BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair Isn't Flourishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Hair Isn't Flourishing
    Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:05pm
Hi guys

This has already been posted in Growth, but Yaya suggested I post it here instead:

My hair isn’t growing AT ALL and I don’t know why. It hasn’t grown at all in over 3 months. I know I need to improve my diet and exercise, but my products and regime, if not completely right for me, are at least not that bad. Having overcome extreme – and I mean EXTREME breakage, plus dry, hard hair recently, I gave myself 7 months to see 2 and a half to 3 and half inches by the end of the year. However, I’ve now passed the half way line and there has been NO progress.

My hair specs:

- Natural (or at least I consider myself to be)

- Coily hair, 4b I think, I’m not sure (tiny spring curls, when my hair’s behaving itself)

- Naturally dry; hair strands – fine; hair density – low, but extremely sensitive to protein

- Damaged hairline, extreme damage to temples

- Scalp is v sensitive; lots of products cause itchiness and it has also been painful in the past

- Longest length is 10 and half inches but I'll check this wkend.

My hair’s not in great condition at the moment (apart from hairline), but it’s by no mean in bad condition.It's grown more before with much more neglect.

Please help or else I’ll be destined to spend the rest of my life looking like a cross between Krusty the Clown (temples) and Ralph Wiggum (hair density).

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:08pm

Krusty 

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 04 2013 at 4:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:16pm

MY CURRENT REGIME & PRODUCTS (in brief: co-wash once a week, overnight oil prepoo, braids}

I wear my hair braided up in 6 – 8 plaits beneath a wig, so the night before wash day I smooth an  oil mix of EVOO, jojoba, grapeseed, sweet almond and crude avocado all over my hair and take out the plaits out.

I also finger detangle but I don’t comb at this point. I massage my scalp, hair and hairline with the same oils above, plus I add JO Pimento & Castor Oil to my scalp and hairline.

I then do 4 – 6 twists and baggy overnight and fingercomb or wide toothcomb with Aussie Moist. I baggy again without heat for 20 – 40 mins and then wash out. I towel dry for about 30 – 60 mins, moisturise with a mix of UBH Crème, UBH Spray and a tiny amount of oil and either braid it up again straight away, or twist and baggy, but then braid it later that day /night.

I also have shikakai powder and Amla Coconut Oil, but I need to do patch test before I use them, plus I’m not really sure how much to use and how to use them.

krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:31pm
Loves, I'm gonna keep it real with you.  Your regimen sounds FINE.  You hear me?  It's good.  There isn't anything you're doing that could be considered harmful or damaging to your precious strands.  Are you getting a good nights sleep at night?  Do you ever get your blood pumping enough to work up a sweat? How many servings of fruits and vegetables are you eating every day?  Those are the things you need to address.  Also, be realistic about what your hair is supposed to look and feel like.  The hair on your head could be perfectly fine.  You may just need to change your perception.

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:57pm
Try growth aids to give you a boost.
*Redbone <3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Redbone <3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:23pm
drinking a lot of water also promotes hair growth. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 6:19am
@ Krisviola: I haven't exercised recently and my diet has been rubbish for most of 2013 Embarrassed. However, I am addressing it And there are other things I could definitely need to change. Like, I currently sleep on cotton pillow cases, and I don't use a wig cap... Nor do I have enough silky scarfs. I'm gonna go out and get this stuff today. But I would've thought that those things would contribute to breakage, not lack of hair growth. When I comb, either using my fingers or a widetooth comb, with conditioner, I mainly lose long strands, they're rarely short or medium in length. My hair just doesn't seem to have grown in 3 months Confused. I'll need to give this much more thought.

@ Rell: I'm currently looking into growth aids. I already use supplements - Spirulina, Iron and Cod Liver Oil, but I'm going to consider aids more tailored towards hair growth.

@ Redbone: I'm already on it! And I usually drink mineral or tap water that's been boiled and cooled down. I only drink plain tap if there's nothing else available.

Thanks guys

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 05 2013 at 6:47am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 6:22am
Are essential oils and Amla, Neem Brahm, Henna (Ayurveda products) etc considered growth aids? I tend to swing towards natural products coz I've had so many problems with my scalp. I may have consider one that aren't though.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 10:22am
You said extreme breakage which means your hair is not being properly moisturized, I recommend deep conditioning maybe 2 times a week and maybe buying a better moisturizer.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 1:53pm
Have your vitamin levels checked, I'm anemic and that effects my hair growth.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>