FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

My Hair Isnt Flourishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 1:08am
I think you should shampoo more often since you are using a conditioner with silicons. To moisturize I like to use a curl activator spray, they work wonders. The best oils you can get for your hair are at the grocery store( chemical free and easy to find). Product wise I like to use giovanni products(they sell them online if you don't mind ordering them, I get mines in the store, but I'm in the US). hope this helps
Sponsored Links

Barmaid1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barmaid1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 1:33am
I used to think that non chemical hair products were hard to find as well but they are not. Unrefined coconut oil can be found in most grocery stores where the cooking oils are found or in the organic food section or try your local health food store. I hope you have great success with Nothing But The Oils by The Secrets of Eden.
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 6:21am
^^^I already get 'food grade' from the supermarket and EVCO from the health shop. Plus I get the other oils I already mentioned from the health shop too. It's the other that are the issue. I want to buy peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus and garlic - and I'll probably want a whole lot more in the future. However, I'm trying not to turn into a PJ and to also not to spend loads of money on products if don't need to. As I already said, I'll look into Nothing but the Oils - I didn't know for example that  Frankincense and Myrrh could be used for hair and I've never even heard of Hyssop or Spikenard LOL. But I'll research it in due course.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Catrice26 Catrice26 wrote:

I think you should shampoo more often since you are using a conditioner with silicons...
IA, although I'm not entirely sure if I'll shampoo every week or less often yet. Re Giovanni - I've seen lot of good reviews on their products a few years back, esp the Direct Leave In. But then I heard they'd changed their ingredients and some people weren't happy with the new formula, so this is something I may look into. But I'm definitely on the lookout for a new moisturiser, so I appreciate your advice. Thanks :)
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

^^^I already get 'food grade' from the supermarket and EVCO from the health shop. Plus I get the other oils I already mentioned from the health shop too. It's the other that are the issue. I want to buy peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus and garlic - and I'll probably want a whole lot more in the future. However, I'm trying not to turn into a PJ and to also not to spend loads of money on products if don't need to. As I already said, I'll look into Nothing but the Oils - I didn't know for example that  Frankincense and Myrrh could be used for hair and I've never even heard of Hyssop or Spikenard LOL. But I'll research it in due course.

Ooooh are we talking essential oils?  I got 10% sandalwood in jojoba oil from Wegmans.  It's very soothing.  If my scalp or anywhere on my body is itchy, it stops the itching on contact.  It works with mosquito bites as well.

I also have peppermint oil.  I wouldn't recommend putting it on your scalp though.  It's stimulating, but also sometimes irritating.  Peppermint's real great use is for relaxation and concentration if you dab it behind your ears and "woosah" for a few minutes.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 9:04pm
Use evoo instead of evco and see if that helps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 4:56am
^^^^^^ I already use EVOO, I HeartHeartHeart it.  It's been a staple for at least 5 years and has saved my scalp and hair on many occasions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 5:02am

^^^I already get 'food grade' from the supermarket...

@Bebe: The word 'EVOO' is missing from the sentence above, it's supposed to say 'I get food grade EVOO from the supermarke't - sorry! But yes, I already use EVOO, I HeartHeartHeart it.  It's been a staple for at least 5 years and has saved my scalp and hair on many occasions.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 09 2013 at 5:03am
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 10:28am
O ok, I thought you were using coconut.

If you are, stop for a little while and see if it helps. That stuff makes my hair so dry and brittle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by krisviola1 krisviola1 wrote:

Ooooh are we talking essential oils?  I got 10% sandalwood in jojoba oil from Wegmans.  It's very soothing.  If my scalp or anywhere on my body is itchy, it stops the itching on contact.  It works with mosquito bites as well.

I also have peppermint oil.  I wouldn't recommend putting it on your scalp though.  It's stimulating, but also sometimes irritating.  Peppermint's real great use is for relaxation and concentration if you dab it behind your ears and "woosah" for a few minutes.
@the bolded: yep, we most definitely are LOL. Thanks for the heads up on the peppermint. I was planning to use it in an oil mix on my scalp to stimulate growth; if I do decide to use it in this way, I'll be sure to proceed with caution. Re the 10% sandalwood in jojoba - that sounds interesting - another product to add to my list.

ETA Even if I decide against using the peppermint oil on my scalp, might just purchase it for the relaxation / concentration benefits tho...

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Oct 09 2013 at 5:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>