Perfect Hair Collection

My family hated my hair natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
AfroGirl985 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroGirl985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 4:34pm
My cousins made fun of my hair when I went natural.I don't care what people think cause I love my natural hair.
Sponsored Links

MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2012 at 2:47pm
They will eat their words no worries.. I had my family spitting up the words they ate because they gave me so much crap. I haven't done the big chop but now that my hair is growing out they are BEGGING for my hair advice..Before they would just be like whatever and comment on my length.... Time is all is takes!
KrooK1804 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrooK1804 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2012 at 11:40am
Eh... "Haters gonna hate"... Do what's good for you. Natural hair is/can be beautiful and, more importantly, healthy. Like you said... you've already viewed the results of their methods... 
Christel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2012 at 2:56am
When I cut off all my permed hair everyone liked it except my boyfriend.
We almost break up because of that. I was really disappointed in him because it was my first time ever in my whole life cutting my hair very short. I was hoping for his support...

My mother started perming my hair since I was 6 years old.
Now am 27 and it is a wonderful thing to see the real texture of my hair. It is very thight with curls and I still have to learn about texture and how to keep it moisturized.

Hang in there and enjoy your journey it will surely pay off.
Ms. Jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 1:16pm
Its a very rough journey.

When I big chopped. I did it by a friend's house. I had a little below BSL texturized hair. I just got a$$ed up one day, took a scissors and just went wild in my head. My friends thought I was having a meltdown. lol

And I think on some level I was. I was just tired of it. I felt liberated! But when I got home.... all hell broke lose. My brother who likes women with long straightened hair, hated it. My mom had very little nice things to say. My sister was just like whatever.

I got called ugly, little boy, q-tip, Man those first couple months were rough!!

But now i am 1 yr 6 months post... and they cant tell me NOTHING! It's still a learning curve. Still learning how to keep it moisturized and pixie knot free. But with all the ups and downs, God is fortifying me and I am enjoying my decision.

Forward Ever, Backward NEVER!
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by MeMeMe MeMeMe wrote:

I say, how can you not like my hair?  You gave it to me. 
Star

Star

Oh my god, I love that
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:33pm
My mom hates my hair too. She says I'm ruining my hair, and that I had such nice hair and I ruined it. And she said she thinks it's nasty. Although my relaxed hair wasn't healthy. It wasn't really that damaged either, but it was far from healthy. I can really tell the difference now when I wash my hair too, I used to lose so much more hair when it was relaxed. But I digress. I think she feels like I'm trying to be a "rebel" like my sister who has gotten her hair bleached & dyed, cut in weird ways, weird styles, which is not what I'm doing. I just want healthy hair, and she's trying to say that my hair isn't healthy anymore...she actually said that...I was so dumbfounded.
Neesha0429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neesha0429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:36pm
I don't get too many negative comments. I did overhear one of my cousins say on Thanksgiving that I would "perm it" when I was ready. I giggled a little to myself.
brownhairweave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownhairweave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 2:32am
poor girl...Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style