BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

My Experience with....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Experience with....
    Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:16pm
Ok ladies, I think it's time we create our very on "weave encyclopedia" filled with our experiences of various textures, vendors, styles, etc.

THIS IS NOT A QUESTIONS/COMMENTS THREAD...EXPERIENCES ONLY

Type up both the good and the bad of what you've dealt with. Make sure you spell out names of vendors/textures so when people search it'll come up right. And as always, pictures are more than welcome Smile

Again.....do not come up in here asking questions or posting comments on installs, this thread is not for that. Just people's experiences...may anyone who comes in here with a bunch of random stuff be blessed with cow's ass hair Smile

ETA Abbreviation Key for newbs:
KS= Kinky Straight
KC= Kinky Curly
VI= Virgin Indian
VS= Virgin Straight (usually Indian)
VW= Virgin Wavy (usually Indian)
VC= Virgin Curly (usually Indian)
BW= Body Wave
CLY= Chinese Light Yaki
EP= Extensions Plus
Wags= Wagman Primus
AAMH= All About My Hair
RHO= Real Hair Online/Real Hair Exclusive
HE= Hair Esthetics

Edited by Babydoll9163 - Apr 06 2011 at 12:45pm
Sponsored Links

Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:20pm
My experience with Kinky Straight....

Vendor: private
Hair was dyed by vendor.
Installed: About 7 oz and a small closure

The good: Awesome texture. Even though I am wearing a closure it looks so natural. Holds curls awesomely. Most days I either moisturize then braid, knot, or flexirod for curls/waves and they last all day.

The bad: Typical KS stuff. Weather can make this hair poof really big. It requires a lot of product and taming, and MUST be clarified, conditioned, and flat ironed on the regular. But once you get the routine down...it's smooth sailing.

Consensus: This is my new favorite texture. I will definitely rock KS most of the year (only switching in spring/summer when it's time for curls).
DonBellaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBellaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:25pm
My experience with: "Virgin" Brazilian

Vendor: Dee Hair Palace
Installed 7.7 ounces

The good: I love the texture, blend well with my hair when the hair has been flat ironed straight. Holds a curl very well, flexi-rods a little too well lol.

The bad: Hair is hard to blend your natural hair with when in its wavy state, ends felt a lil dry first time flat ironing, used CHI Silk Infusion and they are good as new.

Consensus: Love the texture and the hair, minimal shedding , no tangling. This will be my go to hair for wearing straight hair.

ETA: Pics, see avatar and my better blending video on Youtube.

Edited by DonBellaDiva - Apr 05 2011 at 4:27pm
bombchelle. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bombchelle. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:33pm
My experience with...

Brazillian Wavy.

Vendor: Laila ( virgincurls )

It was my first "virgin" hair purchase last summer so I had no knowledge on virgin hair.

The Good: It was easy to blend with my hair & I'm relaxed. Even with multiple washes, the waves always popped back. It flat ironed very easily & had a nice course texture to it. The length was just as expected as well.

I ended up giving the hair to my friend because I wanted curlier hair. A year later, needless to say, it doesn't look the same. Definitely have to take care of it & keep the products to a minimum.
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 4:45pm
My experience with Miami Ripple and Miami Ripple Hybrid/Relaxed....

Vendor: Halley's Curls
Hair color: natural color 1b/2.
Hair origin: Malaysian
Installed: About 8 oz.

The good: The MR and MRH- beautiful 3b/c curls. Great textures in appearance and feel.

The bad: The MRH beautiful with no problems but the MR........ that ish crawled up, matted and tangled like a rabid bat!. Dead

Consensus: Halley's Curls is hit or miss and I would NEVER buy from them again.

Edited by LovesLace - Apr 06 2011 at 2:02pm
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 5:05pm
My experience with VS Superior

Vendor: Wagman's.
Hair Color: Dyed Black (by them)
Installed: Between 9 and 10 ounces

Good: Hair is already washed, ends clipped, colored. Wavy in it's natural state. Matches my hair texture (3c/4a) when blown out. Little to no shedding.

Bad: Whatever dye Wagman's used causes me to never be able to wear the hair flat ironed straight. Other people have this same problem. Flat ironing causes the hair to appear shiny and extremely synthetic. I wash/cowash every week and am going on three months, and still have this problem. Thus, I am only able to wear the hair with curls from an iron or flexis.

Consensus: Great hair. Great customer service. Going to reinstall soon.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 5:17pm
My experience with KC

Vendor: All About My Hair (AAMH)
Hair Color: 1B. I dyed the hair off black
Installed: 8 ounces

Good: The hair was soft..matched my hair in it's natural state..

