Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Taniel View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair wont take relaxers
    Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 9:21pm

Since I've started stretching my relaxers (6 months), I've never been able to get it straight-straight lol. I mean my hair would be straight when wet but as it dries it slowly curls back up, except it's more relaxed. I don't mix oils or anything...I tried no lye my last relaxer and the same thing happened. I was reading Andre's book and he said that healthy hair won't take relaxers no matter what (on some people)..Any opinions on this.?

Edited by Taniel - Jun 25 2009 at 12:16am
Sponsored Links

treatlove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 9:31pm
I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM, THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME THIS TIME WAS SUPREME MIXED WITH OLIVE ONLY.  THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAD A GOOD RELAXER.
Taniel View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by treatlove treatlove wrote:

I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM, THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME THIS TIME WAS SUPREME MIXED WITH OLIVE ONLY.  THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAD A GOOD RELAXER.
That's the name of the relaxer or supreme as in super? I tried super this time.
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 11:25pm

Since you have so much ng you have to work really quickly. After a long stretch I would ask someone for help and you can do half and they can do half that way you have more time for smoothing. I only had 2 months worth of ng and I didn't get my hair bone straight, so I know what you mean. Next time dh is gonna help me whether he likes it or notEvil%20Smile

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 11:30pm
I agree with prettigurl

Get some assistance.. After long stretches, I could never get my relaxers to take "right" so my friends or my beautician knew what time it was LOL..
Taniel View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 12:18am
Thanks, I'll try that next time, but I called myself smoothing longer this time....
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 12:35am
A slightly different response...

I was sitting behind a young girl in church last Sunday.  She was maybe 9 or 10 yrs old and had just got her first relaxer.  Her hair was beautiful... long & very thick.  She had alot of texture still left in her hair.  In essence she was texlaxed!  Her mom probably didn't mean to texlax her hair... 9 times out of 10 she followed the directions on the box!  She did right.

My point.  If you really follow the directions on the box (the time chart appropriate for your texture/thickness.  Your hair is basically texlaxed.  We however have the tendency to expect relaxers to completely straighten our texture tresses which results in a ultra straight sleek look.  This however is not the intended purpose.  The relaxer is not intended to break all the bonds of your hair.  (My hair was just like that young girls the first couple years of relaxing, however after repeted overlapping, there was less & less texture and my hair thinned.  Same number of strands, just straighter/less textured strands)

Now really my point, lol.  Your hair probably isn't getting as straight after long stretches because its completely virgin unrelaxed hair.  Longer stretches help to prevent overlap.  No matter how hard I tried there was always overlap (even if it comes during the rinsing process).  When you relax every 4-6/8 weeks overlap is inevitable.  So most of the hair has been relaxed atleast twice = very straight hair to which you're accoustomed.  Longer stretches mean less overlap = less straight (because it hasn't been processed multiple times.)

My final point and reason for posting.  Don't stress too much if your hair is not as straight as it use to be.  Your hair is HEALTHIER.  Lavish it and love it.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.  (No need to shop for the strongest relaxer on the market.)  Wink
Taniel View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 1:44am
Got Damn! That's a good ass point. I made the thread because when I was relaxing my hair every 4-6 weeks my hair was sleeker, so I thought I was doing something wrong and losing my touch lol. When I started my journey, I cut off all my relaxed ends (don't have pictures of it) and ever since then I had the "problem"..I mean from the roots to the ends of my hair, I still have a s curl pattern...
belladiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 6:54am
Good point nicole23
nessiekins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Nichole23 Nichole23 wrote:

A slightly different response...

I was sitting behind a young girl in church last Sunday.  She was maybe 9 or 10 yrs old and had just got her first relaxer.  Her hair was beautiful... long & very thick.  She had alot of texture still left in her hair.  In essence she was texlaxed!  Her mom probably didn't mean to texlax her hair... 9 times out of 10 she followed the directions on the box!  She did right.

My point.  If you really follow the directions on the box (the time chart appropriate for your texture/thickness.  Your hair is basically texlaxed.  We however have the tendency to expect relaxers to completely straighten our texture tresses which results in a ultra straight sleek look.  This however is not the intended purpose.  The relaxer is not intended to break all the bonds of your hair.  (My hair was just like that young girls the first couple years of relaxing, however after repeted overlapping, there was less & less texture and my hair thinned.  Same number of strands, just straighter/less textured strands)

Now really my point, lol.  Your hair probably isn't getting as straight after long stretches because its completely virgin unrelaxed hair.  Longer stretches help to prevent overlap.  No matter how hard I tried there was always overlap (even if it comes during the rinsing process).  When you relax every 4-6/8 weeks overlap is inevitable.  So most of the hair has been relaxed atleast twice = very straight hair to which you're accoustomed.  Longer stretches mean less overlap = less straight (because it hasn't been processed multiple times.)

My final point and reason for posting.  Don't stress too much if your hair is not as straight as it use to be.  Your hair is HEALTHIER.  Lavish it and love it.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.  (No need to shop for the strongest relaxer on the market.)  Wink

i totally agree!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic