward signs of exfoliation, I did notice that after applying my moisturized, there was no 'pilling'. This has been troubling for me in the past because I knew that my skin was not absorbing the moisturizer, it was just sitting on top of my skin . So, something wonderful is already happening

I am still a little confused regarding the 'rash-like' appearance on my neck last night. I am still not clear, but wondered if it was related to the Sulfa/MN mix that I massage onto my scalp. I also GHE, so the oil may be getting onto my neck. I will have to pay closer attention, and continually wipe my neck with a damp cloth, and apply the Amlactin lotion later, just before sleep. I planned to discontinue the Sulfa/MN anyway when the mix I currently have is used up.

Putting off the dreaded 'bath' until tomorrow. How does one spent 20 mins, or any time for that matter, just sitting in a tub

I have lots of Fruits and Veggies to juice, so I am off
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

MY OBSTACLES

My face (in my opinion) is similar to that of Flavor Flav. My Neck and decollete' is 2 shades lighter. My chest and torso is similar to my Avitar. My upper arms are splotchy with dark brown and light brown. Elbows are a very dark calloused mess. I don't wear sleeveless anything !!!
Forearms not too bad...a caramel color.
Surprisingly, my thighs are darker than my lower legs which are more exposed...WTH !!

My knees are not too bad just old scars that tends to lighten on their own. Now, my thighs, just above my knees are darker because sometimes when I am sitting I tend to place my elbows there, and that pressure darkens that area.

All in all, my body contradicts itself tone-wise.

I am really just tired of foregoing certain items of clothing because they don't cover the parts of my body that I am self conscious of.

Maybe I can never get an overall eveness, but I hope to get close.

so your face is the color of flava flav flavor_flav

But your body is the color of your avi...Avatara white person??

I don't think that can be caused by sun?? Maybe medication?

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Nov 02 2013 at 3:05pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 12:44am
@Jewelsnyc, That Favor Flav comment was "(in my opinion)" . That is how I see my face. You know we can be our own worst critics. But, i'm not far off.
I am not on any Meds. I am kinda phobic about that. I only take Vits, even then I am not consistent , just conveniently forgetful.

ps The Avi is not white. Have you seen the hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>