Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My experience testing avs,cvs, and ivs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsTiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsTiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 12:08am
ClapThank you for a great thread!!!!
Sponsored Links

sucre265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucre265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 12:18am
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

^^
This is a great thread OP

+1
sucre265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucre265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 12:23am
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

^^
This is a great thread OP

+1
DOLLHOUSESTYLIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOLLHOUSESTYLIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 1:59pm
Has anyone sampled  http://www.indhair.com - A.L.KISHORES

quality as of late? How are their wefts, are their any nits in the hair or awkward smell?
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 11:18pm
very informative. So have you branched out into hair with  texture, YAKI, ITALIAN YAKI, KINKY STRAIGHT?
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Awesome thread!!

FTP(Coughs "Newbies") that ask the same ole questions every single day:

" Can someone recommend a good vendor that sells cheap virgin hair." 

DeadDeadDeadConfusedOuchBig smile

Cheap & Virgin LOLLOLLOL  Bana you soooo crazy 
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 3:53am
hunting for a factory/dealer who is willing to tell me how hair is harvested from donor. So I can tell if hair is properly handled to keep cuticle intact not mixed in direction no luck the people I have chatted w say trust me you like I promise . A reputable dealer would not be afraid to say how they ensure quality for their customer.IMO.KINKY STRAIGHT VENDORS W GOOD QUALITY IS THERE ONE PM IF YOU CAN HELP PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!
Chocolatey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chocolatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 4:10pm
The larger manufacturers have FAQs to help shed some light on the processing:

http://www.indianhumanhairexporter.co.in/processing.htm

http://www.rajimpex.com/faqs.htm (Look under "What is remy cuticle hair?")

I think that's all the explanation you're going to get from these vendors. For some more insight, read this article: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/oct/28/hair-extension-global-trade-secrets

Particularly, this part of the article above caught my eye:

Much of the hair on sale comes from small agents who tour villages in India, China, and eastern Europe, offering poverty-stricken women small payments to part with their hair. As one importer, based in Ukraine, told the New York Times recently: "They are not doing it for fun. Usually only people who have temporary financial difficulties in depressed regions sell their hair." More worryingly, back in 2006, the Observer reported that in India some husbands were forcing their wives into selling their hair, slum children were being tricked into having their heads shaved in exchange for toys, and in one case a gang stole a woman's hair, holding her down and cutting it off. When Victoria Beckham said in 2003 that her "extensions come from Russian prisoners, so I've got Russian cell block H on my head", she may have been joking, but it was not long until the Moscow Centre for Prison Reform admitted it was possible: warders were forcibly shaving and selling the hair of prisoners. Thanks to such horror stories, reputable companies try to ensure the hair they sell is "ethical". Balmain Hair, Riley explains, has been sourcing hair from China for almost 50 years, and pays women the equivalent of a man's six-month salary (although she cannot give me an exact figure). However, not all companies pay donors. In temples in south India devotees travel for hundreds of miles and queue for hours to have their hair tonsured, or ritually shaved. Some have prayed for a child, others for a sick relative or a good harvest, and when their prayers are answered they offer up their hair. According to one report, most are rural women whose hair has often never been dyed, blow-dried, or even cut and is worth around £200. The hair is then sorted and sold, often by online auction.
Chocolatey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chocolatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 4:28pm
Another article of interest about harvesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/14/world/a-religious-tangle-over-the-hair-of-pious-hindus.html

When her turn came, Ms. Subhasri sat on a flat, wooden platform, head bowed before one of the dozens of expert barbers. Within minutes, her wavy, black tresses were shorn, and immediately swept away by a broom-wielding temple employee. Bathing in lukewarm water after this ritual, the Rajus joined a milelong line of devotees with shining pates like theirs, and prepared to go into the innermost area of the temple to pray to the deity.

The head shaving ritual is repeated every day by thousands of Indians, both male and female, in the Tirupati temple as a symbol of the surrender of a person's ego to god.

It takes about a year from the time the hair is cut off to its appearance as wigs in the West. Every other month, when two warehouses are piled high with stocks of some 100,000 pounds of hair, officials at the Tirupati temple call for a hair auction. The auction is a regulated process: notices appear in three newspapers, in four languages each, and on the temple's two official Web sites.

@Elaine98: Maybe avoid using the word "harvest" when talking to vendors. The hair is obtained either by shaving or cutting off in a ponytail. You are asking about how is the hair sorted once it's received from these auctions. And again, I doubt any vendor will tell you much more than the info offered on Raj Impex's or Al Kishore's sites.
Elaine98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elaine98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 2:00am
Thank You so much Chocalatey your info is very insightful & informative. Yes the word harvested was not the best choice, but couldn't think of the word to express what I meant. So cut or shaved is a better choice and probably less obtrusive. I will definitely read the links. Really all I wanted was to know how hair was cared for after being cut from donor , to ensure hair was kept intact after extraction, so cuticles were not mixed in direction. . Like "After ponytail is cut each ponytail is immediately wrapped in string to ensure there is no mixing of hair to protect the integrity of the hair." something to that effect would have answered my question. Again I thank you for you shared info, when you are new and don't know the game it can be EXTREMELY disheartening. Even navigating the threads and searches can be confusing so thank you for your time   
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic