FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy hair type chart, with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2007 at 5:15pm
Great! I'm glad that some people are finding it helpful. It's not exactly like the original one, because I had to find my own pictures. But it is close. I know it helped me a lot, although I feel as if I am going up and down on the chart all the time, depending on how I style my hair!LOL
Sponsored Links

Romeosgirl81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2007 at 8:22pm
thanks for posting, can you tell me if i have 4a or 3c, look in my avator! tia

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 4:53am
Romeosgirl, you look to me like you have 3b7 hairWink
sperry4672 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 9:27am
This is a great chart.   I really wish there were more hair charts that showed what different textures for each category looked like.  I'm supposedly 3b/3c, but most of the women I see with 3b hair have way less textured hair than me, so it's hard to use them as examples.
Romeosgirl81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2007 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by AfroGerman_Girl AfroGerman_Girl wrote:

Romeosgirl, you look to me like you have 3b7 hair[IMG]http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley2.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />

thanks!
Only1biancab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2007 at 9:20am

I realise that this chart is not perfect. I looked for pictures that were as close as possible to the old BB typing system. Anyway, just thought I'd share

No, it's great that you posted.  When I saw you said you might make a hair chart in the other thread, I just thought that it might be helpful to everybody on here not just straight 3s.  Even mixtures like 3c/4A is left the same.

But this is the system that Blended Beauty made because their products revolve around curls, so I understand.  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2007 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Only1biancab Only1biancab wrote:

I realise that this chart is not perfect. I looked for pictures that were as close as possible to the old BB typing system. Anyway, just thought I'd share

No, it's great that you posted.  When I saw you said you might make a hair chart in the other thread, I just thought that it might be helpful to everybody on here not just straight 3s.  Even mixtures like 3c/4A is left the same.

But this is the system that Blended Beauty made because their products revolve around curls, so I understand.  

I agree with you that not all 3a's, 3c's, 4a's and 4b's are created equal. I'm sure there are differences just like with type 3b. Apart from 3c (that's the type my daughter has), I have no personal experience with type 4 hair, so I'm not really savvy when it comes to this type. Maybe some members with type 4 hair could share on how to improve that part of the chart?Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2007 at 3:33pm
^Hmm, that's a good question.  To me, that 4b pic isn't clear.  I'm not sure how many categories there should be but I've seen at least two type besides 4a.

One of them has no curl pattern and it's in the 4 family.  It's kind of straight-ish.  And I've noticed on a couple of people on NP like natitwists (you can check nati's album: public.fotki.com/natitwists), Miss Popularity, Fatty_Girl06, Anais Karim.

And then there's the one with no curl pattern and lots of shrinkage called CNapps on NP.  Examples of people that have it, cheetarah, Nappy Me, AuNappturale (public.fotki.com/Aunappturale), SoulSista934 (public.fotki.com/SoulSista934), cheetarah, Nappy Me, guapa1.  Some would call it 4b, but 4b is supposed to be zs.  I'll leave room for the possiblity of that to exist and say that these are separate.

There's probably so many categories but those are the two I've seen the most examples of. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2007 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Only1biancab Only1biancab wrote:

^Hmm, that's a good question.  To me, that 4b pic isn't clear.  I'm not sure how many categories there should be but I've seen at least two type besides 4a.

One of them has no curl pattern and it's in the 4 family.  It's kind of straight-ish.  And I've noticed on a couple of people on NP like natitwists (you can check nati's album: public.fotki.com/natitwists), Miss Popularity, Fatty_Girl06, Anais Karim.

And then there's the one with no curl pattern and lots of shrinkage called CNapps on NP.  Examples of people that have it, cheetarah, Nappy Me, AuNappturale (public.fotki.com/Aunappturale), SoulSista934 (public.fotki.com/SoulSista934), cheetarah, Nappy Me, guapa1.  Some would call it 4b, but 4b is supposed to be zs.  I'll leave room for the possiblity of that to exist and say that these are separate.

There's probably so many categories but those are the two I've seen the most examples of. 

When you say straight-ish: is it possible that it is highly textured type 1 hair?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2007 at 8:45pm
I don't think it fits into 1s.  It's an afro so it's a 4 to me, but it's really soft, fine hair.  I don't know how to describe it.  If you look in nati's album, you'll see what I mean.  Miss Popularity and Fatty Girl have the same type of hair but I've seen their pictures mainly in threads.  I dunno, it kinda looks like blowdried hair but it still a fro.  It's not like straight hair with frizz or anything like that.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
  Share Topic