Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My brother-in-law took my sister's last name...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My brother-in-law took my sister's last name...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:21pm
Is his last name obviously ethnic?

Is her last name ethnically ambiguous?

Do you think he has self hate issues and is trying to distance himself from his heritage?

If theses Qs have already been A & A'd, can I get pg#? TIA
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

have you asked your BIL his reasons for taking her last name?

do you think you would have the same reaction if the couple was a stranger?

my friend's husband took her last name b/c he hated his last name and his father, and said he wanted a fresh start.

His answer was basically "why not?"...and she made it clear she wasn't changing her name.

I think I'd have the same reaction if it were a stranger. Though I'm sure my reaction is compounded by the fact that I know her ways.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Is his last name obviously ethnic?

Is her last name ethnically ambiguous?

Do you think he has self hate issues and is trying to distance himself from his heritage?

If theses Qs have already been A & A'd, can I get pg#? TIA

His last name is obviously latino. Hers is ambiguous.

I don't think he has self-hate issues...at least I don't get that vibe from him. Then again, I haven't spent a lot of time with him since his english got better so I can't say that for sure.

Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:34pm
maybe he dominated in the honeymoon suite and it all balanced out?
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

His last name is obviously latino. Hers is ambiguous.

I don't think he has self-hate issues...at least I don't get that vibe from him. Then again, I haven't spent a lot of time with him since his english got better so I can't say that for sure.

Ahhhh....

And I know you didn't mean for the bold to be funny, but I cackled aloud when I read it.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:45pm
He probably think he and his offspring will have an easier time of it without having an immigrant name. Me and my bf have had the same discussion as his surname is weird... he got teased because of it and he would not want to put his kids through that
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:46pm
No shade Maysay but I feel like you bring up your family is white in every thread....
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

No shade Maysay but I feel like you bring up your family is white in every thread....

I probably do...but that's because some of things I say don't make sense unless I also mention that my family is white. I try to only point it out when it's relevant though.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:56pm

maysay never answered my question.....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

Did he do it for citizenship?

jr.

I feel horrible for saying this but, yes I believe he's marrying her for citizenship.
I believe he loves her and would be in a relationship with her regardless...but I think marriage wouldn't have happened so soon. They've only been together a year. He has an engineering degree and getting married is the fastest way to be able to work legally in this country. Plus my parents are paying for the lawyers and all that.

So, I think he's being smart and taking advantage of a good situation. Maybe their marriage will last forever...I hope it does.
Shoot, I'd take her last name too.Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic