Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My hair hates oil!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

My hair hates oil!

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2011
Location: London, England
Status: Offline
Points: 301252
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Oil only makes my hair feel weird if I don't use anything else with it.
You're using a moisturizer right?
this is me too..I always mix my oil with a moisturiser or conditioner otherwise it's just useless
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 145796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Oil only makes my hair feel weird if I don't use anything else with it.
You're using a moisturizer right?

yup! aussie moist mixed with water
Back to Top
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 09 2006
Status: Online
Points: 351122
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

mrshairdo i know u didnt ask for advice but do you have low porosity?

yep
another thing i had in common with ppl who don't use oils


That's really funny. I have low porosity strands but they're okay with light oils like jojoba, grapeseed, mahabhringaraj, coconut and argan. I might be able to get away with normal castor oil but only on the ends and only in the winter; otherwise, I just cut it w/ some other light oil. When chopped my ends off, my hair was all into that olive oil and shea butter but if I try mess now I'd better be prepared to cut again because I cannot deal with the inevitable tangling. I'm only ever able to use the heavier stuff for my HoTs (which I've been seriously slacking off on).


i also have low porosity but ive learned its more about the technique.  my favorite oil right now is grapeseed.  i use castor oil in my deep conditioners.  no matter what i use if my cuticles arent open its just going to sit on my hair.  so i just make sure the products actually absorb and im fine.
Back to Top
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Sep 25 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 269701
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:31am
I don't really use oil
Back to Top
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 03 2006
Status: Online
Points: 46646
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:03am
mrshairdo, on the porosity front, you do regular ACV rinses? I have to do mine nearly every week
Back to Top
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 26 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 11185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:40am
join the team. my hair hates oil and most things that are popular in the Natural hair communities. Aubrey organics HSR, CON detangling shampoo green label, shea butter, black soap,finger detangling, shea moisture shampoos, aussie moist conditioners, scurl, ors replenish pak my hair really hates, Quemet bio BRBC, shampoo bars, avc rinses, tea rinses. Pretty much if im looking at a product and see rave reviews i automatically skip itLOL. That's why im not getting a steamer, too many people love it
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 145796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

mrshairdo i know u didnt ask for advice but do you have low porosity?

yep
another thing i had in common with ppl who don't use oils


That's really funny. I have low porosity strands but they're okay with light oils like jojoba, grapeseed, mahabhringaraj, coconut and argan. I might be able to get away with normal castor oil but only on the ends and only in the winter; otherwise, I just cut it w/ some other light oil. When chopped my ends off, my hair was all into that olive oil and shea butter but if I try mess now I'd better be prepared to cut again because I cannot deal with the inevitable tangling. I'm only ever able to use the heavier stuff for my HoTs (which I've been seriously slacking off on).


i also have low porosity but ive learned its more about the technique.  my favorite oil right now is grapeseed.  i use castor oil in my deep conditioners.  no matter what i use if my cuticles arent open its just going to sit on my hair.  so i just make sure the products actually absorb and im fine.

this is exactly what I'm finding. The oil just sits there on my head, then the next days my hair strand is impenetrable when i'm spraying water/conditioner

I never understand the logic behind moisturizing and sealing everyday or twice a day. I always wondered how they ppl were able to get moisturize back in after they sealed with oil...lol then i realized it was cuz their hair was absorbing it

But some ppl seal with castor oil so i don't understand lol
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 145796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

mrshairdo, on the porosity front, you do regular ACV rinses? I have to do mine nearly every week

I use ACV as my shampoo but I don't do the rinse after conditioning
Back to Top
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 21 2009
Location: your dreams
Status: Offline
Points: 145796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

join the team. my hair hates oil and most things that are popular in the Natural hair communities. Aubrey organics HSR, CON detangling shampoo green label, shea butter, black soap,finger detangling, shea moisture shampoos, aussie moist conditioners, scurl, ors replenish pak my hair really hates, Quemet bio BRBC, shampoo bars, avc rinses, tea rinses. Pretty much if im looking at a product and see rave reviews i automatically skip itLOL. That's why im not getting a steamer, too many people love it

well cotdamn LOL

honestly tho good for you for even knowing this. It took me two years to realize my hair hates oil and that's because i believe my hair couldn't possibly not like oil..smh lol

i'm glad my hair likes aussie moist tho, it's a great conditioner
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down