Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 5:37pm
[QUOTE=PrettiGirl]

I exercise daily, and I've just started to wear weaves so my question is, how do you wash your sewn in hair and rinse without getting the braids wet?? And since I exercise I have to do something to the braids because I sweat in my head, so what is a good way to wash the braids without them becoming too loose too quick?

[/QUOTE) It requires little skill! It's best done in the shower,where you can gently shampoo the hair and rinse the hair without getting too much on the braids! Getting a little water on the braids here and there won't kill you,but to constantly soak them on a regular will be asking for funky trouble,especially the older the weave gets and the more humidity you have to deal with.
Sponsored Links

PrettiGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 5:39pm

That makes sense. I will try that next time. But what do you suggest for the braids, since I exercise a lot and they get itchy? Maybe some witchhazel to prolong having to wash it?

missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by PrettiGirl PrettiGirl wrote:

I exercise daily, and I've just started to wear weaves so my question is, how do you wash your sewn in hair and rinse without getting the braids wet?? And since I exercise I have to do something to the braids because I sweat in my head, so what is a good way to wash the braids without them becoming too loose too quick?

I exercise daily too and I end up shampooing/Co washing often.  I usually sit under a hooded dryer or use the blowdryer/diffuser to get my hair/scalp underneath the net dry.  I've had my install 8 weeks (taking it down Sunday)and my braids did not loosen badly (net weave). I've also used Apple Cider Vinegar/SeaBreeze/Witch Hazel on my scalp. HTH
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by marie67 marie67 wrote:

Water and oil don't mix,so  the more  oily products you put on the hair,and the more your scalp produces it's  own natural oils,the hair will hold onto it and become  harder to dry,so  MY solution is to not get the braids wet too often! The more water you put on it trying to get the odor out,the more the hair will hold it and the oil! So if you do get it wet, you MUST sit under a dryer and allow for it to dry completely and evenly,because  if you don't ,you will continue to smell the damp oily hair which can make you  choke!  I personally don't  trip off of my own hair,because I know that it's not going anywhere,so I don't spend a whole lot of time  worrying about what's  underneath and  packing my  head with all kinds of  products  that don't completely wash out from being trapped under the braids!

Amen!!!ClapClapClap
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:43pm
Wash and use a little bit of Herbal Essences ANYTHING, all their products smell good and blow dry between the crevices because water stanks when its locked in ur head for a while.
PrettiGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 10:30pm
So You think a net weave will work better for those of us who exercise often?
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:22am
Originally posted by PrettiGirl PrettiGirl wrote:

So You think a net weave will work better for those of us who exercise often?
I  think that  if you are a person who is going to  be concerned  with your  hair as well as the weave,then maybe the net will only hinder you,but  if you  don't seem to mind not having to  get to your scalp,then I would definitely go with the net! I  love the net because I can get 12 weeks out of my weaves,provided that I don't jack it up with  applying too much water and products! Less is more in most instances! If you are  prone to  scalp infections,extreme dandruff etc.,then you probably should not wear the weave as long or with the net.

Edited by marie67 - May 20 2008 at 10:24am
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:30am
I co wash every week.. and spray braids with CFCG/olive oil. every day or evry other day-- once in a while I do a baggie.. with CFCG and Olive oil. I also rinse with ACV..My hair has never smelled better.

its funny cause a couple of weeks ago I asked my hubby what does he think is the big difference between this hair I wear now and the BSS I used to wear.. he said this one doenst stink!!! lol..

chill67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 10:33am
WITCH HAZEL its good for your scalp and itching and it ALSO takes away the mildew odor from the hair not getting dry.

It is important to get the hair underneath thoroughly dry, or the smell will return.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic