Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Children's Health
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy daughter is getting too fat!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
NaturaleMommi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2007 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Zainabou Zainabou wrote:

I would also look at the school lunch menus.  That food is so fattening.  When I started eating school lunches I gained like 15 pounds, I was only ten.  My Mom started packing my lunch and I lost the weight.

You're right the school lunch menu's are full of nothing but high calories and high fatty foods. I blame school lunches for giving my daughter high cholesterol and she's only 9 Angry.....

I would suggest lowering the amount of fat she takes in every day, replacing white bread with wheat or whole grain, replacing juices/soda's with water and an extra-curricular activity that involves excercise...
Sponsored Links

chainlace2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2007 at 6:01pm
SEND HER TO SCHOOL WITH A SAK LUNCH AND TAKE HER FOR FUN WALKS AND TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE WITH HER. MAYBE YOU CAN GET HER IN SOME TYPE OF SPORTS , GYMNASTICS OR SWIMMING CLASSES. GOOD LUCK
Toonie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by chainlace2 chainlace2 wrote:

SEND HER TO SCHOOL WITH A SAK LUNCH AND TAKE HER FOR FUN WALKS AND TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE WITH HER. MAYBE YOU CAN GET HER IN SOME TYPE OF SPORTS , GYMNASTICS OR SWIMMING CLASSES. GOOD LUCK

I agree, my daughter loves to eat and this is what I have to do. During the winter months, a lot of parents (sometimes myself as well) slack off on the excercise. Kids should get an hour a day. Every day. I have a membership to the museum where she can be physical during the winter, and we are usually there for more than hour because of all the fun interesting things to do.  I pack her lunch, and FYI MOtts for Tots are GREAT juice boxes, because they have the water already mixed in plus 100% juice. I am willing to spend the extra cents for something healthy. We don't eat french fries, sodas, or chips. Rarely if we do.
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 12:50am
1st suggestions: call a doc.

2nd suggestion: refer to suggestion 1.

3rd suggestion: refer to suggestions 2 and 1

Embarrassed

She may have a thyroid issue. Get it checked ASAP.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic