Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair wont burn
    Posted: May 27 2008 at 9:57pm
I've been burning my shed hair since I was a child, but I am getting a stockpile of it because it won't burn.   I have a nice bundle of hair in the ashtray that has about 6 matches stuck in it from me trying to burn it up, with no haps....I feel like I should use some heat just to see what happens....Does any body else have hair that won't catch a fire????Confused
Sponsored Links

talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2008 at 10:04pm

I'm confused Toya, why are you burning your hair?  I have never tried to do that before.

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2008 at 11:12pm
I burn my shed hair instead of just throwing it out....My granny taught me that...LOL
Drea1974 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2008 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by mstoya25 mstoya25 wrote:

I burn my shed hair instead of just throwing it out....My granny taught me that...LOL

My grandmother is from Mississippi and her mother was Creole. It was believed (and probably is very true) that you should burn your shed hair so that your enemies can not use it to create a voodoo doll from it and inflict great grief and harm upon you. My Grandmother taught me the same thing and I have been doing it for a long time.
 As for the resistant hair burning, it is because we nolonger use flammable products in our hair so it does not catch fire as easily. I light a piece of paper sit my hair on it and then light two more and sit them on top of the hair, that has worked for me quite well. HTH hair buddySmile
bsquared86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 1:03am
my fam says that too (they're also from the south) but i don't think there are any folks out here in LA that know about voodoo so my shed strands are safe, lol.

but i agree that we don't use flammable products as much in our hair anymore that's probably why it's not burning quick.
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 6:03am
Originally posted by mstoya25 mstoya25 wrote:

my mum use to tell me to put them in a banana tree but there's no banana tree london this isn't the caribbean. they also said to burn my hair but i don't like the smell so i just throw it in the bin.

wow girl you have super hair. it's a good thing it doesn't burn it can stand up to heat and what not.
i want fire proof hair it wouldn't get heat damage then
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 9:07am

Thanks for the responses ladies, but I haven't used a "product" on my hair in over a year....It was burning just fine a month ago....But on a positve note, I could probably flat iron my hair every now and then with little damage, huh?   I have the hair sitting with matches stuck in it, and I tried a lighter, too.  Nothing, just a little smoke....And yes, burning the hair has a lot to do with superstition....LOL 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 9:31am
interesting.  My Mom is from NC and never shared anything like that with me.  Dad's fam is from GA & the Sudan & Morocco.

My Mom's best friend is Bahamian, and she spoke of vodoo, etc.  but never shared the hair thing with me.  There is a story that someone stole here hair and she was affected.  I was a small child at the time, so never got the full scoop.

Not sure how much I am interested in burning hair, we had a fire last April and (luckily) didn't lose anything, it spread to other's homes and they lost everything, so I am not starting any intentional fires.  Actually, last night we smelled fire and freaked, realized it was an old wood BBQGeek of our neighbors.

I just trash mine as well.

Good to hear of your hair's strength Toya, guess you're good to flat iron!
2bBsL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 10:01am
i usually flush mine, i used to be paranoid and would rip off the white bulbs at the end, but it got tedious so i stopped.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 10:42am

Originally posted by 2bBsL 2bBsL wrote:

i usually flush mine, i used to be paranoid and would rip off the white bulbs at the end, but it got tedious so i stopped.

I sneak and flush mine, DH says it clogs the toiletConfused  dunno if it's true or not...

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic