FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

My Edges Will Never Grow Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2017 at 7:23pm
2017 Update:

1) Oils do not work for my hair. In fact, they often times make it worse because they clog the pores on my scalp. The only oils that do not cause irritation that are readily available are shea butter and mineral oil. Jojoba oil can be okay at times. Coconut oil is a HUGE no no for my hair and scalp. Tried palm oil which is messy as all hell and stains red. Did not want to risk that anymore. Emu oil was also okay on my scalp but did not produce any result.

2) Micro-tattoo did not work. Looks a hot mess, painful .. just didn't work. I told the woman to stop 10 minutes in. Tattoo on the scalp just doesn't work. I don't recommend it.

3) Transplant. I am saving up for this. I actually started a new business so I can save up for it. I'm convinced that this is the solution for me. @Phattrabbit, thank you so much for the recommendation. I will probably fly out and use them.
Sponsored Links

clarkan9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkan9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2017 at 8:24am
sorry the tattoo didn't work. yeah it does sound like the only option is hair transplant or just wear wigs. good luck with that.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2017 at 10:21am
While you are saving up, try rogaine. After seeing a YT video and knowing that my MIL uses it, I tried for my edges. Its slow, but they're filling in a little bit. I use the walgreen's version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szexCwdlGRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xjs-AlUjKg

Edited by carrie - Dec 03 2017 at 10:21am
ejfel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejfel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2017 at 4:00pm
the only issue with rogain/minoxidil is that you are growing chemically dependent hairs and it most likely will fall off when you stop using it. Some people have better results with Rogain when you use it with something that penetrates deeper into the scalp, like Retin-A, or some kind AHA, aloe vera, or emu oil. You apply one of those things first, then follow up with the rogain. Also, the Mouse works a little better as it stays where it is suppose to, as the liquid can run down, etc. 
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2017 at 9:12am
I don't know how bad your edges are, but hopefully this will give you some hope. Many many years ago I wore bonded weaves that thinned out my edges.  It actually took years for my edges properly grow in.  I found that the only thing that helped my edges fill in was to leave them alone.  No hairstyles that caused tension on my edges, no braids, no weaves, no wigs.  I wore my hair in styles that covered the affected area.

Try to find hairstyles that can camouflage your problem areas.  There's so many cute hair cuts that can easily hide your problem and have you out here stuntin on them.  Good look bae!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic