Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Afros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

My family hated my hair natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Boogiepop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boogiepop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My family hated my hair natural
    Posted: Mar 19 2011 at 2:20pm
When i decided to stop perming my hair and get the big chop, my family was not happy. I chopped all my perm off one day because i could not take the breaking, weak, and thinning hair anymore. The day i did that. I quickly put a wig on to hide my hair from my family. Then eventually my aunt ended up taking it off and she started yelling at me because of what she say. They started complaining on how they shouldn't have let me do my hair by myself, but their hair wasn't even in good condition. When i was young. I had long hair, until they decided to put perm in it and ruined it. Now i'm trying to fix the mistake they made, but they are giving me hell about it. What is wrong with the Black community and natural hair!!
Sponsored Links

honeyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2011 at 2:37pm
families Disapprove
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2011 at 4:23pm

My family's the same. After my BC I was pretty emotional, because I would go around the house and they would just give me the side eye. Now my hairs a grown a little they like it , they think its nice.

Trust me, the people cursing your hair will be eating their words when it grows out and becomes even more beautiful!
QueenBeaEsq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBeaEsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2011 at 4:26pm
I'm going through the same thing at the moment, none of my friends can comprehend why I decided to go natural. 
jineat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jineat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2011 at 7:40pm
Sometimes you have to do what's right for you and walk it alone without family.
If your hair is healthy natural and you get the length your hoping for, then I say
go for it.

Natural hair can be flat ironed with a silky smooth finish just like a relaxer. Natural hair
can grow as long as relaxed hair.
Afro-centric_:] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afro-centric_:] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2011 at 12:12am
My family was the same way some ppl loved my new look while others where like well it'll grow back eventually. But the good thing is opinions are like assholes everybody has one but only yours truly matters. So if your happy wit your decision be happy Smile
new2dagame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote new2dagame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2011 at 2:22pm

I think most people are just sooo obsessed with length they become irrational.  When your hair grows back long and healthy. They will come around :-)

mzcouture19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzcouture19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2011 at 10:12pm
alot of people have the mindset of long straight hair and dont like change...it may take some time b4 your family comes around if not they cant disown you for a decision you made because that makes you happy
Annie225 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2011 at 10:22pm
In life I find you have to have thick skin when you do something that is against the grain.  Anyway, keep on with your quest and don't let family or anyone else discourage you. 

One of the best ways to deal with folks and negative opinions is tell them that you will talk to them about anything but "blank".  In this case it would be your hair.  It has worked for me on many occasions and whenever you need support just come here or to friends you understand what you are going through. 
Feroglobin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feroglobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 9:45am
Families can turn around though
I had long straightened hair and I had started to grow it out when my aunt saw me a few years back.
My aunt asked me why was I going to ruin a good thing. She went on to say  I'd never find a job  or get a husband LOL

Well my hair is MBL now and healthy. And she  had too fess up and say she thought my hair was nice. I was so surprised.
She's natural herself now. I've converted another cousin too.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>