Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Care Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMy daughters hair is growing!!! A must read!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Kellee17 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My daughters hair is growing!!! A must read!!
    Posted: Mar 13 2010 at 9:19am

My 20 month old daughter has very different hair texture than mine.  It is very soft and thin, with patches of thickness??   Her hair was always so dry.  I have been following a great regimen.

I only co-wash her hair.  I use CD Tui Hair smoothie, mixed with Jojoba oil, olive oil, and coconut oil.  ( I use just VO5 mixed with the same oil.. but her hair didnít take to  that

I apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave- in conditioner

I usually cornrow her hair using a mixture of shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil, glycerin, and olive oil.  I make it thin so that I can apply it to her scalp like grease.

To detangle her hair I use a water/glycerin oil mix.  It allows the comb to go through her hair like a warm knife through butter. 

Her hair has been so soft and moisturized.  And it is growing like crazy.  Not really thick, but I think that is just her hair texture. 

The only problem I have is that she will not sleep with a scarf on and her crib sheets are killing her hair.. any suggestion on how to combat that would be great.  Do they make silk crib sheets??  lol

Sponsored Links

Splendor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 1:44pm
I think they make satin pillowcases.
Ashley0710 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Splendor Splendor wrote:

I think they make satin pillowcases.

They sure do! I got a pair of satin pillow cases, one for me and one for my 2yo DD from a store called Conway for $2.99. And now her cornrows last a lot longer without getting fuzzy so soon.

ETA: Good job on taking care of your DD's hair! I recently (I think back in November) started properly taking care of both our heads and her hair has done a complete 180!

Edited by Ashley0710 - Mar 26 2010 at 4:45pm
trophywife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:54am
Shea butter has been a God send when dealing with my 2 year old hair as well.   She has extremely thick dry hair.   I too mix shea butter and pure coconut and this instantly softens her hair and has kept it healthy enough to reach her tiny shoulders. 
Thanks for the added tips and kudos to you for working diligently on your toddlers hair.  It's like a second job!!!!
for me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 4:59am
Thumbs%20Upthanks for the tips ladies
ellisx3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 3:27pm
Hi, Kellie, love your post...I have never used she's butter. Can you tell me how to mix the butter and oils. Thanks.
haircaring View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 5:40am
I just don't know much about this problem before. I don't realize the same problem on my daughter. I will pay more attention to it later. Thank you for the writing!
blackfox View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 10:12pm
i have two girls a 2 yrs.old and a 4 yr.old my 2 yr old has thin hair and hard to keep up because her hair does'nt holda style and the 4 yr.old has thick untamed hair and her hair doesnt look like it is growing ANY SUGGESTIONS~TongueHeart
Ejisubroni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 10:19pm
Walmart/Target/Bed bath and beyond all make satin pillow cases so check those out or just purchase some fabric and make a cute crib sheet :) Also for the others, raw melted-in-the-microwave shea butter with raw scooped-out-of-the-leaf aloe vera plant gel is a great MUST HAVE for the health of your hair. I blend these two so its nice and foamy and from there you can add other lotions.oils et cetera. A few drops of tea tree oil will allow it to keep longer in the fridge. hth 
alexrobort View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 2:50am
i think that your product for hair is not suitable to his hair. so you can try http://www.herbalpowertips.com/sources_of_vitamins.php - herbal treatments 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic