Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Types
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair Type?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
redglare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redglare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Hair Type?
    Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 10:13pm
Hello! I've done my big chop and I have about four months of hair growth. Now, it gets wet very easily and holds moisture for a few hours. When it dries, it becomes very 'o' shaped and close to my scalp. I have moderate shrinkage. The bits of hair that is not curly has a very loose wave to it when wet, and dry. My hair is very thick. If I tried to straighten, it'd take hours. It is very soft when wet, and dry.
I've included some pictures of when it is wet.

Sponsored Links

passion89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passion89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 2:34pm
I think possibly 4a

Edited by passion89 - Feb 09 2014 at 2:35pm
salon5nsw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salon5nsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:33pm
Looking so good your hair.
Curly B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 1:56pm
Ur highlights are cute. May I ask how u uploaded ur pics?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 2:54pm

It looks like you have a combination of 4b, 4a, and 4c. The loose, wispy almost spiky wave is the 4b hair. Those are the hardest to clump, but when they do, they form a zig zag. I will post examples of my own hair and my friends for reference. The bigger coils are 4a(size of pen diameter, w/o product), and the tight coils (size of pen tip or penspring when fully shrunk, or doesn't clump. with out product) are 4c. 4a tends to be easier to clump than 4c.

Reference chart

4c hair(max hydrated)

4b hair in the front section(max hydrated)

4a hair (max hydration method, 1ST TIME)

4c hair, defined used MHM.

product defining technique for short hair, 1.5 inches and lower

if your hair is an inch or shorter, rubbing it all over your head might not work for tighter coils, like the 4c and 4b hair-- plus you'd be asking for coagulation and flakes from product. The most effective way would be to focus on one area at a time, using your fingers in and moving very fast in sharp small circular motions. You want to focus on the root of the curl. You want to put the weight on your elbows, not your fingertips, and just apply conditioner and then gel as you go along.
Focus on the root of the curl with your fingers. If you just swirl the top, it wont work effectively. That's why palm rolling over the hair wont give you root to tip definition on your tighter coils like above. Basically you want to think about it like you're giving your self a scalp massage.

Max hydration method, w/ testimony pictures throughout the post:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page1.html

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 19 2014 at 3:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair