Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

My dad is making me get a relaxer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Sunshine6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by shortnsweet08 shortnsweet08 wrote:

You might also try posting this in the natural section...

Lol. Thanks. I was thinking that as soon as I posted!Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2012 at 11:49am
I must give your dad points for being aware and concerned about your hair. Because of your track record of not taking care of your hair, then you will need to prove to your dad that you can and will take care of your hair going forth. Explain to your dad that a relaxer stresses the hair in order to straighten it, and with the twisting and pulling you get from braiding this is to much stress for the average head of hair and it will more than likely result in breakage and more hair issues. From this day forward it is your job to show your dad that you can and are willing to take care of your hair. And you must start doing so, because in the long run it will benefit you. Learn to negotiate with your dad. Do not yell or whine, just explain yourself and maybe get the support of another relative for back up. God bless you!
...classified. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ...classified. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2012 at 12:16pm
did you end up having to get the perm anyway??
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 1:47pm
Thats ass backward. Where's ur mom and is he going to the salon with u? 

Edited by ScorpioLuv - Aug 30 2012 at 1:47pm
kinkycurlygirl28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Thats ass backward. Where's ur mom and is he going to the salon with u? 
omg she said her mom died
Miss Ladybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Ladybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 5:43pm
I know its late but if you haven't convinced him yet show him the Chris Rock  movie "Good Hair" When he sees what that relaxer does to that soda can he won't want that on your head Wink
Coiled up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coiled up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:56am
Hey baby girl! What happened? Did daddy come to his senses? I just read your cry for help and I pray it worked out in your favor. If it didn't then to keep your hair from being on the floor, keep your hair clean, conditioned and moisturized weekly or bi-weekly. Please give us an update
Sunshine6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:12pm
I dodged a bullet the first time, but now they are trying to make me get one this time. I really don't want one because I KNOW my hair will fall out. I don't like doing extra work with my hair andf having to get it "touched up" and redone every few weeks is way too much work. Plus I was planning on going natural once my air got to a certain length. So much for that now though Cry
Sunshine6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 3:45am
And I forgot to add it is mainly my aunt wanting me to do this. I can't change her mind. She has one so she doesn't see from my side of the story.
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Sunshine6 Sunshine6 wrote:

And I forgot to add it is mainly my aunt wanting me to do this. I can't change her mind. She has one so she doesn't see from my side of the story.
o boy, i hope its not too late. I was going to say the same thing the other girl said about showing your dad the chris rock movie. but if u said its your aunt u may be in trouble. i would go to plan b and pull out ......THE BIG GUNS.....

thats right baby, when auntie is not around, i would pull out them puppy dog eyes, and start crying to daddy. cuddle up under him and tell all about how those perms burn your scalp and give you a headache. make stuff up if you have to. remember, u r daddy's little girl, and they hate to c their daughter cry. ask him to give it to you as a christmas present. o, and still show him the movie!!!

good luck and tell us how it goesWink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style