Bad: They did not tell me they were on back order, nor did it state it on the website. So when I ordered, I had to wait about a week and a half to two weeks for my order. I experienced no shedding or tangling when I washed before install. I did not plan on splitting the wefts but had no choice because they were too short (even with 8 ounces) to get full coverage. First time splitting wefts and I did a botch job to say the least. I did seal though. I had issues keeping the hair moisturized and experienced EXTREME SHEDDING/TANGLING to the point where every time I detangled the hair it became thinner and thinner. Not to mention I disliked how I styled it. The hair is in my current avi but I kept it in for about three weeks.

Consensus: Will purchase KC again but not from them, and in a looser curl pattern.
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:26pm
Trying to contribute to my boo-thang's thread:

My Review for

LAVISH LENGTHS
www.lavishlengths.com

18" Bohemian Curly
8 oz
self install with approx 6 oz unsplit wefts

I was thoroughly impressed,
I felt the packaging was nice
and neat, and the hair looked
pretty. I initially thought the
curls looked very uniform.

At first I used Dove
Intensive Therapy Shampoo
and Conditioner. I also tried
Tresemme' Curly Shampoo
& Conditioner. Now I am
using Pantene Frizzy to
Smooth Shampoo and
Conditioner. I prefer the
Pantene.

It flat irons pretty
easily after blowdrying. It it
a little puffy when just
attempting to flat iron
without blowdrying first. On a high (450 degree) iron
my curls stayed intact
overnight.

I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. I
washed it daily for about 4 days. Pretty
much, whenever I am going somewhere
and want it to look fresh, I wash it.
 I only straightened it twice.
Other than that, I wear it in its natural
state.

I sealed my hair with the he101.
I sealed the whole weft on one side, but I
do this with every hair type. The hair does
shed, but it is general detangle shedding. In
general, I've not noticed any excessive
shedding.

My hair tends to get dry and the ends will
tangle. I don't feel it is abnormal tangling
for the length and texture though. The hair
is NOT matted, but it will tangle up on
itself a bit. Once wet, the tangles sort of
disappear though.

I have tried Cantu Shea Butter, Dove
Products, Tresemme Products, Pantene
Products. I apply castor oil to the ends of
the hair to prevent drying and seal in
moisture.

Without product this hair gets HUGE. 
I
don't like to use a lot of product, so I
cowash every 2 days, then seal with a thin
coating of castor oil or evoo, let air dry and
go. I think the hair can look frizzy with too
many products. I prefer it to look as close
to its natural state as possible.

I rate this hair an 8 overall and about a 9
compared to other curly hair that I've worn. The owner Jessica is a doll.  She asked me to be a tester & I was sent this hair in exchange for review.
TheSweetLife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSweetLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:37pm
My experience with: Kinky Curly
Vendor: All About My Hair
Installed 7.5oz

The good: Absolutely loved the texture. It matched my 2b3c hair lovely. It didn't tangle or matte. It also didn't require a lot of manipulation.

The bad: I had to figure out what would make the hair thrive. I would get really big, so you wouldn't need the whole 7.5oz if you weren't into gigantic diva hair.  Nothing containing alcohol! The service was slow with communication.

Consensus: Love the texture and the hair, minimal shedding , no tangling. I would buy again in a heart beat unless I can find a CV to dupe it.
Deluxe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2011 at 6:37pm
My experience with KS

Vendor: Hairesthetics
Installed: 4 ounces (14 inches). Next time with try about 5 -5.5ounces because I layered the hair, which reduced volume I had upon initial intall.

Good: LOVE THIS HAIR - perfect match for 3c-4a leave out.
KS allows me to reduce heat usage on my hair.
KS flat-ironed also looks beautiful.
Clarifying hair and conditioner refreshes hair bringing it right back to life.
Curls with flexi-rods (curls last ALL day) - trick is to use the smaller rods. Curls from bigger rods falls out after few hours.
Braid-outs/twistouts work a treat.
Shedding is a minimal...and I brush the hair thoroughly every night prior to braiding it.
Tangling is rare (but it does happen). But not diffcult to detangle.

Bad: KS hair can dryout - trick is to moisturise frequently as you would your natural hair. Also conditioners are your friendWink
Cannot use barrelled curling iron to achieve curl....waist of time, the curls will fall out.

Consensus: KS is the one for me. Will use this along with kinky straight to support my natural hair growth.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>